Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1619033 times)

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #7260 on: Jan 05, 2017, 10:57 AM »
Thanks IFF...as usual I drag my feet on making a decision to spend the $$ & miss a opportunity to save a $  :-\

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7261 on: Jan 05, 2017, 12:51 PM »
Good afternoon folks worked graveyard shift on Tues and Wed. now back to hours I've been working the past couple months. Looks like I will be working a couple overnights shifts a week some cleaning work can only be done at that time of day. Before I forget to ask did they put up the cards we need to print out and have in photo entries for the Ice Shanty tournament? I did not see a thread for this last time I searched for one.
Hunts2long glad you got back home safe that is a long day spent with doctors. Hope your wife gets over the pneumonia quickly, surprised her doctors did not give the shot they now have to prevent catching it. I'm in the Newburgh area (Exit 17 on NYS Thruway) if you need info on lodging please message me thinking a winter storm may prevent you from getting home on one of your trips.
Wallyworld if you have a Gander Mountain store near by your location you can look at the Striker Suits. I know the one by me is carring the Climate and Predator models this year. The Climate looks to be the most adaptable suit with removable liner jacket and pants in the bibs . Since Mindy has the Climate suit send her a message and see how she likes it's features . Also get in touch with Deal Ninja since he likes to hunt the internet for bargins.
Iowapackfan be safe and have a good solo trip.
IFF all the best in the tournament. Some crazy temperature shifts forecasted for your area.
Mr.Turkey glad there are no bullet holes in your house. Good luck to your young friend with his job and the property boundaries dispute.
Mindy sounds like you had a fun couple of days fishing  even if no personal best fish were caught by your friend or you. Glad the snow mobile did not give you problems .
Mealworm enjoy your quite day at home. May the winds die off so you can safely burn the brush pile.
Ice Wanderer sorry to hear there was no easy fix for the broken mirror. I did your senior citizen test over in the joke thread. Looks like I need to start taking those memory improvement supplements. ::)
Eddie it will be interesting to see what if anything major changes down in Washington,D.C. over the next 4 years.
Capt.Jim sorry the tile job did not work out sound like you are avoiding major headaches by walking away from this job.
Whopper Stopper have fun working in the garage. You appear to have made a good impression on the "Green Horn" nice of him to give you a phone call.

Stay safe and warm everyone. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7262 on: Jan 05, 2017, 12:59 PM »
Good afternoon ER's  if anyone is in need of a nice little flasher ebay has a Si-tex sh1 unused for 20 bucks with 2 hrs. left on bidding

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7263 on: Jan 05, 2017, 06:07 PM »
Good afternoon, got the snow cleared, made the run to Parks office, got new annual pass, got the boat tags for 2017.  Drove around some check some waters and found some still had open water.  At this rate if those were the only ones I wanted to ice,  I would be thinking not this year, with the up and down temps, and question why do I have all this ice gear, and sell it. 

Will be joining another group and test my perch catching skills in the morning.  I can almost taste some perch tacos. ;D
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7264 on: Jan 06, 2017, 03:28 AM »
Good morning early risers. Snowing very lightly at the moment dusting covering the ground . Cooler temperature forecasted for the next couple of days should help local ice formation .

Have a good and safe Friday folks. best to all fishing today.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7265 on: Jan 06, 2017, 03:53 AM »

Good morning Steve, ER's,
                          Steve.......We had a dusting over night and it's cold out, I know because my cat wouldn't go out!  :o I hope
                  you can get out soon sir!
                          I'm headed out with my son, MW and Jon from NY, we are going to Lake Champlain to target Crappie and
                  Pike.
                         I  have to go So......I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the hard water!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7266 on: Jan 06, 2017, 03:54 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
Snowing and 19* this am, high of 22 predicted for today....TGIF!
Bud...good luck with the perch tacos today!
Steve...hope you can treat yourself to a nice relaxing day on the ice soon, you deserve it!   :thumbsup:
Wally...will keep an eye out on those bibs for you as well, great choice!
Iowa...hope the fishing was good for you on your trip yesterday.
Mindy...keep searching different spots on that lake....you'll find them sooner or later. Good luck next trip!
H2...long day for you and the wife down in the city. Glad to hear the lung is fine!  Best wishes to her today clearing up that pneumonia! Believe we'll be up your way on GSL this weekend.
Jeff...new cabinets, nice!! Good luck today with the boys! Looking forward to your report!    :icefish:
Marv...hope you stayed warm tinkering in the garage yesterday!

Pretty routine day at the job yesterday, not much to report there...getting busy! A few of the guys using cell phones literally all day is becoming an issue, it's actually pitiful....especially with all the staff seeing it.
Might try for some crappie for a few hours after work tonight. I can't seem to get them to cooperate!
Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7267 on: Jan 06, 2017, 05:21 AM »
Good morning all. Made it out on the ice yesterday morning. Glad i did. Caught 15 nice crappie and a couple of decent perch.  A few dinks too. As is my norm i was using plastics for jigging. Also used a tip down with small crappie minnow. Was in 15 fow right over a tree. Hard to keep an eye on the tip down when watching the Fl-18 and rod tip.  ::).  Bite lasted from just before sun up to around 9:30 am then died. Was cloudy to start then the sun showed up. Anyhow heading back there in a couple of minutes. Hope everyone has a great day doing what ever it is that you are doing. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7268 on: Jan 06, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Morning all,
Picked up about 2" fresh snow overnight, looks to be the light fluffy variety, easy clean up  ;D  Temps are taking a nose dive for the next few days so there might be some hope for the lakes freezing up if the winds don't kick up again.
MrC...hope the changing of work hours doesn't last too long, pretty tough on the body  :-\
WS....hope you're keeping warm out there.
Eddie....the cell phone addiction is something else  :blink: :wacko:  I'm surprised more employers don't ban them from the work place. Especially jobs that require some level of focus to avoid injury. Good luck with the crappie today  ;)
IW /MW/UFCreel/IFF....best of luck on the ice fellas, hope you all get into a hot bite today  ;)2
Have a good Friday whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe

PS....I forgot to mention that yesterday I had probably 30 - 40 robins on my front yard  :o :o any place the grass was showing had robins pecking away. They are NOT happy looking this morning with the fresh snow  :%$#!: They are bunched together in a couple of trees. Would have thought they would all be still south  :cookoo:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7269 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:03 AM »
Lost another post GRRRRRR!!!

Temps actually went up over night.  -1* at 11 pm +5 this morning.

ww I forget about northern New York being able to get lake effect snow. All we here about having lake effect is Buffalo. At my old place we used to get a lot of lake effect snow but that has changed. It is coming in off the lake shore further south now. No complaints from me.

I saw my Diabetes doctor yesterday. When I told him about the dermatologist on another outdoor site saying no way my pancreas could have started back working. He chucked and said "I have the proof." He said I could switch to having my primary care doctor take care of my diabetes but after all my diabetic doc has done for me I will stay with him.

Lucked out with my transmission problem. Cost more for the wrecker bill than the fix. A snap ring had come off the side of the tranny causing the leak. Just short of $70 to fix and refill the tranny.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7270 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:08 AM »
good news tt

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7271 on: Jan 06, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Well got out there. Dang cold! 17 below wind chill. The crappie didn't mind. Fished from 6:30am till 10:00am. 25 Crappie went into the bucket. 10 to 12 inchers. Again tip downs and minnows and plastic on the jig rod. 4 degrees when we left. Got some fish to clean. Fish fry tonight. Charlie
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7272 on: Jan 06, 2017, 01:30 PM »
Way to go UFCreel great job @)

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7273 on: Jan 06, 2017, 07:24 PM »
Good Evening, Everyone

Only had a light dusting of snow when I got up-grass was still visible - this next one is supposed to be up to 4inches - Temps. all day hovered near freezing - Road crews are
     out salting and brining in prep. for this one

T.T. - Great News about the diabetes - Glad the transmission was an 'easy fix'

Creel - Nice job filling the bucket - Enjoy

Mrs. W.W. - The robins must have not been listening to the radio when the broadcast went out to head south for the winter

H2L - Great news about the wife - Much continued luck

Mason - The 'boys' won't be happy until the 'Boss' says something about the cellphones

IFF-I.W. - How did you  make out fishing ?

The radiation oncology center called today about 3:30 - my starting time is 7:45 in the morning on Monday, same time 5 days a week, no weekends, for 45 treatments, or
     9 weeks-OH BOY-After a week of vegen. eating, I do have to admit to feeling better and dropping off a few pounds, let's see where this goes, if I can get down to 210, I'll
     be very happy-wife, on the other hand, refuses to give up the 'junk food', oh well

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7274 on: Jan 06, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Glad its fixed Tom, arrived at 7:30, minus 4*,  and huffed the half mile walk out.  Huffed even more on way back as some of it is uphill  :flex: started off with a stocker trout, hit a dead sticked minnow.  Then another stocker trout on my jig, with wax worm.  short move and got into the perch.  the 4 in my group all left with limits, of perch.  Just got mine put away.  Going to avoid the tournament, heard it sold out (1,000) entered.  Will return to the perch instead.  We must have put back 60 smaller ones of the perch. Perch eyeball worked like a charm. 
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7275 on: Jan 07, 2017, 12:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

I just wanted to check in and wish you all a good Saturday.

Good luck to you come Monday Capt., wishing you the best :thumbsup:

Way to go with the fish Creel :clap:

Dang good news from your camp Tom :clap:

Did you make it out fishing after work Eddie?  :icefish: Good luck on your next outing Sir!

The last couple of days have been rough to say the least. The wife went back to work just to find most of the staff sick with the flu. Evidently some of the germs decided to tag along home with her and they jumped off on me :%$#!:. 102 fever that comes and goes, chills and aches have been with me ever since. I just hope she is able to dodge this crap. In the scheme of things I certainly can't complain too much, it will pass.

Good luck if you can get out fishing, stay safe! Drink your orange juice!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7276 on: Jan 07, 2017, 04:54 AM »

Good morning WS, ER's,
                  Marv, I hope you get over the crud fast, rest sir! :flex:
                  Capt.....Good luck on Monday! :thumbsup:
                  Eddie.....Good luck on The Sacandaga! :thumbsup:
                  Our fishing trip yesterday was not as good as we would like to have been, we caught a bunch of dink Perch, Crappie
            and no Pike, only one flag, we left early. On the way home, MW and I checked out our big go to lake and it's almost ready
            make ice! It is -5 here on my hill maybe a little warmer down there but I bet there is some skim ice in some bays this am! :clap:
                  I'm not fishing today, I have to meet my wife in New Hampshire at her sons to do a late Christmas with him and his daughter!
            I'll be home tomorrow.
                  I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7277 on: Jan 07, 2017, 05:37 AM »
Morning all,
Capt.....don't think I could go vegan either, but  :thumbsup: to you. hope the snow isn't too bad.  best of luck on the treatments.
IFF....sounds like you had an awesome day  :clap: :flex: :bow: :thumbsup: great job
IW....safe travels, enjoy the family time  ;) may your next outing be more successful  ;)
WS...hope you're feeling better today sir. I see you're having a heat wave  ;D
TT...good news on the diabetes  :clap: :thumbsup:
Not much happening here....cold has settled in for a few days, no snow in the forecast. But, back near 40 next week & rain again. Mother Nature sure is having a hard time deciding what she wants this winter  :-\
Have a good Saturday. Best of luck to those fishing  :icefish: Stay safe.

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #7278 on: Jan 07, 2017, 07:05 AM »
Cold here also.  Car said 2 above on the way home from work.

Got my trailblazer back from the shop yesterday.  The side they did the work on is nice and shiny and the other side is covered with road salt.  Last time they had it the whole interior was detailed.  Oh well.

Working all this weekend.  Then more fishing in the works.  Will try and get my fishing partner to some more "local" lakes.  I know he wants to get a big walleye at LBDN but I'd rather be able to catch fish to take home for dinner!   ;D

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7279 on: Jan 07, 2017, 09:40 AM »
 ;D Good morning everyone. Went out to a local pond Thur. afternoon, pulled up around 2 doz. gills. Only about 5 or 6 were worth keeping so they're all still swimming. Spent all of yesterday in bed, seems I caught a touch of stomach flu. Feeling better today but think I'll stay inside or I'll never hear the end of it from the wife. ::)  Have a great day all ;D
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7280 on: Jan 07, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Guess I should have gone back out today, I called the one I was to meet at 7:30 at 7 and told him I was passing, got word he in addition to the nice perch he caught a keeper eye  :blink: The cove has about 3" of snow on top, and now looks like it will not be at freezing or below for the next 4 days  :wacko: :unsure: :blink: Maybe hit it Monday.

Heard on the news your not the only one with the flu Packfan.  Hope you shake it quick.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7281 on: Jan 07, 2017, 12:59 PM »
Good afternoon folks currently have light snow falling courtesy of Winter Storm Helena  calling for 1-3 inches by the time storm ends. This storm is giving some of the southern coastal states problems also weather guessers say sections of New England will get 6 inches or more of snow.
Mr.Turkey congrats on the great doctors report, glad the transmission problem was a minor fix.
Capt.Jim hope this storm does not cause major problems for you. All the best with the radiation treatments.
Ice Wanderer may the next fishing trip have better results. Safe travel to and from NH. Enjoy the time spent with your step son and step granddaughter.
Eddie may you have a good day at GSL(aka "The Dead Sea" ) . I know there are trophy class walleye and northern pike in that lake the fun is finding them hence the nick name Dead Sea .
Whopper Stopper,Iowapackfan a quick recovery to both of you from the flu.
UfCreel congratulations on the good fishing trips. How is your knee feeling after all the time out in cold.
Mindy I'm guessing LBDN is a large body of water so it is hard to find fish and their patterns/habits. All the best wherever you make your next trip.
Wallyworld happy you did not get affected by the last round of Lake Effect snow. I heard news reports of the Tug Hill area receiving 2 feet or more of snow. Ditto your post in the What makes you Grumpy thread.
IFF sounds you had to work for them but happy to read your group caught fish to bring home.
 Have a good afternoon and evening everyone. Stay safe ,best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7282 on: Jan 07, 2017, 01:23 PM »
The boss just saw on Face Book that a plane went through the ice on some lake here in Michigan. When have we have had the stupid weather we have had here I guess the pilot fits the weather. STUPID They are not even running quads on our lake.

Edit   I just saw on news it was a 50 year old orthopedic surgeon that wants to stay anonymous. I wonder why. The resident that saved him with a kayak said it had been froze over for only a week

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7283 on: Jan 08, 2017, 05:32 AM »
Morning all,
Well, we're heading out today for Upper Red Lake MN, have reservations for 2 nights later this week in a sleeper house  :clap: :clap: This is a first for us...we're both really excited for the adventure!! My only wish is the -20 temps being forecast would creep up closer to zero  ;D ;D  Anyway can't change it so we're off !!! Wish us luck with the fishies  ;)2
Have a great week everyone. Stay safe.

Thanks again WS.....hope you're feeling better  @)

temps being forecast would creep up closer to zero  :o :o

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7284 on: Jan 08, 2017, 05:47 AM »
Morning folks! missed u all the last few days! Hope every 1 is doing  well.fished with IW on Fri.....fishing sucked was slow with all dink perch and crappie,fished with my #2 and #3 brothers my wife and kids yesterday only had 3 flags and the smelt and cisco bite didn't turn on till afternoon,1 of the flags the only flag that actually had a fish on came on a dead smelt suspended 5' off bottom. I let my 7 year old son take that flag he fought the fish (laker) like a pro,got the fish to the hole and rink line went slack the laker shook him self free.my boy was a bit disappointed but as I explained ur not gonna catch em all.we will get the kids back out next weekend to see if we can redeem ourselves.not much on the agenda today may do some work in the wood yard to get ready to burn brush next week looks like it will be good burning weather.I know I have a few pages of posts to go though but in the mean time
To all those fishing hope u get on some aggressive fish
I hope all that are battling ailments are doing well and hope for a speedy recovery
I hope work isn't dragging any of u fine folks down
To all a great day

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7285 on: Jan 08, 2017, 05:49 AM »
Good luck and safe travels WW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7286 on: Jan 08, 2017, 06:28 AM »
Thanks MW.....sorry to hear your son lost his battle with a nice one, we've all been there a time or two....or three  :'(   
may he have better luck next time  ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7287 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:00 AM »
enjoy your trip WW.  I am going to reduce everything I need to a back pack for a few hours this morning, instead of drag the sled, even though its got smitty skies under it.  The park always plows the trail down to bare concrete.  So if there is no snow or ice half the trip is a real drag.  Especially on the uphill on the way out.  Will start out at about right at 32* and warm up to 50 by noon.  Then beat feet home to put the ham and beans on and watch the Pack go Giant hunting  ;D

MW, Well one flag and getting it to the hole is better than a skunk.  Next time might be a lot better.

Bet that was an expensive trip to the lake for the surgeon Tom
Bud

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7288 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:05 AM »
Good morning all, mr clean the knee is fine in the cold. Where i have a bit of trouble is when kneeling on the ice trying to get up is fun shall we say. As being off all this time has lead to some weight gain. I was always heavy but more so now. Have problems zipping that leg down in my ice fishing suit, same for zipping it up. But i fish with a couple of younger guys who don't mind helping an ageing cripple out! Lol. Once home it is a bit tender. But ice fishing is a sport i love and i think it is helping some. Took my #2 daughter out yesterday. She caught the first crappie. A nice 12 incher. Was really cold again and the fish were just like the other day. Fishing was fast and furious right at sun up. By 8:30 it was dead. So we left by 9:30. total for the day was 21. All released as i still have fish left over from the fish fry and my freezer still has a few packages left in it from last ice fishing season. I only keep fish in the winter. mealworm know that feeling of seeing the fish and poof it is gone. Wallyworld enjoy your trip. It wont be cold in the sleeper. Have a good day to all and have fun with what you are doing. Charlie. Oh as a life long Chicago Bears fan. Go New York Giants!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7289 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:10 AM »
Good Morning Wally, MW, Morning Everyone,
10* with some wind this am, high of 17 predicted here today.
Wally...wishing you a safe trip out to MN and a banner 2 days of fishing!! Don't let the weather discourage you, enjoy the heck of that!! Looking forward to your posts if you can.... :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:
MW...glad you and the family had some action yesterday, too bad about your son losing one at the hole...like Wally mentioned, we've all been there, but it's harder on the kids for sure....better luck next trip!
Jeff...hope you had a nice time NH and safe travels. Hope the next trip for you and the boys is better. Was up your way yesterday on Schroon...same results, dinks!  ;D
Marv...hoping that bug has passed for you and the wife, never good! Any trips planned for this week?
Capt..best wishes tomorrow with the treatments, will keep you in thoughts and prayers!   :thumbsup:
Bud...wtg on the perch!! Plenty of taco's to be made with that haul.... :clap:
Tom...that was great news on the Dr. and your tranny problem fix, excellent!
Steve...how much snow did you get down there? Hope you can get out on the ice soon!
UFC....wtg on the crappies and braving the elements....nice reward for your efforts!   :thumbsup:

Made a change in plans last minute to fish Schroon Lake instead of Sacandaga yesterday....high hopes of starting the year off off with a double digit day of lakers.....fell about 9 short of that goal.   ;D
Marked a gang of fish, had a lot of chasers, but just couldn't get them to commit....maybe next trip. We got over some deep water and fished from 40' to 100', ended up icing 1 keeper lake trout on a tip up suspended 35' over 75'. Had a nice day out there, weather was good and the Adirondack Mtns. were absolutely beautiful at sunrise and throughout the day, life was good yesterday despite the lousy results!
Time for some chores.....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Good morning UFC, Bud....see you posted before mine went through.
GL today Bud....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.