Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1639523 times)

Offline NorthNH603

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #6300 on: Oct 22, 2016, 01:56 PM »
Armstrongs was a mess, good bait shop and the guy knew where everything was but all that clutter around a woodstove was an accident waiting to happen. Any chance you know Steve Hammond from Montague? I would retire in West Michigan if I didn't have so much family in the northeast.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6301 on: Oct 22, 2016, 04:24 PM »

Good afternoon ER's,
                     Look what we're getting up here in the Adirondacks!

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6302 on: Oct 22, 2016, 04:28 PM »
nice sign of things to come

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6303 on: Oct 22, 2016, 04:34 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   
Had snow falling here earlier this afternoon as well Jeff, no accumulation though. Thanks for sharing the pictures...it's coming!!   :icefish:

Offline NorthNH603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6304 on: Oct 22, 2016, 04:58 PM »
That looks real nice IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6305 on: Oct 23, 2016, 03:36 AM »
Good morning everyone, thank you for sharing those pictures, hopefully ice comes soon. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6306 on: Oct 23, 2016, 04:34 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
39* with strong NW winds this am, high of 50 predicted here today.
The Cubs made it into the World Series last night!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  I hope it's their year....108 years is a long time, talk about some die hard fans.....GO CUBS!!   :bow:
Old Sailor...hope you enjoyed your Saturday off, Happy 50th to your SIL. 
Tom...believe you mentioned long johns the other day....I'll be wearing a pair of my lightweights today to the pumpkin patch if these winds don't lay down.

Got a start on the Smitty sleds yesterday, took all the hardware off the ski's and started gathering up some materials. Grandpa duties came quicker than expected, so they got put on hold, plenty of time left to complete.
Traditional family outing to the pumpkin patch later this morning...always a good time regardless of weather.
The cawfee's on....catch up to you all later today!
Have a great day, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6307 on: Oct 23, 2016, 04:44 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Icefisher, ER's,
                       My brother has season tickets to the cubs, he said if they get in he's going to at least one game! :thumbsup:
                       Windy here on my hill as well!
                       OS......Happy 50th.
                       Tom.....It's too early for me to put on long johns, I try to hold off till December 1st.
                       Eddie.....Sounds like you got a good start on the Smitty, I should think about building one!
                       I hope everyone one enjoys their Sunday either at work or hunting or fishing!

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #6308 on: Oct 23, 2016, 06:32 AM »
IW, that was my SIL's 50th you understand! Mine is 20+ years in the past!!!  ;) It was nice having A Saturday off, except the Buckeyes lost to Penn State!  :o I hope all of those of you who got snow had no problems because of it!! I hope everyone has a great day doing whatever they chose to do and GO CUBS!!!!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6309 on: Oct 23, 2016, 06:39 AM »
Morning all,
No rain today..just windy and raw!! Should help dry out the leaves on the ground. Definitely need to get after them here at home again in the next day or two. Always try to clear them up in stages, way too many to tackle all at once. Then it will be time to work on the leaves at camp...lots of maple trees there too. Luckily hunting camp doesn't have much in the way of trees outside of the woods. Raking is not my favorite outside activity :-\
Eddie....have fun at the pumpkin farm today. Enjoy the family time  ;)
IW/MW/Raquette......how much snow did you end up getting? It stayed rain here all day. Mr WW said it was snowing like crazy at hunting camp (in the hills of Otsego Co) :woot:
North....hope you survived the day yesterday & your girls found something to do besides fight with each other  :flex:
Have a good Sunday all, whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6310 on: Oct 23, 2016, 06:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I slept in today, I must have been tired. Yesterday we got a lot of things done. I made it to the shack and put a bridge across a creek that makes crossing with the 4 wheeler a nightmare. After that I put a ladder stand up at the far end of my property. I have never used one so it was an adventure in its self. I had help from the girls and we finally got it raised. It's 21 feet high so it took a little rigging to get it installed but i think now if I had to, I could do it alone. It sure is comfortable, I can see fighting naps may be a problem ;D

When we got home I looked around the yard and noticed all the leaves from the maples on the ground. I also have a few elms and locust that are holding their leaves tight. I started sucking and finally finished right at dark, 4 loads. I will need to do it one more time when the rest hit the ground.

Have fun at the pumpkin patch Eddie! Sounds like a good time :thumbsup:

Nice pictures IW, it won't be long here.

This coming week will be a long one, mostly because of anticipation.

Have a nice Sunday everyone! Be safe.

WS

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6311 on: Oct 23, 2016, 07:54 AM »
 ;D ;D Good morning all. Dodger fan myself but congrats to the cubs and their fans, I'll be cheering for them in the series.  Finally got out yesterday afternoon for some crappie fishing.  Pulled in 5 nice slabs 11-12 in. and a couple really nice gills (sorry no pics). Was a great day to be outdoors doing what I like best. Have a great day all! ;D ;D
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6312 on: Oct 23, 2016, 07:59 AM »
Had a great BD party yesterday. When you get this mixed family together it can get pretty wild. They kept offering me one or another of these fancy craft beers. I am a regular beer man not some thing with chocolate or other stuff added to it. Same with food I am a meat and potatoes man which my DIL did a great job on the pot roast carrots and potatoes.

The other birthday we were celebrating besides the bosses was the gal that was the home care nurse for the bosses late disabled veteran husband that has become like one of the family.

Eddie I did not take a coat with me yesterday and did not think the car would ever warm up on the way home.

WW I just looked at the back yard and it is a disaster with leaves again that all come from the neighboring property. These will get blown back to the property they came from. I gave up on raking leaves years ago. I blow every bit I can. I only use a rake to put the leaves on a tarp to haul them to the pile in the back corner of the property.

North That name does not ring a bell but I have not been around Montague much for quite a while.

WS You would never get me that high in a stand. 10 feet up in my tower blind is high enough but that height is a piece of cake for you.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6313 on: Oct 23, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Hello all, Made it back home last night. At Pikes peak we made it up to quite a way. They closed the road because they had 95 plus mile an hour winds. And they were up there rescuing hikers. Rocky Mountain National Park was cool too. We got to see Elk and lots of deer. Snow up there and on almost all the high peaks.The views were spectacular. After leaving Brighton Colorado and our good friends. My better half and I looked at each other and said go home or keep on going. Well right up to Custer National Cemetery. AKA Little Big Horn. Montana. I always wanted to go there. I was not disappointed. It is a place that one just has to be there to describe. Wish I could have gotten around a little more. Then one for the wife. Devils Tower Wyoming. I only was able to make it to the base of the Tower. I told my wife go explore and that is what she did. It was neat place and something to see. On to Mount Rushmore South Dakota. Lucked out as we got there after five pm. Free to get in. Really awesome. After seeing it. I openly wondered aloud How anyone could vote for Clinton. Several around me concurred. Spent the night in Custer South Dakota. Then in the morning we headed into Custer State Park. Absolutely spectacular! I highly recommend it. But defiantly pull off the main road and drive the gravel back roads. Many critters and views to see. Then drove up into the Needles. Again a must go. Sure wish my knee was all healed . As I would have been climbing all over the place. From there we headed home. Ava the pup did real well on the trip. This next week is doctors and sitting around. Stay safe and have fun doing what your doing. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #6314 on: Oct 23, 2016, 07:51 PM »
Finally got out fishing again!!!  Had to get some stabilizer for the gas and run it thru the motor.  Used a jig and cutbait from this spring.  Had a tap then nothing for a while.  Friend had a bite and I got mine on my next cast.  22inch coho...tasted mighty good!!  That was it, no other bites.  Rained and was a little chilly but I had my Striker climate gear on!!  Just need some water resistant gloves!!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6315 on: Oct 24, 2016, 02:47 AM »
Good morning ERs.  Got my fishing pontoon out of the lake yesterday and will winterize as weather and time permit in the next week or two.  Always a bit of a downer, but now the anticipation for ice really begins!   I brined and smoked a small king salmon over the weekend too that was gifted by my employee who was fishing in Pulaski.  I should have rinsed after the brine.  It's on the salty side alone, but made a killer cream cheese and dill salmon spread.  Vac packed and froze the rest to use over the holidays.  Sure was a nice day here yesterday to be outside and smoking a fish.

My dad's biopsy results weren't good and an MRI on Thursday showed spots on his spine as well.  He did get home on Friday and is doing as well as can be expected I guess.  He has a follow up appointment today with his urologist/surgeon and another with an oncologist on Wednesday.  Should have a better grasp of the prognosis and treatment options by the end of the week, but it's not looking good.  Well just take it a day at a time.  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Hope everyone has a safe and productive Monday.   Bring on the ice!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6316 on: Oct 24, 2016, 03:07 AM »
Good morning Everyone! :bow:

Sorry to hear your news Mark. Extended prayers to you, your Dad and entire family from Minnesota.

Wow what a fun trip Mr. Creel, Thanks for sharing, sounded like a fantastic time even with your limited mobility. Good for you! :clap:

I am with you Tom, meat and potatoes is what I love to eat. Sometimes my wife tries some new dishes and some are OK, but often a dang tater and a hunk of beef would have been much better.

Beautiful fish Yooper! :thumbsup:

It is fun seeing the return of old friends to the forum and reading their posts. The season is almost here.

Yesterday I spent most of the day putting away some summer stuff and getting together some winter things. I held off for the time being on hooking up the snowblower, but it won’t be long.

Hope you all have an excellent Monday. Good luck to all on the water or in the woods but most importantly stay safe.

I am off to the jungle which I am sure will be the start of a grueling week.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6317 on: Oct 24, 2016, 03:50 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Mark, Morning Everyone,
42* and overcast this am, high of 46 expected here today. Winds have finally calmed down anyway.
Mark...sorry to read that news about your Dad. Will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers as well today Sir.
Marv...have a safe day in the jungle today. Hoping this week fly's by for you....got a good feeling that new stand will produce!  Hope the bridge holds up well for you....:thumbsup:
Mindy...nice coho!! Thanks for the picture.... :clap: :thumbsup:
UFC...sounds like an awesome trip you had, you covered some miles!! Welcome back and hope to see a few pictures at some point.... :thumbsup:
Jeff/MW.....did you guys get a chance to go hunting yesterday?

Didn't charge the battery last night, so hoping I have enough juice to finish the reply....lol.
Had a great time with the family at the pumpkin patch yesterday. Prices were up again, but that's to he expected I guess. Cider doughnuts were $8 a bakers dozen, $7.25/gl cider, pumpkins $.50/lb., $3 per person to enter in each vehicle, but if you bought 35lbs. or more, they reimbursed the parking/entry fee.
Back to the Mansion today.....
Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6318 on: Oct 24, 2016, 05:14 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       Eddie.......I didn't get out yesterday, my #3 son called and he didn't have any heat on the second floor. So
               I went over, at first I thought he had air in that zone, I tried purging the zone but couldn't get water to flow, so I
               cut out the flow control valve, it seemed Ok but went to town and got a new one and some fittings to make the
               repair. When we shut down the first floor zone one of the valves was a gate valve and the packing leaked, so we
               put a new ball valve in it's place. After getting all the fittings in place we still couldn't get the water to flow. So I
               got the idea to hook up a garden hose to the purge valve and push water back through the zone. When we did
               the water was very dirty. He had flushed his system not to long ago, so it was plugged with rust from the cast iron
               boiler. He now has heat! :flex:
                       Ninja........I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I hope they can figure out exactly what's going on and get him
               fixed up!
                       Mindy.......Nice Coho, they sure do taste good. :clap:
                       Marv.......I bet you can't wait for this week to end, so you can get in to that ladder stand! :woot:
                       Creel.......You really had an awesome trip, we have so many great places to see in our country! :thumbsup:
                       I hope everyone has a great Monday either at work or out in the woods or fishing. It's leaf cleaning day again
              for me! I have to keep up with it!

IW

Offline NorthNH603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6319 on: Oct 24, 2016, 05:41 AM »
Good Morning All,

Was cold here yesterday, maintained about 35 degrees but no snow. Its a good sign things are getting started.

Ninja- Sorry to hear about your dads results. My family's thoughts are with your family.

Yooper- Nice looking fish!

Any hunters have any luck? Next weekend is the Maine locals opener. I have a few nice deer roaming behind my shop, hoping to hit it hard in the morning and afternoon.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6320 on: Oct 24, 2016, 06:15 AM »
Good morning early risers. I made some notes so think I'm updated on what everyone has been doing over the weekend.
Mealworm were you able to install any gates on Saturday? How did the hog butchering go ,do you smoke any of the meat or just refrigerate or freeze.
OldSailor glad everyone ha a good time at your SIL's 50 TH birthday party.
NorthNH603 ditto Wallyworld's comments about your daughters. How were the nachos you posted about in the not Grumpy thread .
Whooper Stopper sounds like you and the girls got all the projects completed at the shanty. Hope you have a safety harness in case you do take a nap in the new ladder stand.
Mr.Turkey nice of you and the family to included Bosses former husband's care taker in the Bday celebrations. Happy to read your grandson enjoys his job .
UFCreel quite the trip glad Ava handles traveling with no problems. I have been to a couple of the places you visited have relatives in Casper ,Wyoming. You really get a good feel for rural America when you take the local/back roads in the western states,
Mindy nice Coho ,just curious how does an I.C.U. nurse get so much time away from her job. The majority of hospitals in my area have a shortage of nurses.
Deal Ninja/Mark sorry things don't look so great for your father. I will keep him ,you and your family in my prayers.
Iowapackfan congrats on the crappies.
Ice wanderer how much snow fall did you end up with in your area? Lucky for son #3 you have plumbing knowledge sounds like quite the project to repair heat problem.
Eddie the cider,cider doughnut and pumpkin price per pound sound similar to my area. Does this places have hay rides, mazes,etc. that they are charging $3 dollars a person?

Have a good Monday folks. best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6321 on: Oct 24, 2016, 06:16 AM »
Good morning everyone, 40 degrees this morning. Suppose to be in the 40s this week so hopefully cooler weather will be coming. Ninja sorry to hear about your dad, you and your family are in our prayers. Hope everyone has a great and safe day. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6322 on: Oct 24, 2016, 06:30 AM »
Good morning early risers. I made some notes so think I'm updated on what everyone has been doing over the weekend.
Mealworm were you able to install any gates on Saturday? How did the hog butchering go ,do you smoke any of the meat or just refrigerate or freeze.
OldSailor glad everyone ha a good time at your SIL's 50 TH birthday party.
NorthNH603 ditto Wallyworld's comments about your daughters. How were the nachos you posted about in the not Grumpy thread .
Whooper Stopper sounds like you and the girls got all the projects completed at the shanty. Hope you have a safety harness in case you do take a nap in the new ladder stand.
Mr.Turkey nice of you and the family to included Bosses former husband's care taker in the Bday celebrations. Happy to read your grandson enjoys his job .
UFCreel quite the trip glad Ava handles traveling with no problems. I have been to a couple of the places you visited have relatives in Casper ,Wyoming. You really get a good feel for rural America when you take the local/back roads in the western states,
Mindy nice Coho ,just curious how does an I.C.U. nurse get so much time away from her job. The majority of hospitals in my area have a shortage of nurses.
Deal Ninja/Mark sorry things don't look so great for your father. I will keep him ,you and your family in my prayers.
Iowapackfan congrats on the crappies.
Ice wanderer how much snow fall did you end up with in your area? Lucky for son #3 you have plumbing knowledge sounds like quite the project to repair heat problem.
Eddie the cider,cider doughnut and pumpkin price per pound sound similar to my area. Does this places have hay rides, mazes,etc. that they are charging $3 dollars a person?

Have a good Monday folks. best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Steve......We got about 2.5 inches!

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #6323 on: Oct 24, 2016, 07:08 AM »
Steve, I'm very "part-time" haha!!  I'm hired as a 0.6 which is 6 nights out of a 2 week period.  We've had a lot of travelling nurses lately so staff hasn't had to pick up.  I haven't added any extra days to my schedule but I do add 2-4 four hr blocks in front of my scheduled shift to help out anf for the $$.  If i worked scheduled 12 hr shifts I'd be there even less but wouldn't get OT unless I had 40 hrs in.  If I take 2 days off I end up with 10 days in a row off, that's what I've been doing to go to my sister's.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6324 on: Oct 24, 2016, 09:34 AM »
Morning all,
Ninja....so sorry to hear things didn't turn out so good for your Dad. Cherish every moment you have with your Dad. Thoughts & prayers to you & all your loved ones.
WS.....may the next 3 days pass quickly for you  ;)
IW....same here with the leaves, try to keep up with them, but all this rain or snow sure makes it tough :-\
Eddie....seems every year the price of apples, cider and the like go up. It's always blamed on the weather, maybe one of these years there will be a bumper crop and the orchards will lower their prices......yeah sure ;D ;D  Glad you and the family had a nice time.
UFC....sounds like an awesome trip :thumbsup: Hoping to make it out that way sometime this summer.
TT....glad the b-day party turned out so well. guess the old cliche' of " the more the merrier" holds true for you & the extended family :clap: :thumbsup:
MrC....hope it hasn't been too tough getting back in the swing of things after vacation. I know working night shifts it can be difficult to get readjusted after being "normal" for a few days.
Have a great day all. Stay safe.

Offline WhiteMTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6325 on: Oct 24, 2016, 11:00 AM »
After the year I've had I'm going ice fishing as much as possible this winter. I lost my job over a year ago due to hip issues. I couldnt hunt or ice fish at all last year due to pain. I tried ice fishing on a cane but that didn't work. Spent most of the past year on the couch. Got one hip replaced in march and the other one last month. 2 weeks after surgery our house burned down, that was 3 weeks ago. Luckily my ice fishing gear was in tha garage and survived. Now we're all moved into a new home, my hips are getting stronger every day, and I'm not working all winter. I'm going to make up for lost time. just got a power auger and I plan on fishing almost every day. I suppose I'm going to have to get a job after the winter so I won't have this much time free again until I retire.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6326 on: Oct 24, 2016, 12:14 PM »
Sorry to hear about all the bad luck there WhiteMtfish. Hope you have a really fantastic ice fishing season. I just semi-retired this past April and now working three 8 hr. nights. I did MUCH more fishing this past summer and plan on much the same this winter. BRING ON THE ICE! @) ;D @) ;D @)
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6327 on: Oct 24, 2016, 04:19 PM »
WhiteMtfish.....Hope all the bad stuff is behind you now & may lady luck shine down on you from here on out  ;)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6328 on: Oct 25, 2016, 02:20 AM »
Good morning everyone, I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6329 on: Oct 25, 2016, 02:59 AM »
Good morning icefisher! Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Very sorry to hear about your bad run of luck WhiteMtfish. Like the others, I hope it is all behind you!

Good going on the fix for #3 IW. I bet he was pretty happy having you come to the rescue.

What’s the word today Eddie? Hope you have a good day at the mansion Sir!

Yesterday was about as expected, nothing like a good kick in the pants to start the week. Nothing noteworthy to mention regarding the crew, they were actually quiet ???

Today we are heading across town to another town home and 68 trees to trim. It sounds like some of them are pretty good size, I am sure it will be a long one.

Good luck and safe going to all! Time to point the Buick south.

Good Morning Eddie, mr.clean! I see you guys are preparing your morning report down the hall!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.