Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1623101 times)

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #7350 on: Jan 14, 2017, 12:24 PM »
Finally put a message on the UP Fishing board asking about fishing buddies.

So far I have one reply..."my wife would kill me...."  Haha, never got that jealousy thing.  I guess by reading a lot of posts on IS most wives are already jealous of their guys' time spent fishing, throw another woman in the mix and there'd be BIG trouble!!   :roflmao:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7351 on: Jan 14, 2017, 02:36 PM »
Good afternoon everyone similar weather here as by Capt.Jim overcast skies looks like will rain or snow.30 degrees outside a cool down from the past few days when we reached into the fifties for daily highs.
Mealworm,IW enjoy the family outing today. May your wife get over the stomach bug quickly.
IFF I agree you may have found a new fishing buddy. How is your wife doing  after her recent problems with blood sugar levels?
Capt.Jim glad your experiencing no side effects from your treatments to date. If you do feel up for a road trip you will have to head up Eddie's , IW's or Mealworms parts of NY. or to Sullivan county.(Monticello,NY. area) Lakes here in Orange county have questionable ice.
UFCreel you might want to look into those neoprene wraps for your knees and back to wear for a few hours after a long day of fishing. The wraps hold in your body heat and help ease any soreness.
Iowapackfan have a good trip to Minnesota, Did you get out fishing.
Mindy glad your over any fever good thing you decide to have your symptoms checked know your looking forward to the WI.women's group trip. A few of my neighbors are still putting on their Christmas lights. Hope you can find a fishing partner.
Eddie good luck in the search for new truck.
Wallyworld hope the trip is going great and your catching loads of fish.
To those who have a three day weekend enjoy yourselves. Good luck to all fishing may you catch a personal best fish over this weekend.
Steve

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7352 on: Jan 14, 2017, 04:32 PM »
Evening all, we'll wife all better but thus am when I woke my sin he had a fever and looked lie heck I didn't think it would be good for him to go is hung broke both our hearts as he was he'll bent on going and was in tears he couldn't go,he now is fine wife spent the day sterilizing the house.fishing today was horrible daughter and I each got a few dink perch hardly marked fish and not 1 flag.gonna try another family outing my wife 2 kids my #2 brother and his daughter hopefully my #3 brother his wife and 2 kids hope for better fushing than we had today.
Yooper never understood the whole jealous thing.I guess I got lucky with my wife she never cared how much time I spent in the woods or on the water and never cared who I was with  maybe it's more trust us dues for these folks idk hope u find a fishing partner soon though

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7353 on: Jan 14, 2017, 06:57 PM »
Evening all,
We'll we survived 2 notes on Upper Red Lake!! Thursday was a complete whiteout out there @) Winds were whipping all day, couldn't see 2' !!! Wind chills were 25 - 30 below zero,  needless to say we didn't venture far from the house. Yesterday morning it was clear, calm & -28* !!! Fishing was slow but we had fun none the less. Ended up with 9 walleye & 7 perch, all released. We are in Ohio to nite & will be back in NY tomorrow afternoon. Hope everyone is feeling better. Good luck to those fishing. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7354 on: Jan 15, 2017, 03:09 AM »
Good Morning ER's  tough conditions WW way to stick with it glad you had a fun trip.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7355 on: Jan 15, 2017, 03:27 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      Just as MW stated, we had a horrible day fishing, a guy stopped by while we were fishing. He is from your
              neck of the woods mr. clean , Highland Mills, he and some buddies come up this way a lot to fish. Well they said the
              last two days were terrible fishing, they have today and part of tomorrow to get some on the ice! I had planned on
              today but we had our part time neighbors and full timer's over for Pizza and games, and they were here till 1 am and
              I can't sleep, so I'm out for the count today!
                      Wally.........Gosh you guys drove a long way to go fishing, I hope you enjoyed yourselves!
                      UF.........Good job on getting on some Crappie! Yeah, there seems to be a lot of people getting some sort of bug,
              I hope I can evade from catching something, I am one miserable person when I'm sick!
                     Capt......I hope you are able to get some colder weather so you can get out on some local ice. Of course you can
              always travel up north to fish like Steve mentioned!
                     Well I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing!
                     I see Old goat posted while I was typing, Good morning sir!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7356 on: Jan 15, 2017, 04:40 AM »
Good morning Old Goat, Ice Wanderer and early risers . Ice Wanderer sorry the fish were not hungry yesterday . I'm sure a lot of ice fishermen make the trip north from my area each Winter in hopes of catching species of fish not found in my local area or a trophy class fish. Mealworm sorry your son is sick again hope he makes a quick recovery.
Wallyworld wish you had a little warmer weather to fish in but not much you can do  at least you had the hard sided shanty to fish from and keep out of the elements.
Received a tiny bit of snow yesterday around 1/2 inch . I hope to get out fishing for a few hours on Monday.Looks like I will have to travel 1 hour or more to find ice that I will feel comfortable fishing on thankfully neighboring Sullivan county has few lakes with state/public access.
Have a good Sunday everyone stay safe. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7357 on: Jan 15, 2017, 05:38 AM »
Good Morning Old Goat,IW, mr.clean. Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Glad to hear your return trip is progressing nicely WW. Those were some crazy weather conditions you and Mr WW had. Glad you were able to make the most of it and had a good time. The lake can have a tendency to become addicting, especially when the fish cooperate, and the bells keep dinging  ;D

Hope you and the clan can get things dialed in IW-MW. I remember last year IW had a couple of shaky outings and then he lit a fire and put on some impressive fishing clinics. Wishing all of you  "Good Luck" :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good luck to you tomorrow if you make it out mr.clean :thumbsup:  Is your schedule back to normal or is it still screwed up because of the naughty co-worker?

How is the truck hunting going Eddie? You should get one that has a shift knob like this. You could get home faster and to the lake quicker   ;D

Heading to the store with the wife today, just need the usual groceries. After a week and a half on the couch
I am getting pretty stir crazy. Other than an irritating hack I would say 80% of the crud is behind me :thumbsup:

Good luck if you can get out on the ice.  Stay safe and Happy Travels!

WS

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7358 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:28 AM »
 ;D ;D Good morning all. Made it out on the ice yesterday afternoon. Went out with a buddy that owns local bait shop in town. Used both waxies and minnows and didn't really have much luck. Caught maybe a dozen gills (mostly dinks). Pond has some nice crappie in it but we just never found em. We did take a lot of depth readings with the vex for future reference this spring. Was a great day to be on the ice anyway. Got to go to work tonight,supposed to have a ice storm coming so it could get interesting. Have a great day all! ;D
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #7359 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:29 AM »
Morning ER's!! It's a good (or better) morning down here. My back is finally getting better after 4 days of hurting! Been taking a muscle relaxant and using a heating pad with a moist wash cloth on it!! I'll be on and off the pad to keep ahead of it, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel!! I've got to get out and get some groceries later and that will see how the back is doing! I hope everyone has an enjoyable day doing whatever they choose/need to do!! Still no ice down here!! >:(
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7360 on: Jan 15, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Good Afternoon, All

Sunny, with a temp. reading of 38*F. right now, puffs of wind, so it's not to bad out-only got a dusting of sleet/freezing rain last night, all gone already

Just me and the dog today, everyone else is doing something, good, nice and quiet

Going to do some work on my sled, got a hole where a chipmunk ate thru a piece of canvas, iron-on patches and the sewing machine will fix that, no ice nearby, Capital Area
     in a few weeks, will have to schedule on a weekend after treatment on Friday A.M. for the drive, stay tuned for details

For All Traveling, Working, Fishing-Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun - Catch Limits & Records - To Those Feeling Ill/Sick, Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7361 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:18 PM »
Evening all,

Made it back home today...always feels good to be back on your own turf  ;D  Put just shy of 3,000 miles round trip on the truck !! Definitely a fun experience...never used rattle reels before, work better than any alarm clock I ever owned  :roflmao:  Saw a lot of nice country on the ride...could have done without all the snow & slippery roads, but Mr WW did a great job behind the wheel  ;)  Nothing but blue skies & sunshine on the return drive.
Mindy...sorry you weren't able to make your trip to Upper Red Lake  :-\ From all reports fishing was slow every where out there so hopefully that makes you feel a little better.
MrC....hope you're all rested up and back to normal hours. Good luck if you make it out tomorrow.
Eddie....how goes the truck search?
MW.....hope your family is all getting over the bug & you're able to get some good ice time.
Capt....nothing like a solo day to do whatever feels right at the moment.
OS....glad to hear the back is healing. Take things slow.
IW...hope you got some sleep today. Better luck on the next outing.
WS...hope the shopping trip helped your cabin fever  :thumbsup:

Have a good night and good day tomorrow. Good luck to those that have the day off and are able to hit the ice. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7362 on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:06 AM »
Good morning early risers. Wallyworld sounds like you had a good trip welcome back to NY.
Whopper Stopper how was the shopping ,must have been good to get out of the house.
OldSailor glad your back is doing better.Iowapack fan congratulations on Green Bay's win.
May all who are battling illness feel better soon.
Have a safe and good day,best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7363 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:06 AM »

Good morning Steve, ER's,
                       Wally.......I bet it feels good to be back in your own bed, to me there's nothing like it! :thumbsup:
                       Marv........I'm glad you're feeling good enough to go shopping, when are you going on your trip?
                       Eddie........I hope you were able to get some time to get out and do some fishing, how is the truck
               hunting going?
                       Capt.......It doesn't seem the weather wants you guys to have ice.  :blink:
                       I'm headed out in a little bit to fish with Jon NY on a lake that I've never fished, there are Crappie, Perch,
               and Pike, I'm ready for some of each! :flex:
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday, MLK Day, if you get the day off good luck out on the ice!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7364 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:40 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean, IW. Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck on the ice IW! New lakes are a challenge, hope you can get into some fish :icefish:

Good luck to you mr.clean if you get to go out. Has to be irritating fighting the poor ice conditions.

Hope you get to spend the day on the ice Eddie :thumbsup: I believe you said you get a non-paid day off :%$#!: I also hope your computer isn't driving you nuts.

I bet you had a quiet night WW. No ice cracking, wind howling, or furnace kicking in. Did you miss the lake ;D

Shopping went fine yesterday :clap: thanks for asking. It felt great getting out. I still have a nagging cough, hack, especially if I over do it. The girls wanted to go snow shoeing yesterday and I didn't want anything to do with that yet. Thursday I am heading north for a long day of fishing. I say long just because it is 100 miles each way.

Good luck to all hitting the ice :thumbsup: Stay safe and drink your orange juice. :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7365 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:47 AM »
Good Morning, Morning Crew,   Good grief Marv, that shifter knob ?  Some kind of Rubits Cube ?  ;D Went to the kids at half time, for my B-Day supper, Wisconsin style Chili, with cheese of course. ;D :o :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: I was late to sit down, they couldn't pry me away from the TV, until it was over. 

Got a new project, a Jogging Stroller out fitted to haul the ice gear on the bare ground/concrete/snow-less trails.  Found it on the Nextdoor neighborhood sight.  0$$ had been sitting out behind his shed for years.  Frame looks fine, its a double so, will take the canvas material off and fit a small snow sled on it.  Will look at putting bicycle hookup on the bike for the longer walks to less pressured areas.  Snow plow just went bye, forecast today is snow all day. Was temped to head to work, but now with a little snow to blow around, self says Nah, get ready to get on the ice Tuesday when its blue bird skies and 50's out.

Second the nice to be home WW's   :thumbsup: I could live in one of those sleeper shacks,  ;D and have pizza and beer delivered by drones  :roflmao: :thumbsup:

How goes the Truck hunt ? Nice to hear Marv and Old Sailor are feeling better.

Good luck on the new lake Jeff, catch a Pike for me.  Like Capt says "For All Traveling, Working, Fishing-Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun - Catch Limits & Records - To Those Feeling Ill/Sick, Get Well Soon"

Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7366 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:56 AM »
Good Morning, Everyone

Didn't look at the thermo., everything is frosted, so it's below freezing, clear skis and no wind

I.W. - It sure seems that way, some of the guys posting on the Jersey threads are getting out, but being careful where they fish, I personally would like to see 6" before I set
     foot out, the travel to North Jersey to check ice in some cases could be up to 1-1/2 hours one way, I could be up by you & Mason in 4, +/-

Mrs. W.W. - Glad to see you both home safe, and had a good trip

I was surprised when I learned that there would be treatment today, being a holiday, it's O.K. with me, just means I get done faster, after plotting on the calendar, 45th
     treatment will be on March 10th, I just have to take it 1 week at a time, I'll get there

To those feeling ill - Get Well Soon = To those working, playing - Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - fishing? - Limits & Records
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7367 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:15 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Steve, Bud, Capt, Morning Everyone,
Clear and calm 18* this am, high of 40 coming today.
Two days without a computer working, doubt I'll catch up to everyone with a reply....but will give it the old college try!   
Bud..good luck with the stroller project, sounds cool!!  :clap:
Jeff...good luck to you fellas today!  :thumbsup:  Was up your way on Saturday...split the day with a morning until noon trip on Schroon chasing lakers, and Brant Lake until dark. Fishing was very slow for lakers, managed some perch from Brant. The bite seemed way off for everyone....never saw a flag all morning on Schroon.
Steve..are you going to try a spot today? Best wishes on a good outing if you go!   :thumbsup:
Wally...Welcome back!! Sorry to hear of the brutal conditions on your trip, but congrats on the catch! I'd imagine there are some fond memories....glad the trip back went well and ditto Jeff's reply!
Capt...hope you enjoyed the house to yourself! Sounds like a road trip coming up...hopefully Lake George will have some good solid ice when you're ready...keep us posted! Good luck today with the treatments!   :thumbsup:
Mike...glad to hear the back is feeling better and you get some fishable ice soon!
Iowa...congrats again to you and all the Pack fans!! Think your ice storm is heading here tomorrow.
Marv...now that shifting pattern could be interesting...holy cow!  :roflmao:  Glad to hear you're up and about....walleye trip coming up?
MW...your trip out on the ice sounded exactly like mine. Hope today goes better if you're fishing, glad to hear the little guy is feeling better.... :thumbsup:
Mindy...hope you get more responses on your request for a fishing buddy. It surprises me you only had that one!

Still truck hunting..... :whistle:  Have been avoiding the big car lots and looking at a few by owner. Found two that were reasonable and what I was looking for. Going to look at a few of the big lots today and see what kind of deals can be had on hold overs....I'd rather be fishing than dealing with car salesmen, but it is what it is!
Fished a small lake yesterday morning with member IceFreak and got on a slow pick of decent crappie. Weather was great, almost a foot of ice. He had his Ion auger out Swiss cheesing the lake, nice auger for sure!  :thumbsup:
Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7368 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:55 AM »
Morning all,
Looks like a day of catching up around home today. Freezing rain forecast for tomorrow into Wednesday  :%$#!:  Big fishing expo in Niagara Falls this weekend we want to catch, hope the weather straightens up by then.
IW.....I agree, nothing like crawling into your own bed after being away for a few days  :thumbsup: good luck on the ice today
WS.... it was definitely quiet here, except when Mr WW played his little video of a rattle reel going off  :roflmao: enjoy your day Thursday, safe travels
IFF....looking forward to a picture of that converted stroller, good luck tomorrow
Eddie....congrats on putting some fish on the ice  :bow: seems like fishing is slow all over right now, hopefully things will pick up soon. hope you find some new wheels today  ;D
Capt...tough year for ice building here too  :-\  people are on the lakes but thickness varies like crazy  :o  not my idea of fun worrying about every step, 15 day forecast is for temps to stay above freezing right straight thru  >:(  not good at all  :'(
Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7369 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:28 AM »
it seems this possible ice storm lost it's Jupiter name as it is getting into the real world of winter. This must be the ice that is coming your way ww. It might make the trip to the city a little dicey on the way home today.

I still have not decided whether to put the flip shanty together or not. Not to many have been fishing the lake so far this winter so maybe they are not biting.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7370 on: Jan 16, 2017, 10:57 AM »
 ;D ;D Good morning all! Our ice storm showed up last night but don't think it was as bad as predicted.  Wasn't any wind with it and the temp pretty much stayed right above the freezing mark. Don't know if we're supposed to get any more precip today or not. One very proud Packer fan today. Kicking Jerry Jones" butt in his own backyard is a thrill I'll enjoy for awhile.  Have a great day all! ;D
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7371 on: Jan 16, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Came home early from the city. It was just starting to  rain and sleet when the boss went into her appointment. By the time she got out it was icy and getting worse. Snuck through the back streets to avoid the crazy drivers. I stopped at another office of my optometrist and had them cancel my appointment for early after noon at an office in town. I had a pretty good sheet of ice all over the Explorer at that point. 20 miles north it was all gone. Dry pavement when I got home.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7372 on: Jan 17, 2017, 12:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Seems like another short night in the bog, dang hacking :%$#!:

I have been in need of a small trailer to haul the lawn tractors, snowblowers, etc.  I was looking on C list yesterday and found a pretty nice two place aluminum snowmobile trailer. A few texts back and forth and I was on the road to go see it. The bed and plywood were in excellent shape, and the wiring and lights were brand new. The wheel bearings were in need of being replaced, otherwise for the price I got a very good deal. I stopped at a local trailer & hydraulics store and picked up a couple of hubs and two Bearing Buddies on the way home.

Being the night seems to be over, I am going to head out to the garage and pull the wheels and swap things out. Later on this morning I have a few errands and a side job to check out. Thursday is fishing up north, so I am going to charge the Marcum and get my gas auger ready to go.

Good luck to everyone hitting the ice and above all, stay safe! :icefish:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7373 on: Jan 17, 2017, 03:49 AM »
Mornin' Marv, Morning Everyone,
29* on the Hill this am, high of 34 predicted with some ice pellets coming....looks like Tom's weather will be here today.
Marv...congrats on the trailer sounds like you made a good buy! Best wishes on safe and successful trip for the Walters on Thursday.... :thumbsup:
Tom...glad to hear you didn't have to deal with slick roads and crazy drivers all the way home!
Wally...hopefully you'll have good weather for your trip to the Falls area, beautiful place! Enjoy the show.
Jeff...hope the new waters you fished yesterday was a good outing. Always enjoyed trying new waters and a change of scenery...not knowing what might come through the hole!   :thumbsup:

Spent most of yesterday looking on the bigger lots for a truck. Saw a few I liked, giving myself a few more days to reach a decision...not quite ready to pounce on anything yet.
Big turn off was this one aggressive salesman...can't tolerate them.  I don't know what part of " I'm not going to buy a 50K truck" he didn't understand, but he turned my screws enough that I basically told him to take the truck shove it up his A$$...he had an angle and affordable answer for everything with the bells and whistles.
Anyway...today's word of the day at the shop will be for the sharp guy selling 50k trucks....." Loathe ".  ;D
Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all,,be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #7374 on: Jan 17, 2017, 04:17 AM »
Good morning!!

I think Marv messing around with his trailer woke me up!  ;) Good luck "up north."  Lots of walleye pics from the ladies who went ti Red Lake!

Like you, Eddie, I "loathe" those salesmen(women.)  And it doesn't have to be on a car lot either.  I feel like anytime I go out to quickly purchase an item I've done research on there is someone there trying to sell the "bigger is better."   Was looking for a used car when I was newly married at 19.  Got a price from the salesman and went home to think about it.  Mom went back pretending to be interested in the car for herself and they were going to give it to her for a grand less.  Wonder what the price would have been if my stepdad went?!?!  We had a horrible furniture/appliance store who's employees would MOB you when you walked in too.

Did get one bite (by personal pm) from a guy willing to fish with me.  Going to go out on Weds with him.  He'll prob not want to fish with me again after this warm up since I'll prob be floundering around in the slush!!  Does anyone ever wear snowshoes??  He also mentioned his wife may not like him fishing with a chick, I offered to have an interview with her, haha!!  My thread also got hijacked by questions about ice conditions.  Idahogator stepped in and gave the hijackers a spanking and "shame on you!"  Didn't learn anything from the comments I haven't read here already in past threads or other sites.

Enough complaining already, huh??  Should be out fishing Weds, Thurs, Fri...BRING ON THE FISH!  Have a good day everyone!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7375 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:49 AM »

Good morning Marv, Eddie, Mindy, ER's,
                         Marv........It sounds that you got a good deal on the trailer, you are acquiring a menagerie of equipment! :flex:
                         Eddie......I know what you are saying about pushy salespeople, when I went to get my new truck, they didn't
                  have what I wanted in stock. He tried to sell me the more expansive one they did have, I stuck to my guns and made
                  them find one from another dealer. You have to start walking away saying you're going somewhere else. You should
                  see how quickly they change their tune! ???
                         Mindy......I don't see why it would be a problem fishing with a woman, can't a man and a woman be friends without
                  people thinking that there's something going on! Good luck in the tournament!
                         Well yesterday was OK, when we got to the lake my friend was surprised to see how many guys were there and
                  in the area that he wanted to fish, after all it was a holiday and a lot of guys were off from work! So we went out to
                  the middle and set up, Jon bought a Jaw Jacker and wanted to try it out. They work pretty well, a little pricey for me!
                  It was a slow bite but we were able to get some Perch and Crappie, the Perch were slobs, the smallest was 10" and
                  most were in the 12 to 13 inch range!
                         Today is pig slaughter day at MW's, we have three to do.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7376 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:24 AM »
The rain is almost out of here. I got woke up a couple of times last night by the heavy rain hitting the roof. It is still only 32* so who knows how icy it is out there. With the frost in the ground I am expecting it is. We are a forgotten area between TV coverages so they are not much help. Lots of closed schools. My son over on the lake shore said he did not get any ice.

Hopefully this weather goes off into Canada and does not hit you people in New York state.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7377 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:29 AM »
Good Morning folks! Hope every 1 is doing well this tues morning,I myself am stoked harvesting our last 3 pigs.I an going to be very busy for the next 36 hours killing pigs this am have to plow late tonite early tmrw morning then butcher the pigs tmrw after plowing prolly not going to get much sleep,o well is what it is.
Yooper good luck finding a fishing partner hope thus guy works out and hope his wife dosent get jealous.sorry ur thread got hijacked it happens alot on this site lol
Eddie good luck with the truck hunt.I can't stand those pushy sales people either matter of fact when they get to pushy I have a tendency to kind of F with them lead them on then back out...... love to toy with people
WS sounds like u got a good deal on the trailer hope it works well for ya.good luck up north!
Iowa I'm still feeling great about the Pittsburgh win as ugly as it was can't wait to see how the championship games go
TT I would put the shack together and get out there maybe the fish are on fire but no one is fishing so every one thinks the fish aren't biting.glad u made through the ice storm with no problens.
WW glad u had a good and safe trip welcome home! Hope u can make it to the falls for the show.
Capt. Hope the treatments are going well and hope u can find some ice time at some point soon.
Well folks have a great day gotta start getting ready for the harvest

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7378 on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:47 AM »
Morning all,
TT....glad you made it home safely, looks like your freezing rain will be here within a couple hours  :'(  then a half inch of rain later today & another quarter inch tomorrow along with temps in the 40s for the next 10 days or so  >:(  another very strange winter  :blink: :cookoo:
IW/MW....good luck with the pig harvest today. I smell bacon frying  :P
Eddie....pushy salespeople are the worst, especially the ones that continue to annoy you over the phone   :%$#!: I have bought my last 4 vehicles from the same guy, always felt he treated me fairly & never tried steering me toward something I didn't want.
WS....hope the new trailer works out well for you, I'm told you can never have too many "toys"  ;)2
Took a ride yesterday to camp to check on the mouse traps(+1), checked out the lake some people out there, shoreline is lousy   :-\  can't imagine the next week of warm temps & almost an inch of rain will do any good  :(  With no snow on the ice we could sure use a week of COLD but not seeing it any time soon  :unsure: Maybe February will be better  :icefish:
Have a good day doing whatever you're doing. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7379 on: Jan 17, 2017, 08:34 AM »
Monday turned out to be mostly snow removal amounted to about 6 inches, Sunday had picked up a jogging stroller for free, was going to check the tires, and see about moding it to use on the long walks without snow for the sled.  will also look for a bracket to hook it up the the bike.

Got a couple 50's days coming.  Still not seeing any hours at my store.  Will go to the other one, and see what all is left. Might not stay for long, and use some PTO.  Would think mostly clothing.  Guys on FB have been posting pictures of yard long register tickets.

Think the rest of the week or even next will be several days on the ice.  At times I would take a note book and not talk to the sales people at all. make them write anything they had to say.  That and come up with some serious coughing to get them to back off.

Have a great day all.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.