Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614914 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8790 on: May 19, 2017, 07:43 AM »
Good Morning ER's   Interesting catching up on what all has been posted in the last 12-24 hours.  Yeah at least it makes the bank account look better, working a 40 hr. week.  Sure puts most everything else on back burner,  This last system dumped as much as 41" in some places.  Water content in the 5" range.  Suppose next will be some flooding.  :cookoo:

Good Morning Old Sailor,  See you replaced coffee Joe out in the hallway.  I will be back in the store Saturday but will have to shorten up the shift or I will be over the 40 mark.  Maybe take a long lunch hour  ::)

Got an unannounced truck in late yesterday, with a couple Honda generators, one didn't even make it to the display area and was grabbed by a customer.  So far the mark downs are not very progressive.  Might be because of the high $$$, still rolling in at discounts only being in the 10-30% range.  I didn't see the several pallets I was told have nothing but trilene 8# line, but I did see the seemed like never ending pallets of tackle trays  ::) as they say now we have stuff coming out our A's  Oh yeah and a pallet of Jiffy Propane augers. I over heard one saying another truck or two will be in Saturday.  ::)

All the plants look like they will be OK  :thumbsup: :clap:

WW's always nice to have some catching mixed in with the fishing  ;D

Well heres to everyone having a good week end  :flex:
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8791 on: May 19, 2017, 06:09 PM »
Todays trip down to NYC was a quick one. We were in and out of the hospital in 50 minutes. Parking was ONLY 19 dollars...lol. This was just a F/U after the gall bladder operation.

The traffic on the thruway was pretty heavy coming back. All the nuts were out there getting ready for summer.

Going to fish on Sunday. The weather doesn't look too bad. Have our bowling dinner Sat night. Get to pick up our 1st place trophy. It will go to the Gloversville Moose Lodge....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8792 on: May 19, 2017, 08:19 PM »
I came back early from this three day hunting trip. After two days of mid 80's it was 39* this morning. I did not feel like freezing this morning after roasting the last two. I just could not seal the deal. I think that a road hunter shot from his car yesterday after I walked a long ways to get ahead of a couple long beards. I think that this is my last season as it has gotten to be more like work than fun since I can not run and gun like I used to.

I went to have coffee where my niece works before she opened the convenience store she works at. The first thing she showed me was a picture she was sent by one of our natives that had moved to Colorado where his wife came from. 7 inches of white stuff on the ground and still snowing. He is some where at 8,000 feet.

Coming home I kept meeting fire trucks with out there lights on. Must have meet a half dozen. When  I approached one town I noticed a bunch of cars parked on the road side. The Eagles Club had burned to the ground. It was a huge building. The had gotten help from fire departments at least 25 miles away.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8793 on: May 20, 2017, 03:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  48* and just a slight breeze this am, high of 67 expected here today. Experienced some Internet problems again the last few days, things seem to be running fine this morn...crossing fingers! 
  Tom...that's too bad about your hunt, was hoping you'd score a nice bird. Hope you get another chance before the season closes!   :thumbsup:   How unfortunate about the Eagles Club burning down, were you a member of that one?
  H2...glad you had a safe round trip to the City, hope your wife is steadily coming along now with her recovery. Enjoy your 1st place dinner this evening, good luck with the fishing tomorrow!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...I was catching up here the other morning on my " not so smart phone " and saw it was snowing there and 33*...it was 73* down at the job site at that time, went up to 94* not long after. How did your wife's plants fair after that? Some real crazy weather this year... :cookoo:
  MW...congrats on the win and working with the team, awesome, continued success!!  :clap:  Hope that bear hasn't been back, but I know they're persistent and bold. Might want to contact DEC and see about a nuisance permit?
  Jeff...hope you have a great time at your 50th Reunion!!  Looking forward to your next reply... :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Marv...might get the boat out tomorrow morning, today is a pretty full schedule of things going on. Hope your trip to the jungle went well yesterday, you can't seem to catch a break with the crappy weather there either.
  Wally...enjoy the bike rides this weekend!
  Steve...I think our whole crew had a problem adjusting to the weather a few days this week! Glad you caught up with your Spring cleaning, hope all is well... :thumbsup:

We've been starting at 5am most of this past week and will continue until at least this Tuesday coming. Must say, it's been great getting the early starts and quits with the way the weather has been here. Had a chance yesterday to talk with one of the higher ups with the State monitoring our progress on the marble. Out of curiosity, I asked him if he knew how many pieces of marble it took to originally complete the project...answer: 28,000! An endless maintenance restoration project. Next season they plan on removing/replacing 1500 pieces instead of the normal 1,000 each season.
  Taking the Mrs. to get all her flowers this morning and some plants for my garden, crossing fingers the last of the frost is history, but after reading what Bud went through, not really certain at this point!   ;D
  Grandchildren are supposed to spend most of the day with us today, so we'll have some company. I have a bunch of sunflower seeds ready for them to plant and I'm sure they'll enjoy rides on the tractor with me cutting the lawn...a trip to McDonalds for their efforts! 
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8794 on: May 20, 2017, 04:27 AM »
Good Morning ER's found a gem yesterday seen the gander sign at 40% off the car swerves left across 2 lanes and I make the parking lot. I walk in and all ice fishing stuff supposed to be 40% off I'm not seeing any great deals so I keep looking and I see a otter canvas with a couple mice holes so I ask for a price 29.00 is real but it came with everything. A New Otter XT Cottage for 31.66 total. The seat will need to be re done but thankgod the mice started on opposite ends the logo is still intact. The canvas needs a hole around the size of a quarter patched on one side of window the other side of window really doesn't even need patching. Went through all last night looks like all parts are there. The sled does have a half dollar size hole in one corner I'll work over or around that. Have a good day on the water or wherever.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8795 on: May 20, 2017, 04:44 AM »
Mornin' OG,
  I've said it before, you've got a great nose for sniffing out deals....that's freakin awesome!! Congratulations on your new Otter, wow!!    :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8796 on: May 20, 2017, 05:08 AM »
mason I sent a pm to a ice shanty member who replaced his bench seat in his hoping maybe to score the material

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8797 on: May 20, 2017, 05:49 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, OG! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good for you on the score OG :clap: Talk about a walk off home run!

MW  :clap: to you and the team. You have patience Sir! :bow:

I was wondering if you were having problems Eddie. I have been noticing that even though I send something, often the recipient doesn't get it for an hour to a day later :cookoo: Glad I am not dependent on the internet like some are with their jobs. Some day they may find out if you want to talk with people a telephone is the way to go   :woot:

More depression and rain here. We keep hearing that another day and it will move out ??? So maybe tomorrow will be nice ;D

Good luck to all fishing! Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8798 on: May 20, 2017, 06:56 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Eddie, plants look ok, I was most worried about the tomato plants.  Still 29* out.  See the Platte river is only 1 foot away from flood stage down stream.  Looking like a slow warm up over the next 10 days with 5 of them with more liquid sunshine. ::)

Mrs spotted another rat darting across the deck to the bird feeder.  will need to put out some more poison. They seem to avoid any of the big traps  ::)

Not much to add, just another work day.

Yeah Marv, looks like more rain is heading your way.  Garage project today ?

Good to hear Coffee Joe is healing the wounds

good day all
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8799 on: May 20, 2017, 07:51 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....glad to hear the plants survived  :clap: always a gamble trying to figure out when it's safe to plant  :-\
WS....the rain does get depressing after so many days of it  :(  here's hoping "Sun"day turns out to be a sun day for you  ;D
Eddie....had to be a tough couple days working outside with the sudden heat wave, no time to get acclimated  :cookoo: have fun picking out plants  @) think I'm going to wait another week to put the garden in....nights are still getting down in the upper 30s  ;)
TT....sorry you haven't been able to get a bird yet this season  :'( 

Managed to get caught up on work around the house yesterday so today can be a play day....sunshine & 70* says bike ride is on the agenda  ;D think we'll be heading to the far east end of Ontario to check out the launches....pretty sure most everything is flooded  >:(  missing out on the post spawn walleyes that are in the shallows  :(

Have a good day at work or play. Hope the weather clears up for everyone caught in the snowy/rainy system. Stay safe.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8800 on: May 20, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Hello all, Not much to report around here. I did get my new raised bed garden done before all the rain has moved in. I normally never plant anything before Memorial day. Due to chance of frost. But the weather guessers foresee no frost coming this way. So i figured why not.  Work has been okay around here. Finished up my last gig on the books yesterday. Phone better start ringing soon. Family is all good. Ava the spoiled rotten Rottweiler is awaiting her next round of classes. She is fun to train. She just loves it. I have had many dogs over the years and they all hold a special place in my heart. But i really don't think i have ever had one. That is so willing to please and be loved. One of the baby rabbits jumped out of its grow out cage the other day, as i was feeding and watering. Ava grabbed it and handed it to me. Not a mark or hole in it. She was so fast i thought it was going to be a loss. Funny when i let her out she goes and greets each rabbit in the morning. They must all be good buddy's now. Anyhow was just checking in. All the best to everyone. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8801 on: May 20, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Thanks Charlie,  I will wait a few more days before setting tomato plants out.
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8802 on: May 20, 2017, 09:16 PM »
Evening, All

Wed., Thurs., & Fri. saw summerlike hot, humid days here, glad I'm working inside on the tile job, only thing is tile cuts are done in the garage, in the open weather, yuck, job
     is going good, customer is happy, should be done by this coming Thurs., grout & all

The kids in San Diego got hitched Wed., the only way I would have been able to attend is if I drove out, no flying till I see the urologist end of July for a checkup & to see
     why 1 bladder problem has come back, more of an annoyance than anything, they are planning to come out beginning of Aug., All the ohhh's & ahhh's then, talk was for
     a small ceremony here for the people not able to be there

#1 Stepdaughter ( Melisa ) - Now the arm where the surgery for the dialysis treatments has developed a different problem, the cut areas on the upper arm have opened, oozing
     & draining, no infection detected yet, back to Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick so they can check it, this Tues. scheduled to have all grafts and whatever REMOVED,
     close it up and let it heal completely before anything is even discussed, she has been such a trooper thru all of this, there should be a special place for her somewhere in
     the future

When I got done with the painting job, 2 more came in, people willing to wait, at present, I just might get a chance to do some fishing after the 4th of July maybe, & the
     'summer people' are just now starting to show up to open the shore houses - With the weather predicted to be wet and cool for this summer, the weekends look like they
     will be 'mad houses', I can't wait I'm so ready for it-yeah, right  -  Good thing I like to have 2 rides, the diesel pickup is in the shop for a trans. rebuild, with the 4x4 &
     towing, the rebuild will be close to $3,500 bucks, but that truck is the one used to tow my dump trailer and the large box trailer, so it is a small price compared to the
     price of an accident

When I was catching up on the 'goings on' here, everyone seems to be in good health, good to hear - Bears trying to 'play' with the chickens, poor fishing, miserable weather
    in some places-it just doesn't get much better than this, does it?

Stay Cool - Keep Hydrated - Be Safe - Have Fun - Records & Limits - Happy Birthday - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8803 on: May 21, 2017, 04:18 AM »
Good Sunday Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 41* this am on the Hill, calling for a high of 67 here today...wish it never got any hotter than that!
  Capt...always nice to hear what's going on down on the Jersey Shore! Congratulations to newlyweds!!   :clap: sounds like things are going well for you work wise, to bad about the truck though. Best wishes to Melisa, hope they can get everything under control for her...she's had a rough go...will keep her in thoughts and prayers. We'll keep the lights on here for you... ;D
  UFC...one thing nice about catching up on the jobs is some time to yourself right..enjoy it while you can! Hope the phone starts ringing soon. Ava sounds likes she's doing real well, one of those special ones....awesome!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you and Mr.WW had a nice safe ride yesterday! Good luck today fishing if you found a new launch!
  Bud...glad to hear the Mrs. plants were spared, good deal! How are the sales going at Gander...any major discounts yet?
  Marv...hoping you get some nicer weather out your way today, everything must be at its limits with all the rain you've had. Looks like we have some coming in tomorrow and Wednesday.

Caught up on all the mowing yesterday, just some weed whacking to take care of today. Amazing how fast everything is growing, the lilac bushes are coming into bloom big time around here now.
  The Mrs. had a slight change in our plans yesterday getting her flowers, so that's on the agenda this am. House warming party today at 3...might have a small window of opportunity open to wet a line in between at a local trout stream.
  Well, cawfee's on...appears to be some blueberry muffins under the dome, help yourself!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8804 on: May 21, 2017, 04:30 AM »
Morning Eddie, 40% on all Ice Gear.  had one Eskimo 33 auger I see priced out at $172.  Sold one LX7 at the 40% off think the original price was $729 ?  I took a Wright & McGill Plunge 5-6 weight fly rod in I figured I would maybe never use.  And sold it to a cash customer for $100.  The fly rods are at 25% off, and started to get picked over.  See the last Honda generator went out the door, at the $400 off.

Starting to see the return of the low life shoppers, found someone had helped themselves to a spool on a display reel, someone found a lake map package that was spider wrapped with the alarm had been cut into and chip removed. 

And for those items that come up with price labels that are way off like an item that should be $39.99 and instead has a $3.99 on it.  My self I would tell the customer not going to sell it at $3.99, you can scream all you want about suing for miss marked, the company is out of business.  and by the time you could get it into court.  there would be no one to point the finger at for signing error  :o

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8805 on: May 21, 2017, 05:03 AM »
Good Sunday morning early risers. Wednesday and Thursday Summer Like heat was to much to soon for my body ,heat combined with something I ate kept me in the bed or bathroom most of Friday. Still not feeling at 100 percent.  More sad news from neighboring city of Newburgh early Friday morning gunshots were heard and a 19 year old man found dead in his car a couple blocks from high school.
Ice Wanderer hope you are having a great time at the reunion. May you have a safe trip home .
Mealworm sounds like you are having fun with the Little League coaching . I know they sell portable electric fences for campers to use in areas with high bear activity. You might find one of these useful if the bear becomes a problem.
IFF glad you did not loose all of the flowers and plants.
Wallyworld have an enjoyable bike trip exploring fishing spots at Lake Ontario.
Eddie that is a lot of marble blocks thankfully weather guessers are calling for seasonal temperatures the next few days. Have fun with the gardening.
Mr.Turkey sorry you did not score a turkey this season. Sounds like the Eagles club will have to be rebuilt.
Old Goat congrats on a great score, enjoy the new Otter shelter. Just the canvas would have been a good deal at that price.
Whopper Stopper may you see the sun and things dry out this week.
UFCreel may your garden have a good yield this year. Think you are going to have a great dog when Ava completes all of her training glad the escaped rabbit is alright.
Capt.Jim  Congratulations to the newlyweds . May your stepdaughter get issues with her arm resolved.
Hunts2long good to hear your wife is doing well parking in Manhattan does get expensive. All the best if you go fishing this week.
Morning IFF,Eddie see you gentlemen posted while I typed.

Have a safe and good day folks. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8806 on: May 21, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Nice to see everyone on the go and making the most they can with the crazy weather :clap: I cringe thinking about what's going to happen here once the rain stops, the heat moves in, and God forbid a storm hits :woot: It could be down right ugly and it's too soon to think about ice fishing ???

I am anticipating work tomorrow, although the bucket truck was down with a blown oil line Friday. I hope they were able to get it fixed so it is ready to go.

Not a lot on the planner again today. I have a yard to mow if the grass gets a chance to dry out. It looks like we are in a window currently, but rain this afternoon is in the offering.

Good luck if hitting the lakes! Keep safe !

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8807 on: May 21, 2017, 08:46 AM »
I started to post around an hour ago when I noticed that it was getting dark out side from an approaching storm. Checked the radar and it was a bunch of red but not a large storm. It was large enough to knock the power out for a few minutes but kept the internet down for quite a while.

Not getting turkey is no big deal. I still have until the 31st to get one if I want to. It all depends on how my body feels on whether I go back over to hunt.

Yesterday we went to a special invitation only event at a new Culvers Restaurant. I had made friends on the internet with a fellow turkey hunter that works on the road for Culvers. I had not seen him in a few years so it was great to see him again. The event was a way to train all the new employees with out the huge rush of a regular opening day. It was neat to watch my friend help the newbies at restaurant work on how they need to do things. We had a great visit.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8808 on: May 22, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Morning Everyone,
  Light rain and 50* this am, high of 58 today with off and on showers expected.
  Tom...best of luck if you do decide to take another crack at the gobblers!
  Marv...hope you have a safe day in the jungle today Sir! With a little luck, maybe the weather will be a little more cooperative this week.
  Steve...hope you're feeling better today!
  Bud...amazing how bold the thieves can get when they want something...no limits I guess.
  Jeff...hope you had a great time at the reunion and safe travels!

Running a tad behind this morning, 5am start, so just a quick hello to everyone! Will catch up to you all this afternoon!
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8809 on: May 22, 2017, 04:14 AM »
Good morning Eddie and early risers. There were 140 guests and only me logged in around 4:35 AM .
Eddie hope the showers hold off so the crew and you can get more marble blocks in place. Thank you for asking I'm doing better the conditions at work most weekends do not help my digestive track problems.
Whopper Stopper also hope weather allows you to work today, may your boss have the lift truck repaired. Nice post about phones in the Ice Shantys community that message could be on many folks voice mail now that we are in the age of text messaging.
Mr.Turkey nice of your turkey hunting friend to invite you to the new restaurant training dinner.
IFF agree with Eddie about the boldness and tricks some thieves use to get the items they are attempting to steel.
Ice Wanderer hope you had a safe trip home and a good time at the reunion.
Mealworm has the bear made any return visits searching for a chicken dinner.

Have a safe and good day everyone. Best to all fishing and Spring hunting.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8810 on: May 22, 2017, 04:56 AM »
Good Morning ER's Marv, coffee pot empty ?  Jungle going to be dry or wet today ?  I need to get in high gear if I am going to get my errands and some outside work done to day, might have to set an alarm though.

Yeah 138 guests and 3 users at 4:00 Guess Marv is already knocking the dew off the buick windshield or trying out a primitive weed eater  ;D
Bud

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8811 on: May 22, 2017, 05:53 AM »
Happy Monday morning ER's!! Little bithe of a damp day here today. Have a couple of mulch jobs to do this morning then have to do rear brakes on our pick up truck, the brakes should go pretty quick as Toyota tundras have a great set up 2 bolts and a few pins. The bear has not been back since IW scared him off....not letting our guard down just yet though.saw someone recommend electric fence not a bad idea I am going to pick 1 up today just incase the bear does make a return when no one is around. We had a great practice with the little leaguers sat should be ready for our game tonite, if we don't get rained out. Anyway hope everyone  has a  great and a safe Monday

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8812 on: May 22, 2017, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

MW....good luck at tonite's game  :flex: :thumbsup:
IW.....hope you had an enjoyable weekend  :clap:
WS....hope you're drying out & the sun is shining on you  :woot:
MrC....glad to hear you're feeling better  :)
IFF...nothing lower than a thief  :%$#!:
Eddie.....hope you're able to get your day in before the rain starts again  ;)
UFC....Ava sounds like a very special dog indeed  :)
TT.....that dinner sounds like it was a good time  ;D
H2L....good to hear the wife is doing well  :thumbsup:

Not much going on here today, some errands to run. Heading to camp tonite & then hitting Ontario in the morning  @)  hoping the fish are feeling more like playing than last week  :roflmao:

Have a good Monday at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8813 on: May 22, 2017, 06:23 AM »
Morning everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend. Looks like it's going to be a rainy day. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8814 on: May 22, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Looks like it rained overnight. May get some more today. I went fishing yesterday but not catching. Starting to see some fish but they didn't want to bite. I froze my butt off the first couple of hours. My cousin was out on Sat and he and a friend got 20 SMB. All in close to shore where they should stay all year. There won't be any Sundays to fish now until Sept. weekends I stay off the lake. Everyone's getting there docks in and this weekend it will all begin. There were Jet-Ski races yesterday at the Pub. I am sure the fish were not there...Have a good Monday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8815 on: May 23, 2017, 02:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 52* this am, high of 70 predicted here today. We managed to squeak out a few hours at the job yesterday morning, but eventually were shut down early due to weather.
  H2...good luck today if heading out, should be a nice day weather wise. A co-worker has a camp up on the Sacandaga, mentioned the jet ski races and said it was a real busy weekend up there.
  I-45...hope your arm is coming along better!
  Wally...good luck to you and Mr.WW today, hope you find the Walters eager to bite today!
  MW...hope you got your jobs finished without getting too wet yesterday. How did the team do last night?
  Steve...we got a few hours in getting ready for another concrete pour this am. Off and on rain made for a miserable morning for some...they sent us home and then the weather pretty much cleared up... ;D
  Marv...hope you had a safe day in the jungle yesterday, today also Sir!

Thoughts and prayers going out to all the innocent victims in that Manchester bombing yesterday, horrible stuff!
  Another 5am start again this am, a few things to button up before comcrete coming at 6. Nicer weather today will be a plus, hoping the moral is a little better today, early quitting time a bonus!
  Guess its time to take care of the 3(S's) and see what the day brings....cawfee's on!   ;D
Iceshanty Users Online
    137 Guests, 2 Users
masoneddie, LipRipper315

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8816 on: May 23, 2017, 03:10 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck on the job this morning Eddie! Hope you have a safe and productive day Sir! :thumbsup:

WW Good luck to you and Mr. WW fishing today! Hope you are able to drag in a few "Big Gals" :clap:

Glad you had a good time at the reunion IW :thumbsup: Nice to have you back!

I second Eddie's thoughts and comments on the Manchester bombing yesterday. Just plain sickening :cookoo:

Finally the lawns are firm enough to start picking off a few jobs. It appears things should be mostly dry with just a few scattered pockets of wet to deal with. We have a large oak to take down and it sounds like an all day job. I am actually excited about hammering on it after a week plus sitting in the house going nuts.

Yesterday I was able to do a side job a couple miles from home. When I got back I was surprised to find my neighbor lady waiting on my front step with an apple pie ;D Before she handed it over she reminded me she needs some more wood chips. Good trade!

It’s time to fire up the Buick and point it south. Best of luck if you are hitting the lake, no matter what’s on the agenda…..Keep safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8817 on: May 23, 2017, 04:35 AM »
                      Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                              49* here on my hill I think it's cloudy, sun is suppose to poke through later!
                              Eddie......I'm surprised you got any work in at all yesterday!
                              Marv.......Good luck in the jungle today!
                              WW........Good luck out on the lake today!
                              Steve......I was thinking when driving through New Windsor how close I was to you!
                              Well my weekend was really great at my 50th reunion, my wife enjoyed herself most of the time, she
                      a trooper for going. I know it was boring for her at times! It was good seeing classmates and friends after all
                      these years. One thing about a military school, you can be in the same grade with someone and in a different
                      company and not know him that well, that was something my wife couldn't understand. When I went to the
                      school, there were 500 students, 89 in my class, I talked to a fellow classmate that I didn't remember and he
                      didn't remember me. It was a great institution and has gone through some rough times mainly due to declining
                      enrollment. It closed for a short time but was taken over by an investor that saw what a great tradition it was.
                      There are only 55 students there now but doubling next year.
                              Here are some pictures from the weekend!

Me and my roommate from my junior year Friday night at a restaurant in town!

Entering the campus on Saturday morning

Looking along the Academic Building to the main barracks

In front of the Academic Building signing in with some classmates

These are all the class of 1967 that came to the reunion, there were other alumni there. It is Alumni weekend but
                       our class was the main source of the weekend!

Four close friends at dinner Saturday night

I believe I had everyone captivated explaining how I caught fish through the ice!

After dinner along the Hudson river in Newburgh NY

On Sunday there was a dedication of a memorial tree to a staff member that passed away this last year that was there when
                      I was a cadet sent sentiment to his family and wished he could be there to honor him. But he had business to tend to,
                      It was from the POTUS Donald J Trump

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8818 on: May 23, 2017, 07:01 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like today is going to be the better day of the week. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to everyone on the water. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8819 on: May 23, 2017, 07:16 AM »
Good morning early risers.
Icefisher-45 any set date for when you can start working.
Hunts2long,Wallyworld have good days fishing.
Eddie it always seems once you call it a day the weather changes for the better. Ditto your thoughts on the Manchester incident.
Whopper Stopper enjoy the pie. Good to hear lawns are drying out and you can start working again sounds like your taking down one old oak tree.
Mealworm how did your team do last night. Provided there are no trees or other taller buildings close to the chicken coop the electric fence should keep the bear away from chickens. I could see a bear climbing tree to get over electric fence.
Ice Wanderer I'm maybe 2 miles from NYMA campus . When driving on route 9W coming from Newburgh if you made a right turn at traffic light just passed Moodna Creek bridge and took that road to another traffic light and made a right turn I'm the corner house on third road you would come to my street is a dead end sandwiched between what was McQuade Children's services and Saint Helena's convent back while you were in high school. McQuade is now called Saint Christopher's Academy and Saint Helena's was closed and sold to an orthodox jewish group from Rockland county and now house a yeshiva (school) for boys. This is all on route 94. The river front area in Newburgh has made a come back in the last 20 years. Did you get to see the murals painted on one side of train trestle. I think there are 3 or 4 depicting different scenes in Newburgh all painted in such a way that you fee like you could step into the painting. Hopefully in time things can move inland from the Hudson river and Newburgh can get back some of it's glory from years past. The City is still trying to overcome revitalization project done back while you were at NYMA where whole blocks of buildings were demolished and never rebuilt as planned.

Have a good day everyone .Best to all fishing and Hunting.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.