Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1643958 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8220 on: Mar 24, 2017, 04:51 AM »
Good Morning IW, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Just a quick Hello this wet morning. I have to go to the Health Clinic for a blood draw in a little while. Once a year my Dr wants to check some levels, today is the day. It is nice because they start at 5:30am so I can get in and get out.

Tonight we are going to the Bellamy Brothers at one of night clubs west of the Jungle. Always a good time.

Good luck and be careful IW. Hope it goes well and you have some luck :icefish:

Safe travels WW. Enjoy the Grandkids ! :clap:

Have a good wrap to the week Eddie! Maybe you will be able to blow the froth off a cold one tonight :thumbsup:

I Best get moving! I see MW checked in, Good Morning SIR!

Best of luck to all fishing! Stay safe!

WS

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8221 on: Mar 24, 2017, 05:01 AM »
Morning marv  blood draw! man I hate needles! makes me cringe just thinking about it.hope the blood work goes well for ya.last time I got some blood work done I woke up on the floor the nurse and doc in my face,yep i fainted I'm a big SAP with that stuff.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8222 on: Mar 24, 2017, 05:40 AM »
Good Morning everyone, thank God it's Friday. Been a long week. Good luck with the blood work WS today. Getting my daughter this afternoon for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Good luck to everyone fishing today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8223 on: Mar 24, 2017, 05:50 AM »
Morning all,

Looks like a little snow fell overnight, still some possible mixed precip this morning  :(  hopefully the thruway (I-90) will be just wet.

WS...hope the blood draw went well, some hit the vein so easily while others poke & prod to find it  :pinch: hope you got the former one  ;D
MW....good going busting on Dad about jumping off the bridge  :roflmao: :woot: :thumbsup:
IF45....enjoy the time with your daughter   :clap:
Eddie....the choirs must have been awesome  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: sorry you lost the early start  :(
IW....like MW said, spud, spud, spud  ;D
IFF....hope you don't get too hard with the snow  >:(

Have a good day & great weekend. We >:('ll be watching hockey & soccer games all weekend  ;D Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8224 on: Mar 24, 2017, 10:17 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Think the snow/rain amounted to about 4 inches, 36* and still some wind.  Streets/walk will be dry and dusty by 10AM.  Good moisture for the lawn.

Ewwwww Marv, Some needle pushers are better than others, hope you get a good one.  Think the last few times for me the had to hammer it in. ::)

Steve, Olympia Washington, they will pick me up at the Seattle/Tacoma airport. So drive back will be about 1,400 miles, if I remember correctly, and $200 for gas ?

Jeff stay safe if your heading out on the ice that's left, good luck with  :icefish:

MW, score was 98-66.  Jawhawks were just to fast for Purdue, the guards Mason and Graham, set a record with 26 points each, for a sweet 16 game. Coach called off the dogs with 3 minutes left. Like Eddie said they sure put on a show.  Hope they keep it up for the remaining games  :thumbsup:

Stay safe all.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8225 on: Mar 24, 2017, 02:59 PM »

Good afternoon ER's,
                        Well I have some good news and some sad news, first the good news Jon and I made it out and we made it back
                  without any problems, there was 5.5" of ice about 2.5 inches of snow ice and 3 inches of black ice! The bad news is
                  each of us only got one Salmon. Here is a couple of pictures!
                    Jons is 21'

Mine is 23"

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8226 on: Mar 24, 2017, 03:27 PM »
Way to go Jeff and Jon!!!  Thought for a second there one of you might have taken the plunge Jeff..great job and CONGRATULATIONS.... :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8227 on: Mar 24, 2017, 03:50 PM »
Excellent guys :clap: :clap:
Glad it all worked out. Beautiful fish!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #8228 on: Mar 24, 2017, 07:27 PM »
Way to go!!  :thumbsup: :icefish: Are you done for the year ??
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8229 on: Mar 24, 2017, 07:46 PM »
He keeps saying "it's my last trip" think he started saying that 5 trips ago. That said looks like still some ice I mite have to try and get a trip or 2 in

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8230 on: Mar 24, 2017, 09:16 PM »
WTG  Jeff, a little tug drug is always good. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8231 on: Mar 25, 2017, 04:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  37* and light rain falling this am, believe that will be today's high here as well.
 Jeff..those Land Locks sure are a pretty fish, thanks for sharing the photo's, great job!   :thumbsup:  Going back for another try this am?
 Marv...hope the blood work went well and The Bellamy Brothers were entertaining last night...never did see them perform live before...hope you had a great time! 
 Bud...don't forget to throw a miscellaneous tool bag in your suitcase...ratchet set, pliers, wrenches, vice grips, screwdrivers, tie wire and duct tape...can't forget the duct tape!   ;D.
 Wally..hope you had a safe trip yesterday, enjoy all the games!
 I-45...hope you have a great weekend with your daughter Sir!   :thumbsup:
 MW...hope this rain doesn't make a big mess of your wood working area...good luck if you're hitting the ice!

Haven't seen Steve posting, working longer shifts perhaps...hope all is well Sir!
 Couple of calls for side jobs came in over the last few days, looking at two today...one in particular sounds likes a pretty good one that's inside to boot...a full wall behind a wood stove they want to stone veneer only a 10 minute drive away...interested in that one.
 Cawfee's brewing as I peck out a reply...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8232 on: Mar 25, 2017, 05:26 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....congrats on your fish!!
Eddie....good luck on getting the side job
WS....hope you enjoyed the concert!!

Made the drive ok yesterday....pretty much dry roads except in the Berkshire Mts it was snowing. Looks like a rainy day today & tomorrow.

Have a good weekend. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8233 on: Mar 25, 2017, 05:29 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                  It's 31* with light mix and no wind here on my hill! No fishing today, I have to help #2 son this morning!
                  Marv......I hope you had a good night out at the Bellamy Bros show! :thumbsup:
                  WW........I hope your trip went without any problems! :flex:
                  I-45......Enjoy the weekend with your daughter! :clap:
                  Eddie.....I hope you get the side jobs, but don't take on too many, you have some Trout fishing coming up!
            I know I've said it a few times that "this is my last trip, well for Lake George, it is. But I still might hit the Crappie
            lake again as long as the shore holds up!
                  I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at play!
                  I see Wally posted as I typed, good morning WW!

IW

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8234 on: Mar 25, 2017, 06:49 AM »
Morning er's! Crappy day here rainy and dreary. Not much to do, kids are having some friends over, and we have to make a trip to the feed store for chic and chicken feed.we may also get a few more chics if they have the breeds we want.

IW think we may have to hit up the crappie lake I also may make a trip to the other side of the lake for lakers and smelt.

Eddie hope u get the side jobs extra jingle is always nice.I'm done with wood orders at this point hopefully no more cone in until wood yard dries out a bit

WW glad u had a safe trip seems as it's always snowing on Blanford mt on 90

IFF glad ur team is doing well our local sports news woman thinks Kansas is gonna take the whole thing.sounds like a nice road trip to pick up the suburban. Hope everything works out for u

WS did u survive the blood work?  Hope you had a great time at the show.

Oh kids are up and hounding me for pancakes better get on it before they chew my arm off have a great day all

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8235 on: Mar 25, 2017, 07:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

It sounds like you all are doing well on this dreary Minnesota day. We had a long night and as a result a slow rolling out of the bunk this morning. The band as always was excellent. The place we went to is about 50 miles from our house, so being they played until 12:30am, by the time we got home and ready for bed it was about 3am. If you like their music they certainly don't disappoint. I am not sure what the capacity of the facility is but it was packed. The place raised the beer prices so we didn't even buy one, $7 a can they can keep it :cookoo:

The blood draw went just fine MW. They said I have good veins for punching, so I got by with the 9" needle instead of the 12" house needle. :roflmao: :roflmao: I was in and out in about 5 minutes. I feel for you and your phobia. I never knew I was claustrophobic until I needed an MRI a few years ago :woot:. They finally gave me something so I would go in that scrunched tunnel. I am sure being in a closed casket alive would be similar ??? I certainly have no desire for that ever again.

Glad all is well WW. Enjoy your time :thumbsup:

Coffee is done so I best find my mug.

Stay safe if fishing, sane if working, but safe regardless.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8236 on: Mar 25, 2017, 09:50 AM »
Good Morning Weekenders, was up just in time to see Eddie post, with the suggestion of packing tools, hadn't given it a though.  Seeings how it would cost another $40 for one suit case.  will just take the allowed carry on that has to fit under the seat.

Watched the pesky badgers fall to a buzzard beater 3 point shot in overtime,  :woot: a two point shot would have made for another overtime.  Games certainly get tougher at this point in the tourney.

Found one of the TV boxes over heats and shuts down, so will be getting them upgraded today, and also cutting back on channels for a little savings.  And of course another 2 year commitment to having to stay with the outfit or get charged more. :cookoo: :%$#!:  Maybe I should have called in the "Expert" deal maker donald  ;D  ::)

Passed on fishing invite for today, and see rain is in the forecast for Sunday.  Just as well, I better get busy at the honey do list.

Good Day all.

Bud

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8237 on: Mar 25, 2017, 12:22 PM »
WS glad u had a good time at the show.icant believe what they charge for beers at these events.wife and I went to concert last year 22oz beers $21.00! American!....crazy! What's even more crazy is we bought some. So I'm real glad the blood work went well for u but I will say you could have left out the details,I almost passed out just reading about the 9" needle,scary to think they even have a 12" needle y do they need them so big?! Oh man think I'm feeling faint I better go lay down jk lol

IFF I haven't flown in a long time it would be nice to have the tools with u on the trip home just incase,but $40 extra is alot for 1 bag plus not sure what security would think when the scanned ur bag full of tools, be neat to c how it looked on the x-ray though.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8238 on: Mar 25, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Hello all. IFF just UPS or Fed Ex the tools to the niece. Many around here do that when going somewhere. Trump didn't write the bill that was pulled. Paul Ryan is to blame, He wrote Obama care light. Without the freedom caucus getting what they wanted. With three parts to it. Pass one without the other two parts would have been a failure. And the democrats would not let the other two parts pass. Let Obama care fail on its very own. It is useless to many folks now, as it is, with high premiums and deductibles. Insurance company's getting out of it. Young folks still just paying the fine (tax). I am sure like many of us. We want to see our president do great things for all of us. If he fails we all fail. Just my opinion. That and two bucks wont get you much.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8239 on: Mar 25, 2017, 02:25 PM »
UFCREEL, we'll said, wife and I don't have ins it's cheaper to pay the fine and pay out of pocket for any visits we may have.for wife and I to get on Obama care it would cost more than my mortgage. I was very disappointed to watch this health care debocil unfold

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8240 on: Mar 25, 2017, 09:49 PM »
 :'( Oh well
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8241 on: Mar 26, 2017, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

39 with mist and rain looming about. They have been saying today was going to be the best day of the weekend but now it's tomorrow, funny how that works :unsure:

Eddie hope you score on the inside side job, it sounds like a good one to get :thumbsup:

Hope your time with the Grandkids is going well WW :thumbsup:

Not much going on around here today. I have a small apple orchard with about 8 trees that I planted 10 years ago along my back edge that I have been working on. The trees have never produced very well and I really don't know what the problem is. I decided to open it up more so the sun can beat down on them better. The last few days I whacked all kinds of bigger scrub brush and small trees from around the area with the chainsaw. All that is left now is some brush saw work for the small stuff that I don't want to bend over to get. Weather dependent I may have to put that off until tomorrow.

There are 11 deer that have been hanging out in the back yard the last week or so. They seem to be on the prowl for anything possible to eat. I hope with the rain things start to pop a little bit and they can find more stuff to fill their bellies.

Hope you all have an enjoyable Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe no matter what is on the agenda!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8242 on: Mar 26, 2017, 04:31 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 25* on the Hill this am, high of 38 again today with some rain possible. Extended forecast showing some warmer temps coming this week...maybe Spring is around the corner!
  Marv..gave a price on the side job, seemed to raise an eyebrow or two...oh well, you can't always get the Cadilac for the price of a Volkswagon right?  See what happens. Good luck with your apple tree's this season! Have you noticed a shortage of honey bee's in your area over the last few years?
  UFC..Hopefully they can work out a plan that will work soon. Its pretty darn sad to see how many people are without any type of affordable coverage and have to pay fines for it to boot...sinful.
  MW..good luck if you get out on the ice today! $21 a beer...WOW!!
  Bud..sorry to see Kansas fall to Oregon last night..new meaning to March Madness! My bracket went down in flames with that one.
  Jeff...With a little luck, hope to read a few more reports of your " last " trip out on the ice!   ;D   Be safe out there! How's your wife coming along with the therapy?
  Wally...hope your visit has been going well, certain you've been busy with all the games!    :thumbsup:

Will be helping out my daughter around noon today moving some items to a new apartment...other than that, not too much going on here. Yesterday's rain helped knocked down some of the snow, with a little luck, this weeks weather coming in will take care of the rest. Looking forward to playing around in my garden again.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8243 on: Mar 26, 2017, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

Glad to see everyone made it thru Saturday none the worse for wear 👏🏻 Busy busy busy here with sports, granddaughter lost a heartbreaker play off game yesterday 2 - 1 in double overtime 😢 Grandson had try outs for next year's team....he landed a spot on the B team !! Oldest granddaughter lost 2 out 3 soccer games yesterday at a preseason tourney, appeared to be no big deal to her 🙂 She has a hockey play off game on Cape Cod this morning, fingers crossed for a win 😉 Heading home later today, looks like decent weather.
Have a good Sunday all. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8244 on: Mar 26, 2017, 05:26 AM »

Good morning Marv, Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 12* here on my hill, yesterday we had 1.5 inches of snow! ::) When will it end? ???
                          Eddie.......Be careful lifting some of those things in your daughters move, you don't want to hurt your
                back. My wife's therapy well was on hold there was an insurance glitch and she had to change therapist, she has
                been doing the exercises that the 1st therapist had her do and she goes to the new one tomorrow! Thanks for asking!
                          Marv.......I hope clear out the shade trees and brush helps your apple trees, have you tried some tree food
                for them? ??? I hope your weather improves so you can get out, if it doesn't there is always the race or basketball! :woot:
                          Bud......Will you still watch the games since Kansas got knocked out?
                          WW.......How is the visit going with you grandkids?
                          UFCreel.....This insurance sure has a lot of people going bonkers, everyone I talk to has been getting rate increases
                every year to a point that it's not affordable. I'm sure glad I can get mine through the "VA"! :thumbsup: :clap:
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play!
                          I see Wally posted as I was typing Good morning WW, have a safe trip home!

IW

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8245 on: Mar 26, 2017, 05:38 AM »
Mornin Eddie! Mornin marv! Mornin er's! Not much to report kids had a sleep over last nite,had pizza and wings for supper then ice cream sandwiches for dessert.kids were up late but we're quiet. I prolly shoulda made plans to fish this mornin we have rain coming in this afternoon and hanging on till weds,maybe the rain will melt a bunch of this snow,I'm really wanting spring to get in gear.

Eddie hope u end up with the side job, and hope to move goes well. $21 for beers was at spac 2 years ago,I guess once ur in the place they kind of got ya.

Marv hope all this work helps your apple trees.I have a bunch of crab apple trees that are always loaded,then we have 1 tree I think it's macs or Cortland apples either way they are delicious apples when the tree produces but it dosent produce well

WW hope everything is going well in mass and hope the grandkids aren't wearing u out

IFF sorry to hear about Kansas

Icefish45 hope ur having a great weekend with your daughter

Hope everyone else is doing well and I hope everyone has a great day

IW and WW posted while I was typing mornin ole man mornin WW

WW sorry to hear about the losses of the grandkids games good luck to your gand daughters hockey team today,and safe travels home

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8246 on: Mar 26, 2017, 06:01 AM »
Good morning all. 44 here with light rain. IW- You earned your VA insurance. Thank you. I know a few Nam guys around here that love it. Some of the younger guys not so much. Could be generational thing i think. Wally- Time spent with grand kids, Priceless. Mason- Careful with that move. I have had pepper seeds in for two weeks now and only one has popped. Hopefully soon the rest will make their presence known. Whopper- have you pruned those apple trees? As sometimes it takes them a bit to recover. Also i would suggest spraying them. Look up on how often to do it. I haven't in years and things may be a bit different now. But when we had apple trees it really helped with production. Meal worm- I understand about the insurance. Know many that do the same. I live in Illinois and we have lots of insurance to be had. If you have the money. This state has been run into the ground.We have the longest in the nation self serving speaker of the house, 32 years. A guy Mike Madigan (D) He has had his hands on every piece of legislation good or bad. Worst business state in the nation, More people moving out than in. He wont work at all with our governor. So we have had no state budget in over two years. Really high property taxes. And get this they want to raise more taxes. I don't even want to start on the school system. The old saying used to go. If you cant make it in Chicago. You cant make it anywhere. Sad that is not the case anymore. Well enough of my rant. Everyone be safe and have fun. With what ever it is you are doing today. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8247 on: Mar 26, 2017, 07:50 AM »
With the nasty rainy weather the plans for finding the property stakes has been put on hold until next week. I was looking forward to doing it as I think that both of the trespassers were working yesterday. It would have been nice to have them come home to find their pontoon blocked from being taken out of their yard.

MW I am glad I do not have your fear of needles. I donated blood for years so getting in the crook of my elbow is a no go due to scar tissue. When some one needs to draw my blood I tell them where they are going to do it. I hope you never become an insulin dependent diabetic. I had to give my self 5 shots a day. I had not trouble doing it but for the 30 years I took care of my diabetic mother I could not give her shots to her.

My son sent me a book "Becoming Americans" written by Robert N. H. Duong a Vietnamese Boat person that ended up in our area with his family when they came to America. I am dyeing to get to reading it but will save it until tomorrow. I have taken a few glances at it and seen a little of what they went through. He has pictures of them on the boat taken from a video of the boat being resupplied by a relief ship. The whole family have made great thing of them selves. The author went to the Naval Academy and spent 22 years in the service. My son marched at graduation with his older sister that is a PA in Florida. The last time I saw Robert aka Nung to me, he was with his mother in a grocery store but I never knew what he made of him self. The two other sisters are both doctors. It is to bad all these migrants wanting into this country do not follow this families path.

My son also pays the insurance penalty. You still have to be able to eat. My blue cross  rider for Medicare went up almost $100 dollars this year. I can not understand why the younger veterans would not want to use their VA health care they sure earned it.

WS Apple trees take a lot of spraying. Maybe you are lacking pollination and need to get some bees. It seems like they might need cross pollination. I know in at least one apple orchard I see another type of apple tree planted amongst the main variety of apples. I think that the pollinators might be a crab apple of some sort.

I will have time to get the above mentioned book read tomorrow. The wife is having a gastric sleeve done. Our doctor had it done and has lost over 150 pounds with no real side effects other than a total change of life style. He had it done on a Thursday and was back to work on Monday.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8248 on: Mar 26, 2017, 08:00 AM »
Good morning, going to get some showers with temps in the 40's today.  Cherry tree is starting to show blooms.  Got a reply to a ISO ad, in the near-by neighborhood postings for a full sized pickup/Suv/Suburban, did a drive by and its a 1996 Ford F-150 4X4 extended cab.  No idea about mileage, mechanical condition, comments were don't use it much any more, asking $2,500. Seemed to be not much parking space at that location. Kind of like at my place one in my garage and 2 on the street. Will go over and check it out with its owner, this morning.  Then decisions ....decisions.... :unsure: :unsure:  Pretty sure the plane ticket is non-refundable.  If Mother had her way, it would be sell the boat, Trash the pickup, and stay home.  ::)

Well when it comes to Insurance, the ones in the business, are in it to make money.  And its, would I be willing to bet I will not get sick/injured

One thing for sure Jeff, watching the remaining games will not be as intent, seeing hows Kansas is out. 

Stay safe all.

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8249 on: Mar 26, 2017, 10:37 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like today is going to be a sunny day. Having a good time with my daughter. Bringing her home tonight. Weekend goes by to fast. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.