Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1622076 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9780 on: Aug 29, 2017, 07:32 AM »
Still can't get it  :%$#!:  maybe because I deleted my account with them awhile back  ???

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9781 on: Aug 29, 2017, 07:45 PM »
Well today was a bust, my guy backed out last night.  He didn't miss much, the other boat I knew was going to be there had 4 fishing out of it.  They deployed a variety of baits, presentations.  They boated 4 trout on what catches the eyes. last count was 12 eyes, 1 crappie.  For me ?....Don't ask...I was fishing in the Shad Hatch Nursery all day.  Even caught a half inch one.

WW don't feel bad Photo bucket doesn't like me either.  Looks like they are not into making money, what $400 for hosting 500 photos ? Not for me.  Your fair going get rained out ?
Oh I tried that about fish dinner, and she wanted Breakfast  ::)

Will take another stab at it in the morning.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9782 on: Aug 30, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Happy Hump Day!!   ;D
  52* and calm this am, high of 72 expected. The coyotes are making a bunch of noise this morning, probably got a hold of one of this seasons fawns...driving my dogs crazy with all the yipping.

Bud..better luck this morning with the Walters!  :thumbsup:    How deep is Cherry Creek Reservoir, and what depth have you been fishing mostly?  Scarey story on the power lines, yikes!!
  Wally..hope the inspection and hitch repair went well, looks like another beautiful day coming for either a bike ride or the boat.  Best of luck if you're fishing!   :thumbsup:
   Jeff..I tried the link also, but couldn't get it to work. I'll give it a shot on my not so smart phone and see if It will go through. Almost sounds like that guy at Vets has a plan to increase the bubblers with the new docks and make things more difficult to access the shoreline?
  OG...glad to read you had a great trip camping/hiking with your daughter, awesome!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope your day went well yesterday, and we don't read any reports of the trucks sinking into the ground up to the pumpkin... ;D. Hope you and the crew have a safe day in the jungle today Sir!    :thumbsup:

Well, the power company took care of about 100' of that line problem and we'll be pouring over it this morning. As I understand it, they'll be addressing this problem as we continue our renovation work.
  Was anxious to get home yesterday afternoon as I have been waiting for a package due to arrive from Madison Wisconsin. The Mrs. had it waiting on the table for me when I arrived with a puzzled look and wondering what I ordered now... :whistle:
  The package was from Old Goat, and the contents were an amazing selection of tungsten jigs, slender spoons, PK's, jigging raps, Hali's, assorted Clam,  JB,  Custom Jigs And Spins tungsten jigs, Lindy darters, to name a few!
Christmas presents for the boys came early yesterday... :clap:   
  OG...can't Thank You enough for the fine selection of lures and passing on one hell of a deal to me Sir....you knocked this one out of the park Sir!!   :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:
   Time to get ready for more of the grey stuff....cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9783 on: Aug 30, 2017, 03:20 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Eddie, Wow! sounds like you made an excellent haul. OG is definitely on his game :thumbsup: You have a good day with the Grey stuff and enjoy your Hump Day Sir!

WW glad you and Mr Wally had fun at the fair. Hope the weather is kind and you are able to log some miles on the bike in the coming days :thumbsup:

IW I didn't have any luck with the link either, probably need a little tweaking. You asked about planking. We have 4'x8' sheets of a tough plastic material (can't think of the name) for planking. It works very well until the ground is saturated, then even it settles and leaves marks.

Another early start as we are heading to a vacant office building to spruce things up a bit. Today most of the work will be off the parking lot with only a couple removals on the lawn area where they can reach them with the portable lift.

Last night just as I was getting home the Old Buick made a terrible grinding noise when I stepped on the brakes. It was almost like something let loose and bound up. I didn't have time to look at it last night so will have to dig into it tomorrow. Today I get the wife's rig. Sure hope I can keep the sawdust out of it, she hates that ??? 

Best of luck if hitting the water :thumbsup: Above all everyone have a safe day.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9784 on: Aug 30, 2017, 05:18 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv ER's,
                      It is also 52* on this Hump Day on my hill, it looks clear out, and is suppose to be another nice day.
                      Eddie.......I'm glad that they were able to get the power cable covered for your pour, I'm sure it will be
             following or you following it  for a while! :%$#!: good score from OG! :thumbsup:
                      Marv........Those plastic sheets sound great but a imprint of 4x8 is better that straight tire ruts to fix.
             When we had our drilling business we used 3/4" sheets of plywood then I was able too score some aluminum
             portable aircraft landing sheets, the ones with the holes in them, also we would put down a big canvas tarp
             then the panels, it worked really well. :flex:
                      I'm sorry that the link isn't working for any of you, I'll try something different!
                      I hope everyone has a good Hump Day either at work or out playing.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9785 on: Aug 30, 2017, 07:53 AM »
I will try again today. The gremlin that caused me to lose my post yesterday was me. I had to much on my plate to retype it. I did get the pontoon back floating yesterday. About lost my hip boots to the muck a few times. I did notice I need to jack up a section of the dock and put some more shims under one joint joint in the dock

Eddie Sounds like the power company took the problem seriously. On one of my jobs we had to pull the under ground lines to put it in conduit under the addition I was building. A couple weeks later I took a call a when I was still at the shop in the morning that they had lost part of the power n the building. I grabbed one of the electricians and headed down. I had already figured out where the problem was. When were digging up the line where it went under the building into the conduit the electrician wanted to get a backhoe. YIKES When we finally got it dug up I got a poke when cleaning out where we had bent it back to put it in the conduit. The covering on one of the wires had cracked allowing water to get to the aluminum wire turning it to mush.

WS When I was a kid there were a lot of WW2 landing mats around. Heavy as H as they were steel. It sounds like you have a brake job to do. Hopefully they do not use as much salt out there as they do in Michigan so things are as rusted up like mine were. Just park the wife's car up wind where you are cutting so the dust does not get you in the dog house.

IFF At least they were catching some thing. Your luck sounds like mine was the two times I have been out this year. Two trips and only enough fish for one small fish fry. That with the boos only being able to eat a couple of filets. I am still waiting for the algae to clear up.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9786 on: Aug 30, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Very nice morning. Hope everyone has a good day.
Had a good day on the lake yesterday. Boated at least 25 walleyes and I bet I missed that many. Hitting very light and tight to bottom. Pike got two more jigs. Kept 4 walleyes for a couple who live down the road. They were very happy...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9787 on: Aug 30, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....great job on the eyes  :thumbsup:  got to love those kind of days  @)
WS....sorry to hear of your car troubles  :pinch: hope the repair job is an easy, inexpensive one  ;)
IW.....guess if you don't have a paid account, pb isn't very user friendly  >:(
Eddie.....glad National Grid was on the ball for you guys  :clap:  usually they aren't the quickest at repair jobs  :-\
TT....good to hear you were able to free up the toon w/o incident   :flex:
IFF.....hope your next trip out is more productive, tough when the shad are so numerous  :wacko:  no rain outs here, fair is breaking attendance records daily  :)  how about a fish patty, egg & cheese bagel for breakfast  ??? :roflmao:

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9788 on: Aug 30, 2017, 09:51 AM »
Good Morning ER's     TT glad you got the toon up and ready. WW hope the hitch repair goes well. WS good luck with the brake system. H2L great outing on the eyes. Mason glad to help out. I have a ? for Bud   Do you know what kind of round belly boats GM carried I picked up the tube guessing caddis but not sure any info on any round brands GM sold

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9789 on: Aug 30, 2017, 03:09 PM »
Afternoon ER's  Had alarm set for 5:30, woke up at 4:30, then couldn't keep my eyes open. So turned the alarm off.  Woke up at 6:30  Launched at 7:26 fished till 11:00 only two hits I had was a keeper eye and a good Crappie.  Didn't take any drinks with again.  Lost the breeze at 10:00 and turned hot in a hurry.

Eddie the max depth of CC is 26-27 near the outlet. the basin is 22, and most flats around 13.  Hardly any structure. Reminds me of a bowl. inlet end is shallow 5-6 about a third of the total lake area. Water is really stained, visibility about a foot most days.

WW how about Crappie breakfast burrito ??? That I could break for. ;D

OG not sure what brands they sent to store opening.  At any rate they only sent us 3 and never restocked.  Caddis would be my guess.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9790 on: Aug 30, 2017, 03:14 PM »
thanks bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9791 on: Aug 30, 2017, 07:34 PM »

Here is the video that Jeff posted yesterday of his Grandson using the wood processor.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9792 on: Aug 30, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Using the link Marv, this is what I run into

This video is private.
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.

Oh well,
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9793 on: Aug 30, 2017, 08:57 PM »
Well, poop :%$#!: Sorry about that, I just can't figure out what is wrong, I have it set as public.

I will tinker with it tomorrow.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9794 on: Aug 31, 2017, 03:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 55* and clear here on my hill, yesterday was just a magnificent day here in the Adirondacks! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                  I got a few little projects done that made my wife happy.
                          Marv.......Thanks for posting that video and to Jo for helping out! :clap:
                          It must be an early start for Marv and Eddie or Gremlins have plagued their computers like mine was yesterday,
                  I had a hard time doing things on mine! :%$#!:
                          Today I'm going out to set up my ground blind and do some prep work in the area so I can get a better view
                  of deer coming in to the area and set up a trail cam! Yes it's that time of year, with the weather we've been having
                  I feel the urge to get out into the woods! :flex:
                          I hope WW and h2l were able to get out on the water for some Eyes.
                          It's Thursday pay day for those who work, I hope everyone has a great day either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9795 on: Aug 31, 2017, 04:36 AM »
Just a quick jump in to say that I have no problem viewing the video at all!
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9796 on: Aug 31, 2017, 05:23 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....no problem viewing IW's video  :thumbsup:  thanks. hope you're on your way fishing this morning  ;)2
IW....great video of your grandson  :clap:  looks like another hard worker coming up in the MW family  ;D  definitely feeling fall like around here lately  @)

Checked one of the trail cams yesterday & found this pic:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9797 on: Aug 31, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Good Morning ER's 

Marv video opened for me this morning  :thumbsup:

Guess not having a job to go to, means I will have to get after things around the house that were always shoved to the rear burner  ::)  No fishing this morning, figured I better not press my luck going 3 days in a row, when Some of the garden needs to be cleared as its past done. 

Any plans over the labor day weekend ?   

Nice cam pic there WW.  Haven't opened the one I got from the Gander sell off yet, suspect only thing it might capture is squirrels and a rabbit now and then.  Will be interesting.

take care all.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9798 on: Sep 01, 2017, 02:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to September!!   :clap:
  Clear and 43* this am, high of 61 expected here today!  Had some Internet issues yesterday morning, cable was out as well..another Gremlin encounter!
  Bud..thanks for the info on CC, always thought that was a deeper body of water for some reason. Hope you caught up on some of your housework and get rewarded with another fishing trip!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..excellent picture, that one gets the blood flowing! Was that taken at the hunting camp or at home?  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff..sure was a nice day to spend in the woods yesterday, how did things go with your ground blind? I saw the video on my phone yesterday, pretty impressive piece of equipment! Looks like your grandson will be helping out filling up that new wood shed.... :thumbsup:
  Marv...nice job helping out Jeff with the video! Hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday....fishing?    :thumbsup:
  Steve..hope all is well and you're settled in at the new homestead!   :thumbsup:

We're starting at 5 again this morning, looking forward to the early quit and the end of this work week!  After the Power Company fixed that line I mentioned, they ended up covering about a 40' section of it with 1/2" thick 5'x10' steel plates. There was/is a tunnel directly beneath it and no option of going deeper.
   My oldest son turned 33 yesterday, we'll be celebrating his birthday with him tomorrow...weather looks pretty good for a barbecue.
  Well, time to get ready.....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9799 on: Sep 01, 2017, 04:57 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Eddie Happy Birthday to your Son :clap: Hope you all have a fun time celebrating tonight. Have a safe day with the grey stuff today Sir!

WW, nice picture  :clap: Hope all is well with you both, have an excellent Friday :thumbsup:

Hope you picked the perfect spot for your blind IW. It won't be long now :thumbsup:

Yesterday I spent some time digging into the Buick checking out the brake noise. I found a 3 corner pea rock wedged in where it didn't belong. What a nice feeling that it wasn't anything major. I also had to do some digging trying to locate a cable wire that runs under a stump I need to grind. I now think I will be able to grind the stump without hitting the darn thing, but that will be Sundays job.

We are heading to the shack in a couple of hours. I am going to set up my 21 foot ladder stand, clear trails, mow, and spend the next couple of days getting ready for bow hunting. The girls will be up tonight after spending the day on one of the area lakes.

Hope you all have an excellent wrap to the week.

Good luck if hitting the water :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9800 on: Sep 01, 2017, 05:38 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....that pic is at home ( a no hunting zone for MrWW  :woot:)    happy birthday wishes to your son  :clap:  enjoy the bbq

WS....glad the Buick problem was a minor one  :thumbsup:  enjoy your weekend at "the shack"  ;)2 hope the girls get into some fish

IFF.....the home projects are good-fill ins for non-fishing days  :roflmao: 

IW....hope you had fun in the woods yesterday  :)   

Sure feels like fall this morning 37*  :o  tonite is forecast to be about the same, maybe an early frost this year  ???  my garden is just taking off too after a slow start due to the rainy cool start we had  :%$#!: 

Have a good Friday & a relaxing long weekend for those that get Monday off. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9801 on: Sep 01, 2017, 06:24 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, WW, ER's,
                                It's 42* and clear here on my hill, I like this fall weather, it made me sleep in this morning!
                                WW.......I think you have the record this morning on the coldest temp, our garden is in the same condition
                        your is in. The sun is so much lower so it's not getting the warmth it needs to finish out! :%$#!:
                                Eddie.......Happy Birthday to your son, I hope you have a great BBQ tomorrow with the family! :flex:
                                Marv........I hope you and the girls have a good time at "The Shack" finding the right spot for you tree
                        stand, but I'm sure you know where's it's going?  :whistle:
                                This will be my last post here till Wednesday, I'm leaving for our hunting camp in Maine with three others
                        to put a new roof on the last section of our camp. A 545 mile ride, not looking forward to but it will be worth it.
                        I bought a fishing license along with my hunting license to do a little trout fishing there. Of course the gas prices
                        have to go up from the ripple effect from Harvey! :%$#!:
                                 I hope Everyone has a great weekend either working or out fishing or what ever you all do for Labor Day
                        celebrations!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9802 on: Sep 01, 2017, 06:37 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Looks like I need to plan my days better, didn't get much done, seems that way anyway.  Got on closet of shirts out to go to good-will.  Then turned lazy and most of the day disappeared  ::)

Eddie have a good Bar-b-que. easy on the cake, I hear there's glue in those cakes.  3 day weekends are nice but 7 days might be better, I'll get back to you on that one. ::)

Marv good to hear it stone didn't tear your breaks up and have to be replaced.

WW just hope the fill in projects don't get expensive.   :woot: 37* is only 5 from freezing, another one of those the leaves will get the idea of changing colors. Still mid 60's here over night.

have a safe trip Jeff, hope you get into the trout.

have a good day all

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9803 on: Sep 01, 2017, 07:23 AM »
IW....safe travels to Maine, enjoy your time there & good luck fishing  :thumbsup:  gas prices have jumped 20 cents here the past couple of days  :%$#!:  imagine it will get worse before it gets better  >:(

IFF.....7 day weekends beat 3 any time  :roflmao:  sometimes the fill ins need a MacGyver touch to keep $$ down  ;)2 :flex:   possible frost tonite according to the local weather guesser, a bit early for that I would think  :blink: :wacko:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9804 on: Sep 01, 2017, 06:06 PM »
WW, Not looking for here, most all the tomatoes are still green.  Might have to put the popup ice shelter over them this year if there is a threat of that kind of temp. ;D

Looks like I will launch early, then do some serious prep for yard/garage sale in afternoon. 
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9805 on: Sep 02, 2017, 03:52 AM »
Good morning everyone, i hope everyone has had a good weekend. Working a lot of hrs and haven't been online. 38° when i left my house this morning. Hopefully an early winter. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9806 on: Sep 02, 2017, 05:04 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 39* here this am, high of 68 expected today.

I-45...have a safe day out in the field today Sir, hope everything is going well for you and the family!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you and your group had safe travels to the hunting camp! Good luck with the roof and the fishing!  :thumbsup:   Thinking about it, I believe Maine is the only state on the whole Eastern seaboard I haven't been to or through yet.
  Marv...glad to hear the brake repair was just removing a stone that got wedged in there somehow, first time I've heard of that happening, crazy! Hope the ladies did well fishing! Have an enjoyable weekend Sir, hope to hear to some good replies from that tree stand location soon!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally..same thing here with the garden, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers did well, peppers and big boys not so good. Fishing today? So looking forward to a 7 day weekend...at least once!!   ;D :thumbsup:
  Bud..good luck this morning with the Walters and getting ready for your yard sale!   :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, will pass them on to my son!   :thumbsup:
   Had a delay on my tile job, materials won't be delivered now until Tuesday...wondering if enough salmon have trickled in up in Pulaski to make a drive...will be looking into that.
   Some rain in the forecast for tomorrow, so lawn work and weedwhacking on the agenda this morning, barbecue this afternoon.
   Cawfee's on...
 Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9807 on: Sep 02, 2017, 05:16 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......good luck this morning on the water  ;)  I've had tomatoes for the past 2 weeks  :thumbsup: lots of tomato sandwiches  :clap:  making some sauce today, still lots of green ones to ripen if temps don't get any lower this morning (35*)  :-\

IF45.....hope you get some time for some r&r this weekend  :)

Eddie...looks like a perfect day for a bbq today  :thumbsup:  enjoy the family time sir

WS.....hope all is good at "the shack"  ;D  bet walking around in the woods is getting the itch for deer season started  :woot:

MrC....hope you will have some down time this weekend also to relax @) 

Have a good day whatever you have going on. Stay safe.

Morning Eddie....I have heard rumors of some fish moving in up in Pulaski  ;)2 

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9808 on: Sep 02, 2017, 07:22 AM »
37* just  north of us. A warm 42* here at the lake. I had to turn on the furnace as it was 62* in the house. Guessed to be around 80 on Sunday and Monday, then 60's for a high the rest of the week. Maybe it will cool down the lake so the fish will start biting.

We made an early trip to get groceries yesterday to beat the crowds coming up for the week end. It was nice to see shelves fully stocked for a change. Shocked one of the workers to see us that early.

I managed to get most of the front deck stained yesterday after noon. I could not do around my butterfly weed as it is rebloomng and was full of yellow jackets and bees. There are a lot of seed pods similar to milk weed pods on it this year.

We have to get the launch ramp set up for the security guard that is coming at 10:00. I hope she brings some heavy clothes. I doubt that she will be very busy this morning with the temperature. The temperature will cut down on the jet skis.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9809 on: Sep 02, 2017, 06:36 PM »
Good Afternoon.  I should have known better, its still warm, high 80* next 10 days, and being a Holiday Weekend, I almost lost any resemblance of being a "Cool Dude"  Was a bit tiring with boat control, with the Power Pleasure crafts, water skiers, Wake boats taking advantage of the warm weather, and warm water temps 72*  My fishing partner could tell I was ready to chase down the two Jet Skies, one on each side running well over the 40MPH speed limit, ran close enough they both sprayed, water into my boat.   :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:  He could tell, I wanted to kill, and it wasn't fish I had in mind.  I broke out another rod, armed with a 6/0 snagging hook, at the ready if they returned.  I just might leave it rigged that way  :whistle:  Went by so fast we didn't have a chance to get registration numbers 

Only a couple undersized Eyes and 1 good sized crappie for the 8 hour effort.  Will wait to go on a week day now.

Tom, no need to mess with the bee's, them and I do not mix well at all especially Hornets.

45 hope you are right on the early/longer winter, Can you pass some of it my way ?  :unsure: ;D
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.