Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608166 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #6030 on: Sep 25, 2016, 07:25 AM »
Mealworm

There is going to be millions of cords of ash here that is just going to rot as you can not get to it in the swamps. I have watched the leaves turn brown on more and more ash this summer. There is no stopping the Ash Boer. A lot of the ash that has died does not need splitting.

I got into the die off of the resurgence of American Elm after Dutch Elm disease years ago. It is some of the best burning wood I have ever used. Hard cutting and splitting but it just glows in the wood furnace. There were times I had to pull what reminded me of the clinkers from burning coal out of the furnace.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6031 on: Sep 25, 2016, 07:39 AM »
 ;D Good morning all. Got back from Minn. last night. New grand daughter is just a little sweetheart. Little miss Lennon Holstad. Can't wait to take her fishing with grandpa.
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6032 on: Sep 25, 2016, 08:01 AM »
Good morning everyone, want to gripe as well. Now high school football players are kneeling during the National Anthem. What is this country coming to. Adults and kids have no respect. Whatever happened to morals? Hope everyone has a great day. Temperature finally dropped below 40 degrees last night. Hope everyone has a great day. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6033 on: Sep 25, 2016, 08:54 AM »

Good morning again,
                           I just got a call from my brother and sounds good for what he went through. He said he's a little sore and that's to be
                   expected, he should be getting out of ICU Tuesday, Oh when I answered the phone his first words were "Well I made it"
                   That's good sign that he still has a sense of humor. I want to thank you all again for the prayers for him. I told that everyone
                   on Ice Shanty was pulling for him. He could believe it. Thanks again!

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6034 on: Sep 25, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Afternoon?  Guess so.. ;D   First day in jeans cutting some wood and it feels good..
Started the morning with a stop to get the paper and on to the friendly bakery to get donuts , some tomato pie and buns for dinner...

Than I started a crockpot of sausage and peppers for those fresh rolls...    ;D ;D

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6035 on: Sep 25, 2016, 01:24 PM »
Excellent pictures Raquettedacker :clap: :clap: :clap:

YUM!

WS

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6036 on: Sep 25, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Wow dacker that looks amazing good eats fir sure

Tomturkey
Those ash bores are nasty bugs I haven't seen many mostly i c carpenter ants in the wood around.beach trees dont do well here in the in the adirondacks as they get beach blight also the dutch elm disease seems to still be kicking around not that there's many elms left (like u said prolly 1 of the best types of fire wood) my brother has a bunch of elms that actuality went down hill and died in just a few months if I'm not mistaken Dutch elm is caused by a beetle as well.1 thing I don't understand the DEC regulates fire wood traveling more than 50 miles the way a crow flies that's for home heating wood and camp wood.yet the paper mills can bring logs in with no restrictions 2 local mills are buying wood from conn.mass.NH and Maine I'm sure there are plenty of critters in that wood. also they r paying half what they paid to local loggers a lot of local loggers r struggling at this point

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #6037 on: Sep 25, 2016, 07:15 PM »
Evening, everyone

Gorgeous Day - Bright Sunshine, never broke 70*, very low humidity; that is all to change tomorrow so I am told

RaqDack - 2 sandwiches to go, please

I.W. - Glad to hear the Bro. is thru the worst of it, yours tomorrow(Monday) should be a 'walk in the park', Good Luck

Mindy - when it gets done, think of how beautiful the house will be for the new owners when/if you sell, good job

I.P.F. - May she outfish you from the start

Still can't figure out why relatives have to bother me on the weekend to do things when they know I have slack time during the week, couldn't find time to work on the sleds
     this weekend, guess the timing isn't right yet for me to work on them, it better be soon thou, the 'season' is getting closer; tomorrow, the wife wants to do Penn.Dutch
     country for the day, now that she has ALL this free time recouping with the shoulder, day trips are becoming a frequent thing, I can't wait for the group to go to 'Cabo'
     so me and the dogs can have some 'peace and quiet', no, I'm not going this time, the dogs are NOT going to stay at a kennel, the beagle has 'separation anxiety' when
     #1 step-daughter is nowhere to be found, it is 10 years #1 has been married, I can see the pictures of all the fun when they get back, besides 'Cabo' was starting to
     get boring to me, anyway

Be Safe - Have Fun
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6038 on: Sep 26, 2016, 02:53 AM »
Good Monday Morning Everyone! :bow:

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I am running late this morning but wanted to wish IW good luck on his surgery this morning. Hope the procedure and recovery all go well :thumbsup:

I was also sorry to see that Arnie Palmer passed away. Though I never followed golf, he always seemed like one of the “Good Guys”.

Time to fire up the Buick and point it toward the jungle for another day of fun and games.

Good luck to those fishing, and be safe if you are heading for work.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6039 on: Sep 26, 2016, 03:39 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Bud, Morning Everyone,
37*  and clear this am, high of 64 expected here today... :thumbsup:
Coyotes yipping up a storm this morning driving my dogs crazy.
Jeff...ditto Marv's reply....Best wishes on your surgery today and a speedy recovery! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today Sir.   :thumbsup:
Marv...hope you and the crew have a safe day today in the jungle. Did your brother see any good bucks at the shack?
Bud...late evening or early morning?  ;D.  Good luck today if your fishing Sir!
Capt...enjoy your day trip today with your wife...then get building!!   ;D
Dom...I can smell the sausage and pep's from here!!  Yum.... :clap: :thumbsup:
IPF....Welcome back from your visit and congrats again on your granddaughter, sounds like a keeper to me!!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Driving around yesterday, the trees are starting to really show their fall beauty. On the way to my transfer station yesterday morning, had a grouse cross the road, two does a bit further down the line and a small group of turkeys on the way back. It's small things like this that make my day complete sometimes....sure hope the old country roads never change.
Believe we'll be on the marble crew today at the Plaza, nice change of pace.
Well, time to get ready for 40 more hours.....cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6040 on: Sep 26, 2016, 03:47 AM »
Both Eddie.  Still pondering what to do with my Blazer tires, I have a set of extra rims, so think I will have the set of studded tires a neighbor gave up on that are the right size, and squeeze out another winter with them, and get at least another set, to change over too, when I should be taking the winter ones off.  Don't have to go to a tire shop, have floor jacks and impact wrenches to rotate or whatever ;D ;D  :flex: :flex:

Right about Dom's cooking pictures, are we sure hes not a commercial cook some where besides the green thumb ?  Makes me what to raid the refrigerator every time he posts a picture.
Bud

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6041 on: Sep 26, 2016, 04:21 AM »
Morning ERs.  Boy did I get my face and neck sunburnt yesterday on the lake.  Was not even thinking about the sun with the cool temps.  Yeeouch!   Back to the grind today.  I want to wish IW good luck today.  Hoping all goes well.  Have a safe and productive day everyone.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6042 on: Sep 26, 2016, 05:32 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      Dom..........Those sausage and peppers are one of my favorites, it sure looks delicious! :thumbsup:
                      WS.........Good luck in the jungle today, have things started to dry out? ???
                      Bud........How are things going at the new store? Good luck if you get on the water! ;D
                      Eddie.......I've seen a lot of Turkeys around here as well, the cooler temps seem to make them move a lot!
                      I want to thank everyone on my well wishes on my surgery, like the Capt. said it's a walk in the park compared
              to what my brother went through!
                      Capt. I hope you get the time to do the sled building.
                      I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6043 on: Sep 26, 2016, 05:38 AM »
Good morning early risers. I was falling asleep while reading posts here on I.S. yesterday morning so went to bed with out posting for the day. I have made notes so that I call reply and keep track of what is going on in everyones life's.
Marknixon glad you finally got your fishing trip in and caught a few crappie. I find Aloe Vera lotion helps relieve any pain from sun burn also avoid your after shave lotion if it has a high alcohol content will only irritate your sun burned skin.
Wallyworld how was the balloon festival did you make a side trip to Fish 307 in Lake George ? I'm back to normal work week of 40 or less hours. My work schedule is slightly varied this week one person on vacation.
Mealworm understand your anger at pro. and other athletes protesting the National anthem . Interesting point about the firewood transport regulations who knows what is being brought into NY. with the logs headed to paper mills.
IFF happy to read your home suffered no wind damage.  Hope you get the electrical system issues sorted out, congratulations on geeting the walleye and other fish.
Mindy keep plugging away at the home renovations you will complete the project eventually. Sorry to read about the pipes in your grandma's house since the house is not occupied I thought you were going to say someone broke in and stole the plumbing so they could sell the copper. Also have a suggestion for you have you thought of asking the doctor friend you pet/house sit for to watch timber when you visit your sister. If I remember correctly he gets along well with her dogs.
Whooper Stopper I'm impressed that your brother is out bow hunting  glad he is having such a good recovery. good luck and safe hunting to both of you this season.
Ice Wanderer may all go well for you today and a quick recovery so you can get out on the ice this year. Happy to read your brother is doing well after his surgery.
Tom Turkey sounds like the deer blind roof replacement turned into a minor project. All the best for you son and you this deer season.
Eddie have a good time working with the marble know you like to do different masonry jobs. Looks like you had a good weekend between your son's visit and pet sitting.
Iowapackfan you sound like a proud grandpa enjoy the time you get to spend with your newest granddaughter.
Raquettedacker good looking sausage and peppers. You make good use of your vegetable garden.
Capt. Jim  have a safe trip to the Penn. Dutch area of Pa. see if you can make a side trip to Cabelas store in Hamburg.

Have a safe a good day folks stay alert it appears we are having an out break of public mass shooting yet again here in the u.S.A. . Best to all hunting and fishing.
Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6044 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:18 AM »
good morning ER's      IW have a smooth surgery today

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6045 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:22 AM »
Good morning everyone, 33 degrees here. Suppose to be in the 60s today. Nice to see cooler weather coming. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6046 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:56 AM »
Morning all,
IW....best of luck with today's surgery. Wishes for a speedy recovery to you & your brother.
Eddie...nothing much compares to a nice fall drive, the changing leaves & wandering wildlife....priceless ;) Have a good day at work....would love to see some pics sometime.
Mealworm....totally agree with your feelings on the ball players protests >:( There's a time & place for protest, the national anthem is neither. Maybe these guys should use some of the millions of $ they get paid to educate people on their cause.
Raquette....Yum is all I can say  ;D
Capt.....have fun shopping  ;D
Mr C.....the balloons never took flight Saturday nite, the wind never died down enough  :-\ had a beautiful day Sat & Sun for the bike tho and enjoyed walking around the field checking out the vendors. I was amazed how many people were there  :o  They had quite the traffic jam once the announcement of no flights was made around 6:00!! Thought there might be some fists flying before it got cleared up  :flex: :nono: Being on the bike, we just waited for the mess to get straightened out before even attempting to leave.
Hope everyone has a good day whatever's on your plate. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6047 on: Sep 26, 2016, 09:04 AM »
Jeff only thing to add is back to part time for me, full day today, and Saturday is whats scheduled.  I'm sure Mrs will have something to say about the days off   Have to be on my way in about 10 minutes.

Have a great day all.
Bud

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6048 on: Sep 26, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Hello everyone.  I had asked and finally been granted a name change from marknixon to Deal Ninja.  That's what the icefishingdeals guy called me a few months ago and continues to call me.  I like the new name and hope it's appropriate!  Just wanted my buds to know the scoop!  I am Deal Ninja!   ;D  Thank you very much Raquettedacker for helping me out!  Very much apppreciated!!!  :)

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6049 on: Sep 26, 2016, 08:54 PM »
Hello everyone.  I had asked and finally been granted a name change from marknixon to Deal Ninja.  That's what the icefishingdeals guy called me a few months ago and continues to call me.  I like the new name and hope it's appropriate!  Just wanted my buds to know the scoop!  I am Deal Ninja!   ;D  Thank you very much Raquettedacker for helping me out!  Very much apppreciated!!!  :)

Deal Ninja you are.. I've seen your previous posts..

Thanks for all the heads up!

<°)))>{

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6050 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:10 AM »
Just woke up from one of my daily naps,  guess I kicked the covers off and got cold, down to 49* already, decided to get a coffee, and take a peek at the weather around as I missed what the guessers had to say.  See its dropping into the 40's, with 35 at higher elevations, Flood warning for LaCrosse, WI  ??? ::)  And 4 days of rain racing to put out Rgfixit's fire pit.  Might as well leave the coffee on for the next of the morning crew, take another nap and see what I can get done in the way of fall cleanup when it warms up some. 

Morning Jeff, Da Ninja
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6051 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           This might take me some time, I'm typing left handed and one finger!
                           My surgery went very smoothly as I expected. The surgeon said that the tunnel was very tight and
                   I should notice improvement in time. Well after surgery my fingers were still tingling but after I got home
                   and things were wearing off the tingling stopped. I have some pain from the incision but not bad enough
                   to have to take any pain meds., they gave me some Hydrocodone. I return next Tuesday for a dressing change
                   then in another week stitches come out.
                          Deal Ninja.....It doesn't matter what they call you, you're still the same person!
                          Bud.......I don't know if you like the time off or not, but I thought you worked there to get the discounts
                  so you could do more fishing!
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6052 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:54 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Bud, Morning Everyone,
54* and light rain, high of 70 expected today.
Jeff...glad the surgery went well and hope the healing process goes just as smoothly.  :clap: :thumbsup:  Hopefully you dont develope a callus on that left pointer....have a good morning!
Bud...thanks for the cup of Joe! The rain will be a welcome here for some...it's been super dry and although doubtful, I'd hate to see my well run dry!
Mark....Deal Ninja works for me!  :thumbsup:
Wally...glad you had a nice time, weather, and ride in the LG region....beautiful area! That's too bad the balloons were grounded, but better safe than sorry right?
Steve...nice job with the notes....believe you covered all the bases!!  ;D  :thumbsup:

Well, round one of the Presidential Debates is over....I fell asleep about, well, not exactly sure how far into it. Will catch up on that this morning.
Had a pleasant day on the job site yesterday working with the marble crew....back with them again today.
Short on time this am, so will catch up to all of you this evening!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6053 on: Sep 27, 2016, 04:13 AM »
Good morning early risers. Ice Wanderer glad your surgery went well may you have a speedy recovery. Mr.Nixon the new screen name fits you ,happy deal hunting.
IFF have a good nap hope you can get back to sleep especially if you have to work at Gander later today.
Eddie have a good day at work ,the notes did help in replying to others posts.
Wallyworld sorry the weather prevented the balloons from flying . I agree with Eddie very scenic area of the state.

Have a good day .best to all hunting and fishing.
Steve

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6054 on: Sep 27, 2016, 04:18 AM »
Morning one and all!  IW, glad to hear everything went well and you're back in the game!  Hope for a speedy heal up!  ;)  Just don't overdo and listen to the Doc.  Looks like we finally have a full week of cool weather ahead.  ;D  I sure enjoy sleeping with the windows open and waking to a little chill in the air.  Hope everyone has a safe and productive Tuesday.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6055 on: Sep 27, 2016, 04:26 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like the cooler weather is going away. Suppose to be a rainy day in the 70s. Hope everyone has a good day and a safe one. :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6056 on: Sep 27, 2016, 07:29 AM »
Looks like a wet next couple of days. Cold enough in the house last night that I had to get up and find an extra blanket last night. Have not turned on the heat YET but it is coming sooner than later.

I finally built a new mail box post yesterday. The old one has been hanging by a thread for longer than I care to admit.  I will replace it after Saturdays delivery as I need to sand and paint the old box. I will drive a fence post tight to the new post on the back side to keep the snow plow from breaking it off. KNOCK ON WOOD.

IW    Being one handed is an experience. I have had to contend with it a few times having hand surgeries. I have enough trouble typing with both hands.

wallyworld One of the members on an another outdoor site just posted some pictures of the fish they caught in AK. They had a nice bunch of eater size halibut hanging along with a bunch of other fish in a pile on the dock. I will have to look and see it was the same place you were at.
I just looked. It was at Seward also. He also showed a lot of salmon and steelies they caught fishing the rivers on the Kenai peninsula.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #6057 on: Sep 27, 2016, 10:37 AM »
Morning, All

Light rain, high is supposed to be near 75*, doesn't feel humid

I.W. - Glad it went O.K. - When 'mama' had hers done a few years back, the worst part was the P.T. for her, ask the Dr. at next visit about 'trigger finger', what it is and what
     causes it

I.F.F. - There is always some thing to do, puttering with the 'gear' is a good way to pass the time

T.T. - Put a lolly column in front of the mailbox, that should rattle some teeth if it gets hit

Ninja - Check out Craig's List for eastern PA.'s different areas, some interesting things on sale when you search 'ice fishing'

W.S. - How goes the battle for peace, justice, and the 'American' way ?

Mrs. W.W. -
Clean -         Good Morning
Mason -

The day trip to Penn. Dutch country yesterday went well, no real shopping, just some veggies, lunch at the giant buffet in Shady Maple, quiet and relaxing drive just the 2 of
     us, dog watched by #1 stepdaughter so we didn't have to worry about her

Laundry detail awaits, and the sleds

Be Safe- Have Fun
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6058 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:44 PM »
Afternoon all,
TT...yes, Seward is quite the popular fishing area. We opted to not do the halibut fishing this trip & instead did only the 1/2 day charter. There was no salmon around when we were there. Apparently they are running behind somewhat.
IW...glad to see you"re up & about ok after surgery. Listen to your doc & don't rush things.
Capt....good to hear you & the Mrs. had a nice day together in PA Dutch country. It's always a plus to share some quality time just relaxing  ;)
Eddie...yes you're right, definitely better safe than sorry. They did take flight Sunday morning at 6:00 AM, but it was way too cold to ride the 15 miles back to the airstrip to watch. Will try to find a closer place to stay next time  ;D  There actually is a smaller balloon fest scheduled for Rome this Saturday, not sure if the weather will be any good for it tho. Possibility of some rain, so we'll see.
Not much going on today.....caught up with mowing at camp & cleared the mouse traps again >:( Some beautiful fall weather today & tomorrow before the rains move in for a few days. Might have to take the bike for a ride somewhere tomorrow  ;)
Have a good night all. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6059 on: Sep 28, 2016, 03:20 AM »
Good morning early risers preseason NHL (ice hockey) games have started so we are getting closer to another ice fishing season. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Mr.Turkey may your repaired mail box make it through several winters.
Capt.Jim  did you finally get started on your Smitty sleds ? Glad you and the wife had a nice trip to the Penn Dutch  country.
Wallyworld may the weather cooperate and you get to see some hot air balloons in the sky this Saturday.
Ice Wanderer all the best with your post surgery recovery. I know you want to go see your brother in Florida.
Eddie how was your day working with marble ? You sure are getting to use many different masonry skills/knowledge working at the Empire Plaza and Capital building.
Whooper Stopper hope things are going well for the crew and you this week . Is your brother still up at your shack pursuing deer?

Have a safe and good "Hump Day" everyone.  May today be a successful one to all hunting and fishing.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.