Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1616864 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9720 on: Aug 22, 2017, 03:51 PM »
MMMMMMMMM.........sure looks good   :thumbsup:  I'll bring the wine  :woot:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9721 on: Aug 22, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Raq At least you caught some edible fish. I will take them any day. All they want to plant in our lake are green striped carp.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9722 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06:20 PM »
Good evening everyone, Nothing better then garden vegetables. Yes the fun begins. My daughter is starting to cop a attitude. Went over to my mothers yesterday whom I haven't seen in over 20 yrs. Spent the day there talking. Have a lot of yard work to do there. Trying to figure out when to introduce my daughter to my mother. I hope everyone had a great day and stayed cool and hydrated. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9723 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06:59 PM »
IF45......you'll know when the time is right to make the introductions. Go with your gut  ;)  Hope the reconciliation works out well for all of you  :)      good luck with the teen years  :whistle: :blink: :wacko: :woot:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9724 on: Aug 23, 2017, 03:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

52 degrees heading to 72 with sun today. With the humidity removed it is feeling nice and cool. Yesterday morning everyone had a light sweatshirt on until mid morning, what a difference :clap:

Nice pictures Raq! The only thing better would be the real thing :thumbsup:

Not a lot to report this morning. Yesterday was all screwed up due to wet yards. Not sure what is going on today other than the boss told me to get some rest as it's going to be a big one  :woot: Being it is my Friday I'm not to worried.

Good luck to anyone hitting the water :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9725 on: Aug 23, 2017, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!!    ;D
  Breezy and 68* this am, high of only 73 expected here today!   :clap: 

I-45...wishing you nothing but the best with your reconciliation with your Mom, I think that's awesome! Agree with Wally, might add that being a grandparent myself, dont think that time couldn't come soon enough...best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  Dom...nice job on the catching and a fine looking meal...just want to take a nice sub roll and get to work in that skillet, dang!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud..archery season snuck up on you already, wow! Good luck with the scouting...hope we can read a reply in the near future of a harvest...good luck!   :thumbsup:  The leaves are starting to fall here on some trees as well, getting closer each day now to  :icefish:
  Tom...glad the girls were ok, how old were they?
  Wally...another banner day on the Walters, great job!!  :bow: :thumbsup:  We didn't get any rain here until about 7:30pm last evening, sure got hot humid throughout the day down in Albany though.
  Jeff...thanks for the link to your weather station, that's awesome, what a great gift!! :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv..hope your day went well in the jungle yesterday, have a safe one today Sir!  :thumbsup:  Hope I didn't overload your phone or computer with pictures from the site yesterday.... ;D

We'll be setting up for two more pours today, regular hours 6-2:30. Making good progress on the side job, should have that completly ready for tile by Friday.
  All these fishing reports and pictures are giving me the itch to wet a line...hope I can fit that in some time over the weekend.
  Well, time to prepare for another day...cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Marv, see you posted as I was pecking! Have a safe " Friday "....hope it's not a crazy day for you!  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9726 on: Aug 23, 2017, 04:22 AM »

Good morning Mar, Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 60* and cloudy here on my hill with a high in the mid 70's, on this Hump Day!
                              Marv.......It is a good thing that you can work 3 days a week, I think that's the way it should be for
                    everyone. :woot:
                              Eddie......I hope your pours go well, are they today or tomorrow? ???
                              I-45........Anytime is a good time to introduce your daughter to her grandmother, life is too short not
                    to know where you came from.
                              Bud........The countdown to the store closing is probably getting intense reactions from those still left
                    working. Any word of the finale outcome of the new building?
                             WW........Congrats on the banner day with the eyes, you two sure have them dialed in!
                             I'm like Eddie with all the reports of fish being caught, I've never had the time to do much open water
                    fishing when I was working so I still haven't done much of it since I retired but I think I'm going to start getting
                    into it.
                             I hope everyone has a God Wednesday, Hump Day, either at work or out catching eyes!

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9727 on: Aug 23, 2017, 06:11 AM »
Good Morning ER's 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9728 on: Aug 23, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Good Morning. Trip to NYC yesterday went well. All is fine. Reduced 1 med., added two for a month or so. We knew the new ones were being added, just been back and forth with the ins. company on the co-pay. The good thing is, we think the PICC line is coming out in a day or so and our next visit isn't until late Oct.
Way to go on the walleyes WW. Hoping to get out this week to see if I can get back on the fish.
Looks like some cooler weather is on the way.
Have a good day....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9729 on: Aug 23, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....great news on the NYC visit  :thumbsup: :clap:  hope you find the fish again, Oneida's bite slowed right down for us  :-\ hoping to get back on Delta maybe tomorrow  ;)
IW.....that's what retirement's all about, having the time to enjoy all of life's little pleasures put on hold while you have to work  ;)  how's your brother coming along with his rehab  ???
WS....hope your "Friday" is an easy one  @) maybe next year you'll go to two days a week huh  :roflmao:
Eddie....any word on the newlyweds plans for returning home  ???  hope their travel plans aren't adversely affected by security issues  :nono:  hope you find some time to hit the water this weekend, looks like it's a nice one shaping up  :clap: :clap:
MrC.....how goes the moving, all settled in and feeling like home yet  ???
IFF.....work's ending just in time for hunting season good deal  ;)2  hope you find that trophy buck  :flex:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9730 on: Aug 23, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Good afternoon ER's

Forgot to pick up my radio I had on my computer station, went over this morning to retrieve it and it was gone, found it in a cart that was being used to round up odds and ends

another drop in prices, guess the Pflueger President combos will not last long at $25 out the door  ::) :whistle:

Do I need one or two .....ah.....No.

WW ummm no not into trophy bucks....btdt.  Would rather just like to be out in the out doors, take in the fresh air, sights, and smells.  Although fresh elk steak on the grill wouldn't be all that bad either  ;D

Eddie Yeah I mentioned the leaves to a neighbor just a little ago and she tells me she was watching the weather channel and the were reporting the way our August has been going we are about a month ahead of schedule....what ever that means. :unsure: :unsure: more ice maybe  ::) :thumbsup:
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9731 on: Aug 23, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Good evening everyone, i hope everyone had a good hump day. Weather looks to be nice for the next few days. Hoping for a good weekend. Sunday starting the cleanup at my mothers house.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9732 on: Aug 23, 2017, 09:04 PM »
Good Job I-45 helping out your ma should be great connect

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9733 on: Aug 24, 2017, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  54* and partly cloudy skies this am, high of 70 expected here today!

OG...how are the sales deals going for you? Imagine the inventory must be close to gone by now in most of the stores?
  I-45...x2 on OG's reply...will your daughter be with you? Have a safe day... :thumbsup:
  Bud...if the mail wouldn't take a few days to reach you, I'd send a postal $ order for a few of those President combos...what size are the reels/poles?  Haven't had an elk steak in a long, long time...yum!
  Wally...the newlyweds are doing well, they are back in Barcelona and have an early flight back to the states tomorrow morning...looking forward to their arrival.  Good luck with the fishing today!   :thumbsup:
  H2...excellent news on the Dr.'s visit!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Good luck with the fishing, imagine the weekend's boat traffic should be slowing down soon as well.
  Jeff...your one neighbor who was building a cabin, did he ever finish it? Hope you get a chance to wet a line soon.. :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope your "Friday" went well yesterday...fishing today?

We're starting at 5 this morning and tomorrow as well...nice early quitting time, no complaints. Rumor has it we might be getting back on a large area of terrazzo inside in the near future...talking about 4 (10hr) days with Friday's off..only drawback being its an 11pm-7am shift....we all know about rumors, will keep you posted.
   Well, time to get ready...concrete arriving at 6....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9734 on: Aug 24, 2017, 03:26 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's also 54* here on my hill the forecast for the next week very nice, no rain in sight! :thumbsup:
                           Eddie.....4 10 hr. days are great except for the hours 11pm to 7am, I worked a lot of those and it's a hard
                   schedule to get use to. I hope it's only a rumor. :whistle: That neighbor hasn't made much progress on his cabin,
                   he has 3 courses up and is still cutting trees for it. He also has a problem of $$$ and also keeping focused on his
                   project! :cookoo:
                           Marv......Now that this is the start of your weekend, what's on your agenda, I hope it has fishing in the mix! :flex:
                           I-45.......I hope you reconnection with your mother goes well, I think you should take you daughter with you
                   to help with the house cleanup. :thumbsup:
                           h2l....... Good news from a doctors visit is always a welcome report to get! :clap:
                           Not much going on here since I finished my woodshed, my wife is visiting her mother in Vt.. Yesterday I watched
                  MW's kids, ran some errands and cut down a tree along my driveway. Today will be a puttering day.
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play. Oh I see that there was 1 winner of the big
                  Powerball, it was in Massachusetts.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9735 on: Aug 24, 2017, 04:44 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  looks like its going to be a nice day. Less humid. My daughter is coming with us to meet her grandmother this weekend. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9736 on: Aug 24, 2017, 05:26 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW, 45! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

The 4 day work week part sure sounds good Eddie, but the hours sure don't. Years ago right out of high school I worked at a potato chip factory. Our hours were 10pm - 6am. I never did get used to it :cookoo:

IW Have you ever looked at kayaks for fishing? The girls sure love them mostly because of how light they are and how well they get anywhere. I ran across a very unexpected deal which if it goes through I will talk more about later.Enjoy your day of puttering :thumbsup:

45 as others have said, congratulations on the reconnect. I am especially excited for your Daughter :clap:

Bud good luck if you get out scouting. I always wanted to head west for a crack at an elk but it just never worked out. Between costs (if guided) and work, the fall is a hard time to break loose. If you take any pictures of the area I hope you post them :thumbsup:

WW good luck if you make it back out in the boat :clap: Do you have a garden? Enj :thumbsup:oy your day

Well, today isn't a fishing day either. I have a Dentist appointment at 8 which is just a cleaning. Then at 9am I have to stop into the eye Dr. and get some replacement lenses for my glasses. I have glass safety glasses for work and frankly wear them all the time. I have polycarbonate lenses in my so called good glasses (girls hate the safety ones) and if you breath on them they scratch. I had them in a hard case in my lunch bucket and in one day jiggling around the lenses were destroyed. What a bunch of junk compared to glass pluse I can't see out of them nearly as well :%$#!:

Tomorrow I have 5 trees to start hammering on for the sister in law. She has some dead oaks that need cutting and has been very patient waiting on me.

Today is also the start of the Minnesota State Fair. Excellent place to go if you want to see a good collection of crazy people!  :cookoo:

Good luck to all those hitting the water :thumbsup: North of me, close to where I cut wood last week it is 36 degrees this morning..... :icefish: It is coming!

WS

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9737 on: Aug 24, 2017, 06:58 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Eddie they are the 6 1/2 foot IM-8 rods with 6935 reels on them.  Might stop in this morning at opening time just what the carnage looks like to size up whats left.  No idea what shipping cost would be like. 

As far as open water goes, I use a total of 4 rods, two for casting, 2 for trolling and haven't touched a couple that are set up for slip bobber's in years.  Then there's 3 fly rods also collecting dust, along with think I counted 24 other spinning/bait cast rods.

Just looked at 10 day guessers forecasts of low to mid 80's for highs still.

;D Marv maybe that's why I don't go to fairs anymore.  Working in a retail store is bad enough at times  :whistle:

Fresh pot is on, maybe that will clear away some cob webs on what I will attempt to tackle this morning.

good day all
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9738 on: Aug 24, 2017, 07:53 AM »
Cool out this morning. 47* Not complaining. There was a chance for frost in the western UP. I can remember frost in late August in the northern lower when I was a kid.

I have to do a brake job on one of the cars today. Not looking forward to that. I had to use a breaker bar with a cheater to get the lug nuts loosened up yesterday. The Milwaukee electric impact wrench I borrowed would not do it.  My son twisted his big x wrench breaking his loose.

I have not even thought of going fishing as the algae in the lake is so bad I do not think a fish could find a bait. Plus with the lake level being so low I think my toon is sitting on the bottom at the dock. I need to go down and shovel out some trenches to get it to float.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9739 on: Aug 24, 2017, 09:02 PM »
Got to the store 8 minutes after it opened.  Shocked to see all the Presidents gone.  Noted that there were 142 Lews Combo's, returned at 2:30 to shop for some shirts for him and their were less than 30 Lew's combo's.  Just got a call from a shopper saying most all fishing items are gone, with only a limited about of clothing left, in sizes like 3XL and Small.

Looks like Saturday will be a boring day with dispatching empty display racks, and sweeping the floor. :-\

On another note, we had snow reported on the Mountain today  ;D  Then they mention What Huston is bracing for rain measured not by inches but in Feet  :woot:  Not my cup of tea.  Made plans to take my boat out Tuesday, will be joined by a former employee.  He wants to take up fishing.  Will show him a few tricks or too  ;D ;)  He has a few weeks off right now.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9740 on: Aug 25, 2017, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 54* this am, high of 69 they say today... :clap: :thumbsup:  Running behind this morn, so just wanted to get a quick reply in to say welcome to the weekend and hope you all heve a wonderful day!
  Will catch up to you all this afternoon....cawfee's on!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9741 on: Aug 25, 2017, 03:29 AM »
Good Morning everyone, coffee is on, diesel is running, hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9742 on: Aug 25, 2017, 04:57 AM »

Good morning Eddie, I-45, ER's,
                      It's 52* here on my hill and clear skies, yesterday it only got to 65* here, fall is definitely in the air! :woot:
                      Eddie......Have a good day at the capital, how is the floor on the side job going? ???
                      I-45........I bet tomorrow will be a happy reunion and an even better greeting between your mom and your
             daughter. :thumbsup:
                     Bud.......The store must almost be a pretty dismal sight with the bare shelves! :(
                     Marv.......Be safe doing Jennies oak trees, there could be some unsafe branches ready to fall at any time. :flex:
                     Tom......I hope your water level raises so you can get your pontoon boat out when the time comes! ::)
                     It's a crazy world out there, with all these statues some people want to be removed at  West Point there is
            a barracks named after Robert E. Lee and they want the name change and at the same time there is a new barracks
            being dedicated and named after the first Afro American General? ???
                     I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9743 on: Aug 25, 2017, 05:10 AM »
Good Morning Eddie. 45! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Low 60's here this morning with a high of 67 and rain later.

Hope your brake job went off without any problems Tom. Hope you were able to escape taking to a shop with their fees :woot:

Hope your day zips by Eddie! Have a good one Sir! I have some instant coffee and a few molasses cookies I will put out ;D

IW how is  the baching going? Hope you are getting enough to eat, and keeping the lights on :thumbsup:

Bud, hope the fishing day holds for Tuesday, pretty nice if you can spur some first time experiences for the former employee :thumbsup:

WW good luck to you and Mr WW if hitting the lake. Hope you have been marking a bunch of spots for this winter, you will be able to hammer them from the get go :icefish:

Nothing exciting here today, just whacking trees for the sil.I told her I hope she makes me some BBQ chicken like here sister makes :whistle: I was told she doesn't grill ( like I didn't know), I may have to bring my tattered lunch bag with ???

Hope you all have an excellent Friday!

Best of luck if hitting the lakes, stay safe!

Good Morning IW! :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9744 on: Aug 25, 2017, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning ER's calm and cool here. Bud the GM here has very little meat left on the bone. I'm guessing you ate well at your store. 45 wishing you and your daughter the best. My daughter and I are going to do a little camping this weekend. Hiking on the agenda. I hope I don't slow her down to much but I no I'll need rest and rest again. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Mason your stuff is very near now.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9745 on: Aug 25, 2017, 05:39 AM »
Good Morning All

OG well I did "Eat" a trail cam, I missed out on the other store closing, and a Lead Pot for casting Jig/sinkers.  ;D

The place looks like it would be a nice place to open an Outfitters store.  All the display tables/racks are on casters and have been slowly pushed closer to the entrance.  All the grass gun displays are now gone, right down to all the long gun holders on the walls behind where the glass cabinets were.  So now 4/5ths of the total space is empty.  Wonder if I can attach pictures to PM's  ??? chute that didn't work either. 

Will need to work on a budget plan, So far I calculate their will only be about $200 a month after current expenses for food, gas, and any unexpected expenses. :wacko: :unsure: :pinch:
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9746 on: Aug 25, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......hope you can figure a budget that allows you to have plenty of time for the fun stuff like hunting & fishing  ;)2
IF45....bet your Mom & daughter are excited to meet each other  :woot:  hope the clean up goes smoothly
WS....hope the tree cutting job at the s-i-l's goes well today  :flex: with or without bbq chicken   :roflmao: 
IW....agree the whole name changing/statue removing trend is getting  :cookoo: especially the ESPN announcer getting his place switched because of his name  :wacko:
Eddie....bet you're happy your son & d-i-l will be back on good old USA soil soon  :thumbsup: :clap:  wishing them safe travels

Hit the lake again yesterday.....4 legal eyes 16" - 19" , 4 shorts, some nice crappies, all around the 12" mark. Much slower than Monday's trip, but still a decent day  ;D  Lawns and garden to tend to today  @)

Have a good day & great weekend. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9747 on: Aug 25, 2017, 06:58 AM »
Cool again today. No reports on the possible frost in the tip of the mitt and the Yoop last night. This cooler weather has made I-S a lot bussier as there are a lot of active threads when I searched new posts this morning.

I managed to get one side of the brakes done yesterday. I am sure getting slow doing anything theses days. Should get the other side done today after we meet some of the bosses kin for a late breakfast.

Might really get some things done next week as there are no DR's appointments on the calendar. All there is three days of water therapy for the wife. She only has to go 3 miles for that. The couple that own it are naturalized immigrants from India. They are well respected for how they do their job.

This whole wanting to change or actually eliminate history is ridiculous. How much is it going to cost to print new school books. They will probably send the old ones to an electrical co-generation plant to burn them no one can see what real history was.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9748 on: Aug 25, 2017, 09:31 AM »
 Tom that's is what libraries are for. with these computers files seem to get lost  ::)  Yeah I find myself doing things a lot slower too.  That way its done right, no cutting corners as they say.  Was just working on a customers reel.  Complaint was no drag on his brand new bait cast reel :unsure: so before breaking it all down, I see he had it spooled with braid line.  And sure enough I spooled the line off and low and behold, a slip knot, and no mono backing so it amounted to as recommended put 20 turns of mono on, double uni knot to the brad and works just fine.  ;D the spool is one that does not have holes in it to tie line too !
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9749 on: Aug 25, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Good evening everyone sorry to be MIA for a few days see you all are busy as ever with your respective life's . I'm still bouncing between locations have to get in contact with company that provides my phone,TV and Internet service so I will have those things at the condo. My eclipse experience was similar to others here in NY. did get to view some TV footage from around the country. Part of me feels like we are back in the 1960's with all the different protests and trying to smooth over our history because some folks find it offensive.
Icefisher-45 may all go well as your daughter and you move forward with the renewed relationship with your mom.
IFF sure you will figure something out to make things to make things work financially .
Wallyworld/Raquettedacker congratulations on the successful fishing trips.
Hunts2long happy to read more good news about the wife's recovery.
Whopper Stopper hope everything went fine at SIL's and you got your chicken. I was thinking the buck in pictures for trip to Oliver's is a fine looking deer depending on Ollie's feelings maybe worth pursuing this fall.
Eddie hope you can stay on your current work schedule switching back and forth takes a tool on you. I did grave yard shift last week my body does not know when to sleep.
Mr.Turkey may you get some open water fishing in before the Summer ends.
Ice Wanderer did not hear about things at West Point, the probably will also change name of one entrance gate currently named for Robert E. Lee .May your wife have a safe trip to and from Vermont.
Old Goat have a great camping trip with your daughter.

Have a pleasant night folks. I will try and post more often this coming week.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.