Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1613179 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8460 on: Apr 16, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Happy Easter OS!!! And thanks for the reminder to not forget those serving our country and the sacrifices they and their families make to keep us safe !!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8461 on: Apr 16, 2017, 09:07 AM »
HAPPY EASTER. Enjoy the day and say a prayer for our men and women in the Armed Forces who can't be home, or with their families! Been there, done that!!

Very nice OS! Will do :thumbsup:

Thank you Sir!

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8462 on: Apr 16, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Happy Easter to All, with extra Thanks & Wishes to all Service Men/Women unable to be with Family/Friends, You are NOT Forgotten

Beautiful Day here at the Jersey Shore, Sun with Temps. getting to near 80*

Dinner will be at 6:30, with family, at a local eatery, about a dozen of us, this way no cleanup afterwards

Mrs. WW - Trying to get caught up seems to elude me with work right now, but keeping the chin up and putting 1 foot in front of the other

Eat Plenty - Relax & Enjoy Good Company

Stay Warm or Cool as the 'traffic' moves - Be Safe - Have Fun - Records & limits - Happy Birthday - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8463 on: Apr 17, 2017, 03:19 AM »
Good Morning Eddie Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I trust everyone had a good time visiting friends and loved ones yesterday. Lots of leftovers will be probably be on the menus today and tonight :thumbsup:

I had mentioned the wife had bought a new swing. I took a better picture of it yesterday so you could all see it.  Kind of beefy.

I spent part of the day getting my kayak ready to put in the river as soon as the water goes down a little bit. Weekends are crazy with people but midweek is practically a ghost town from what I have heard. I guess I will see in a couple of weeks.

I am off to the jungle for a day of trimming at an apartment complex. The week looks shaky at best with a lot of rain in the forecast after today. I hope you all have a good Monday.

I See Eddie in the hallway. Good morning Sir!

Good luck to all fishing!  Stay safe

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8464 on: Apr 17, 2017, 03:43 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  54* and windy this am, high of 60 expected today.
  Hope everyone had an enjoyable day yesterday and had safe travels if on the road!
  The weather stayed nice for most of the day here, ended up getting some rain late in the afternoon into the evening. The Easter egg hunt went well....all eggs were found!!  ;D
  Mike...Thank You for the reminder about our servicemen and women yesterday..well done!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...have a safe day in the jungle today Sir! Hope today's project is in a better section of the City...that's an awesome swing!!   :clap: :thumbsup:   Best of luck with the Thursday fishing trips....looking forward to those reports!!
  Capt...hope you can get a handle on your work load soon and get a chance to wet a line one of these days!
  Bud..good luck today with the Walters, hope they're hungry!    :thumbsup:

Could have used one more day off....feeling a bit sluggish this am. We'll be back to replacing the terrazzo we knocked out on Friday this morning. Not sure if the new laborers and masons are starting today or Wednesday as it is the first day of the new pay week...anxious to see how many are coming.
  Time to get ready for 40 more again....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing,

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8465 on: Apr 17, 2017, 04:20 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                       Marv.......That's a nice swing, looks like it could hold an elephant, my wife wants one! ::) Sounds like an
               easy day in the jungle! ???
                       Eddie.......You probably had to much Easter ham to make you feel sluggish, I'm sure once you get to work
               you'll get back in the swing of things! ;D
                       Bud.......Have a good day out looking for the eyes!
                       Capt.....I hope your clients  can wait in line till you can get to them, it's no fun being backed up it causes
               too much pressure!
                       Steve.....I hope you had a nice day with your sister and her family!
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8466 on: Apr 17, 2017, 05:26 AM »
Good Morning everyone, I hope everyone had a good Easter. We will be celebrating Easter next week. My daughter spent Easter with the ex wife. Hope everyone has a great day. Suppose to be nice out today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8467 on: Apr 17, 2017, 05:48 AM »
Good morning ER's !! Hope everyone had a good Easter. It was pretty uneventful for us had an egg hunt with the kiddos then did a bit of yard work. Today is back to the grind of spring cleanups also have to meet with a few more potential customers. Hope to get these big accounts finished this week, see how it goes with the weather hope everyone has a great day

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8468 on: Apr 17, 2017, 07:10 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Change of plans, got awakened to Mrs,having a bad time, throwing up, clogged the vanity sink.  Fixed her a piece of light toast,and that came right back up.  Got her to lay down and rest.  Will see how the morning goes, but for now looks like a stay at home day.

The tourney only had 16 out of the 40 teams weigh fish, 12 of the 16 had had only one legal fish over the 18" mark.  Top weight and winner was 1 walleye at 7.66 Second was 2 for a total weight of 5.6.  My guys placed 15th with 1 at 2.2  their total catch was 18, all of which were under sized.

They also noted not seeing many bait fish as in past years.

Marv:  Hope you can dodge the rain drops and get your trimming done, We have a swing on the deck, not as beefy as yours, reminds me it needs a fresh coat of finish applied.

Good Day all.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8469 on: Apr 17, 2017, 07:54 AM »
Morning all,

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday with family & friends.

IFF.....hope the Mrs. is feeling better after resting, something she ate maybe  ???
WS....best wishes for dodging the rain drops today  ;)
MW....sounds like you might need to hire some permanent full time help if the customers keep adding up  :thumbsup:
IW....any progress on the leech field yet  ???
Eddie....holiday weekends always seem to make the first day back to work tough  :pinch: any chance of doing 4 tens during the summer months  ???
MrC....hope you had a pleasant day at your sister's and the traffic wasn't too bad  :)
IF45....holidays can be hard when you have to share them with ex's  :-\  sounds like you've adapted pretty well tho, your daughter gets 2 Easters instead of 1  :clap: twice the chocolate bunnies is always a plus  :roflmao:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8470 on: Apr 17, 2017, 10:06 AM »
WW. I suspect it was mixed fruit from last nights supper.  She awoke with a BS reading of 238.  Will see how the morning goes.  Got the drain cleared.  See next week starts out with Sunday being a day at the store.

Good Morning Tom. sleepy head.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8471 on: Apr 17, 2017, 05:53 PM »
Good evening everyone appears all had a good Easter. I had a safe trip to and from my sister and brother in laws. Beautiful day temperature in the eighties. Only four of us neighbor couple who were invited canceled out wife is having back surgery on Tuesday. Her pain level yesterday made it difficult for her to move around.
IFF hope your wife is feeling better and her blood sugar levels is under control.
Whopper Stopper that is one sturdy looking swing.
OldSailor once I got home from my trip and read posts to this thread I said a prayer of thanks for our armed forces members who were away from family this Easter. Also gave thanks for my safe trip.

Have a good evening everyone,I'm getting ready for work.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8472 on: Apr 17, 2017, 08:25 PM »
Mrs got in a couple long naps, and feeling much better.  See a mouse darting out to the bird feeder, set a trap, and it was tripped but no mouse.  Bated a different trap in case it recognize the first one.  will be playing a waiting game.  till dark anyway.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8473 on: Apr 18, 2017, 03:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Glad the Mrs is feeling better Bud :thumbsup: It didn't sound very good for awhile there, glad she turned the corner and is on the mend :clap:

Glad you had a good trip to your sister's house mr.clean :thumbsup:

Good luck with you clean ups MW. Hope the weather cooperates for you two so you can make some progress. It sounds like you have a good list of customers, can't beat that.

Did the new guys show up on the job yesterday Eddie? Hope you have a good day on the job Sir! I see you in the "hallway" Good Morning :thumbsup:

We were able to work yesterday but today doesn't look very good. I will have to wait for the weather in an hour to see how long the rain and showers are going to last. The last I had heard was rain through the noon hour :%$#!:

We had a skeleton crew yesterday, the "Green Horn" and I. It seemed everyone had some kind of a "Bunny Infliction". We still got all we could done at an Apt. building but frankly it was a wasted day.

Hope you all have a good day no matter what's on the agenda. Stay safe.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8474 on: Apr 18, 2017, 03:38 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  39* and just a slight breeze this am, sunny today with a high of 55 here.
  Marv...that stinks with the rain, any inside work to be done maintaining the equipment? Hope you have a great day as well Sir....hopefully that rain will clear out soon!
  Bud..glad to hear your wife is feeling better, hope her blood sugar levels are now under control also. Sounds like it was a tough go at the tournament...did they hold it at Cherry Creek?  Good luck with your mouse hunting!
  Steve...hope work went well for you last evening, glad you had a safe trip to and from.
  Wally...no chance of 4 10hr days for us unfortunately...that would be nice though! Any plans on another Lake Ontario trip soon?
  MW...hope you made out well with the new prospects yesterday! Good luck finishing up this week with the current jobs!
  I-45...wishing you an your daughter a very special day celebrating Easter together!!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...think the ham was ok, might have had somethingbto do with the Corona's ....  ;D

Seemed like the whole crew was a little in the fog yesterday...glad I wasn't the only one, lol.  Today they are splitting up the crew to work in different phases of the terrazzo, mostly the grinding part of it. Don't know how well that will all work out as there are some big ego's with some, but we'll see what happens.... :whistle:
  Running a tad behind, so the cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8475 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:41 AM »

Good Morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                       Marv.......Isn't the crew a little old to be strung out on candy and miss work! :roflmao: I hope the rain
              doesn't last so you can get the day in!
                       Eddie......Is the reason for no 4, 10 hour days is that they would have to pay you overtime after 8 hours!
              I can see the Corona's would blur the taste of the ham! LOL ;D
                       Bud.......I'm glad your wife made the turn around, the blood sugar is a hard thing to control at times!
                       Steve.....I'm glad you had a good time at your sisters!
                       I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8476 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:11 AM »
Morning all.. Just got back from the smelt stream again..  Got another couple dozen...
Time to go water.....
5 more days till spring trip..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8477 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:51 AM »
Good morning everyone, A little chilly this morning Suppose to be a nice day. On my way to pt. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Good luck to everyone out on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8478 on: Apr 18, 2017, 07:26 AM »
Good Morning, 48* and headed to upper 70's See Old Sailor is roaming the hallways,  Mrs pretty good with her needle on getting the high bs back down.  One mouse down, think it was a bigger one than I see at first so will have to set traps for a while yet. 

Eddie right was at Cherry Creek, and another one this coming Saturday.  Think the afternoon Thunder Storms will be on tap for Thursday, with showers hanging around until early Saturday morning.  But that's OK with me, I will be working at the store Thursday through Sunday.  I remember fishing a rainy tournament, and that was no fun.

fisher-45 don't over do it.

RG Getting a little excited with the up coming spring trip ?  Already packed ?

Looking like a nice calm morning, think I will hook up the boat and give it a try for couple hours, then I am sure Mrs will have plenty piling up on my plate for the afternoon.

Almost sunup so will see you later. Good Day all.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8479 on: Apr 18, 2017, 02:35 PM »
Good afternoon, another sunny day here with blue skies. I will have to get my lawn mower out of storage and do the lawn later this week.
IFF happy to read the wife is doing better very easy to get out of balance during a holiday with blood sugar levels.
Raquettedacker are the smelt you are collect for use a bait during spring trip? How did the Easter plant sales go this year? Have a safe and good trip ,hope the lean-to your group uses has been repaired remember trap over part of roof last year.
Eddie may all work out with the new workers on the crew. Did your mom enjoy the Easter brunch ?
Whopper Stopper if the rain ended early and you could work hope more of the crew reported for duty. Has you wife given the swing a trail run yet.
Ice Wanderer hope your brother and wife are continuing to improve health wise.

Have a safe and good evening everyone.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8480 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:42 PM »
Evening everyone,

Took a run up to Ontario this morning.....lake was a little choppy but doable. The sun was nice, but it was still COLD with the breeze coming out of the north  :o  Guess out beginners luck has run out.....didn't have a hit all day  :'(  Still nice to be out on the water tho  :thumbsup:

IFF....glad to hear the wife is doing well  :clap:  hope you did better on the fish than we did today  ;)
IF45...hope the pt continues to improve your arm
Raquette....have a great trip, safe travels
WS....hope you were able to get your work day in despite the morning showers 
MrC....got to love the first few times of mowing, that smell of fresh cut grass  mmmmmm  :thumbsup: 
Eddie....hope the fog has lifted for you & the coworkers  ;D

Have a nice night. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8481 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:16 PM »
Well that didn't pan out, for starters had to reverse the tow, hitch so it will be higher.  Not a problem, then found no signals at 7 pin plug, fuses ok, now have to figure out how it unplugs from the wire harness.  Got that figured out, the piece on the pickup was bad, kind of strange though, plug on back side checked out, the female part even showed good with the volt/ohm meter, got a new one as its cover was broken off, so now all lights working.  Thinking I just saved $100 trip to the dealership  ;D 

Another small mouse is pressing it luck, tripped the trap twice.

WW, I wish, with it now post spawn, should be picking up.  Seeing on another local sight they want some perch cleaned out of a Gold Metal Trout lake, so no limits  ;D :P

Tom making any headway with the toon ? 

Mrs roasting a bird, sure smells good.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8482 on: Apr 18, 2017, 08:13 PM »
I have not started on the toon yet. Turkey season is going to get in the way as I need to do some things at the other house that I stay at when I hunt.

We went to a fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation last night at a bar that specializes in hot dogs. You can get your name on a plaque on the wall if you a can eat 10 chillie dogs in 4 hours. That would have not been a problem back in the day as I ate 6 in less than an hour every time I went to a Greek hot dog place.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8483 on: Apr 19, 2017, 03:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

mr.clean,  my wife used her new swing the day they delivered it. The rain was coming down like crazy when she got home from work but she said she didn’t care and swung for about 15 minutes. Yes she wanted me to join her, no I did not  :whistle:

I was in hopes that Bud would have some fishing pictures to show. Maybe next trip :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good time regardless of fish cooperating  WW. I bet it was cold out there. Better luck on your next trip! :clap:

How did the split up crew go Eddie? I suppose the grinding is similar to us having to cut a stump off. I am not sure what it is, but unless you give a direct order they will stand and look at the dang thing for 20 minutes. Then I will grab a saw to do it and all of a sudden they all want the job. Hope you have a good Hump day Sir!

IW pretty sure it was liquid Bunny that got the crew ;D They should all be ready to hit it today ???

Yesterday was a washout. The rain moved in around 9am and stuck around until about 2pm.  I am not sure if I have to go in Tomorrow or not. If I don’t, I have a 2 day side job to work on so at least I have a good backup plan.

Time to fire up the Buick and point it south.

Good luck to all fishing!  Stay safe

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8484 on: Apr 19, 2017, 03:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  39* again this am, high of 53 today with some rain moving in this afternoon.
  Tom...hope the fund raiser went well, were they running a special on the hot dogs to help the cause? Turkey season begins here soon as well, May 1st I believe.
  Bud...glad you got the wiring fixed, how is the truck performing for you?
  Wally...better luck next trip out to you Mr.WW. Have you tried pulling planer boards yet for the browns?
  Steve...yes, my Mom had a very nice time at the brunch. A few of the other patients walking past also joined in with us, and they were quite happy with the brunch as well... ;D  Thank You for asking.... :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope the PT went well for you yesterday Sir!
  Dom...only 4 days to go!!  Congrats on the smelt....  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...you are spot on about the OT with the 10hr. days, that and having a State Supervisor for an extra 2 hrs.  How is your wife coming along with her PT?
  Marv...hope you're getting a break with the rains out your way. Have a safe day in the jungle today if you're working Sir!

Walking into work yesterday morning at about 6:25am, just passing by the Governors Mansion, I notice someone on the opposite side of the street maybe 40yds. away flailing their arms at me. I recognized the guy, he is a State worker who I see about frequently.
  So I begin crossing the street to see what he needs, I can see his on the phone. As I got closer, notice a young woman about mid 20's lying on the sidewalk and she's having convulsions. There was a young man about the same age with her trying to comfort her and get her to calm down.
   I thought for a second she might have had an over dose something, but the guy who flagged me over told me she was just attacked by another female who drove up in a car with a brick! There was a broken brick about  5' lying on the sidewalk. He was on the phone with 911...
  A few minutes passed and the young woman regained consciousness, but her breathing was loud and she was in real bad pain, crying and still limp. A police cruiser pulls up, no lights on, and the policeman pretty nonchalantly gets out of his car and slowly walks up to us. He took a look and then slowly asks,  ok, what happened..like he care less.
  The guy who flagged me over began telling him what he saw, he witnessed the attack and got the plate # of the car. Another unit pulls up, no lights on again, and almost the same exact response as the first. I found this to be the worst piece of police work I've ever seen before. Maybe they were at the end of their shift, who knows.
  Anyway, didn't see anything on the news about it last night, maybe something in the paper today....will check.
 Never know what you'll see in the City at 6am....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Mornin Marv....

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8485 on: Apr 19, 2017, 04:25 AM »
RG Getting a little excited with the up coming spring trip ?  Already packed ?

Yes and pretty much....    ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8486 on: Apr 19, 2017, 04:34 AM »
Raquettedacker are the smelt you are collect for use a bait during spring trip? How did the Easter plant sales go this year? Have a safe and good trip ,hope the lean-to your group uses has been repaired remember trap over part of roof last year.

The smelt are for eating since we got them from a different lake...   The leanto has been rebuilt and moved back 20 yards..   :P   Wish they just left it alone....   
 The only plants we do for Easter are lillys for the churches..    Mothers day is the make it or brake it weekend....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8487 on: Apr 19, 2017, 04:49 AM »

Good morning WS, Eddie, Dom, ER's,
                    Eddie......I bet the police don't get too excited over stuff like that because they a lot of it. When I worked we had a
            job up on Lark St. and had to do it at night. Some of the crap that we saw was terrifying, so they have their hands full at
            times!
                    Marv.......I hope you get the day in today!
                    WW.......That's a long cold day, not catching is the worst!
                    Bud.......I'm glad you got the lights figured out!
                    Dom......Have a good trip and remember to share some pictures with us!
                    I won't be posting for a few days, my wife and I are taking a road trip to Florida!
                    I hope everyone has a great Wednesday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8488 on: Apr 19, 2017, 05:01 AM »
Wishing you a safe and fun trip IW  :thumbsup:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8489 on: Apr 19, 2017, 05:38 AM »
Happy hump day. Wife let me on early this morning. She is getting ready for a 2 day trip to Montreal with our youngest daughter. I am dog sitting.

WW from what I read on MFF not many others have been doing well on browns the past week. Glad you got out. 

Eddie, do you think maybe Mr. C spent the night in Albany and the cops kept in "low key" so as not to wake him. I haven't seen anything on the news.

Checked the creeks for walleyes again last night. Saw some but not as many as past nights. Water level has dropped some or it just may be coming to an end.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.