Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630017 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #2220 on: Jul 02, 2015, 04:21 AM »

Good morning WS, Eddie, Steve , hardwater, ER's,
                 Finally a decent forecast for the weekend, my fiance is nervous about the weather for July 11th, that's the big
         day, only 10 days away.
                 My #1 son, mealworm got me involved in a side project, a customer of his needed some stairs for a motel. It's a fire
         escape from a second story building, then a small set only 30" high, I have to learn to say no sometimes. The guy wants it done
         before tomorrow after noon, I have to tear off an old platform and stairs then build new, I could use an extra pair of hands.
         Nothing like waiting till the last minute! :o
                 I hope every one has a good day either at work or at play.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2221 on: Jul 02, 2015, 06:07 AM »
Good Morning everyone. The past week has been very hectic. My brother passed away last week, His two sons came in from Texas and were staying with us. Everyone one is doing well and the boys left yesterday. Now I have to catch up on things around the house....Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2222 on: Jul 02, 2015, 06:22 AM »
So sorry about your loss H2L..  My condolences..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2223 on: Jul 02, 2015, 07:07 AM »
I doubt that we will see an end to the emerald ash bore until all the ash are gone. We had a come back of American elm after the Dutch elm disease took most of them. They have now mostly died off too. I burnt a ton of elm in my wood stove over the years. It is the best fire wood going. Once it get started it just glows. There were times when cleaning out the ash I would pull out clinkers like I had been burning coal.

Off to the Dr. again to get some blood work scheduled along with another colonoscopy. Dang 10 years went fast. I knew I was one but I never thought I was so perfect that I did not need to go back for 10 years.

H2L Condolence's from Michigan as well. Things like that are never easy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2224 on: Jul 02, 2015, 05:47 PM »

I'm sorry for your families loss h2l.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2225 on: Jul 02, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Condolences sent h2l.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2226 on: Jul 03, 2015, 03:12 AM »
Hunts2long my condolences to your family and you on your brother's death. Losing a loved one is never easy.

Tomturkey you maybe right about the emerald ash borer. My thoughts on the parasitic wasps are what else will they kill besides the borers.

On the subject of trees do any of you know of a disease or pest that is harmful to Dogwood trees . I have two on my property the pink one on the front lawn has lost a lot of it's leaves,white tree in back yard looks fine. The front yard tree is ten feet or less from the street I'm thinking maybe the run off from winter road salting has effected the tree. One problem with this theory is that next to the Dogwood tree is a Magnola tree which appears in good health.

Before I forget everyone have a good and safe July Fourth weekend.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2227 on: Jul 03, 2015, 03:49 AM »
Good Morning Guys,
H2....very sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences sent as well.
We'll be pouring some sidewalks today at the Plaza area. Workers were setting up racks and racks of mortar tubes for tomorrow nights big fireworks show yesterday.
Running a bit late this morning, so hope everyone has a great day!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2228 on: Jul 03, 2015, 04:20 AM »

Good morning Steve, Eddie Good morning ER's,
                 Steve I would have to think that it is the runoff from the road, who knows what falls out of vehicles.
                 Have fun at the Plaza Eddie, good weather brings out the beauties.
                 I saw this article, I thought I'd share it. http://www.grindtv.com/fishing/small-boy-lands-monster-sturgeon-described-as-10-foot-dinosaur/#kw8Jv1SSX3XSlVRm.97
                 I hope everyone has a good weekend either at work or at play. Take time out to celebrate our Independence.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2229 on: Jul 03, 2015, 05:22 AM »
Good Friday Morning Everyone!  I feel late to the party ;D

I am doing stuff around home today. My brother is rolling in tonight for a couple of days so I have a short list of things to get ready. Always fun when he comes for a visit, lots of time spent sitting around shooting the bull, catching up.

mr.clean Dogwood trees are prone to anthracnose, however from what you described that may not fit. Here is some good reading on dogwood disease and treatment http://www.clemson.edu/extension/hgic/pests/plant_pests/trees/hgic2003.html. The runoff theory is a pretty good one.Good luck, hope you can get it figured out.

Good article IW, Thanks for sharing :clap:

Happy viewing Eddie

Have a great day everyone and stay safe!

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2230 on: Jul 03, 2015, 05:54 AM »
Morning all.. A nice cool morning here, 44* a little while ago...  Nice sleeping weather..... ;D

Tom your right about the Ash trees.. There doing some job around here.  I thing they will disappear like the American chestnuts....I have seen at least 20 new purple traps in a 1 mile radius of my house.......

WS have a good visit with your brother....

Good video Jeff....

Steve, Happy Independence Day to you also and everyone else....

Well I think I caught up a little here..  I have to stop and let the neighbors chickens out on my way to work and put them in and get some eggs at night...
  Everyone have a great day.....

1 Guest, 3 Users (0 Buddies)
Raquettedacker, budwinslow, StonecoldCat

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2231 on: Jul 03, 2015, 06:48 AM »
Thanks everyone.
45 degrees here this morning. I have a lot of outside work to catch up on this weekend. Haven't been on the lake in over two weeks and this isn't the weekend to do it. The launch is already busy this morning. I hear the walleyes have been hitting pretty good. I may just sneak out EARLY Sunday morning. Everyone have a Safe and Happy 4th....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2232 on: Jul 03, 2015, 02:56 PM »
48* here this am. They are calling for low 80's for the week end. I hope they miss this forecast like the needed rain that we never got.

I got a good surprise when I got back from my DR's appointment yesterday. He said it was time for a colonoscopy. The scheduler for that Dr. said "Not for another year when I called that office.

I just got back from reinstalling the battery on the toon as it was low enough it hardly wanted to start the motor. With having to run lights tonight watching the fireworks it needs to be up. I had a dead battery one night and had to keep throwing the anchor out to get back to the dock. Hard on the shoulders.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2233 on: Jul 04, 2015, 04:34 AM »
Morning..
1 Guest, 1 User (0 Buddies)
Raquettedacker

Got to go water plants so I can get done in 3 to 4 hours..
Everyone have a great Independence day....

And check out this guy..
   http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/07/03/florida-fisherman-catches-shark-after-shark-capsizes-his-kayak

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2234 on: Jul 04, 2015, 05:05 AM »
Good Morning Raquette, Morning Guys,
Happy Independence Day everyone!
59* here this morn with a high of 70 expected, chance of scattered showers.
Yard work to catch up on this morning, a little barbecuing this afternoon, might even head down to the Empire State Plaza tonight to listen to Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes and watch the fireworks.
Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable week end....Happy Birthday America!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2235 on: Jul 04, 2015, 05:20 AM »

Good morning Dom, Eddie, good morning ER's,
                 Happy 4th everyone,
                My fiance's son along with a friend arrived yesterday afternoon, they wanted to do some brook fishing so I took them
          to a creek that I used to fish many yeas ago. I wasn't planning on fish, I never had much luck on brooks, I always would get
          hung up in a branch. Well anyway Mark was borrowing one of my poles, so when we got there he handed me a pole, so i said
          what the hell. First cast, I got hung up, 2nd cast I caught this.
          Then I quit while I was ahead.
          Dom get those plants watered, Eddie I hope you get the yard work done quickly.
          I hope everyone has a great day today and I hope you can all get a line wet, we're going out again this mourning.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2236 on: Jul 04, 2015, 06:01 AM »
55* this morning.

IW for the days I used to fish brookies. One trick I was taught to get out of the snags buy an old gent in a felt hat after loosing many hooks in a beaver pond. He took out his zippo and heated the bend of my Aberdeen hook just enough so he could feel the heat at the eye, then threw the hook in the water to cool it. After that a gentle pull would straighten the hook so it would come out of the snag. I have never had a hook straighten on a fish.

Raq When you get done watering the plants why not come back over here for a swim in the Big Lake. Water temp at Grand Haven was a nice 49* yesterday with 55* at the beach,

The front lawn needs mowing but I think I will be weed spraying it instead.

Some jerk tried launching a big firework out of a kayak. Some thing went wrong and he almost lost his leg and needs a new kayak as it blew the side out of it. Can't fix stupid even in adults as he son looks to be in his mid 20's.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2237 on: Jul 04, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Nice brookie Jeff.... :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2238 on: Jul 04, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Good looking brookie Jeff....congrats!  :thumbsup:
Meant to ask you...how did the step job turn out?

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2239 on: Jul 04, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Good looking brookie Jeff....congrats!  :thumbsup:
Meant to ask you...how did the step job turn out?
             Thanks Eddie and Dom, I had it for breakfast with eggs.
             The step job turned out great, Thursday afternoon the owner was skeptical about them, they needed a mid support on the stringers,
             when I finished yesterday he was quite happy, sturdy as a rock they were. The job kicked my butt, I worked alone and it was tough
             to hold stuff and screw it in, but I managed, I'm not as young as I used to be and I hate the deadline thing, puts a lot of unwanted
             pressure on me.

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2240 on: Jul 04, 2015, 02:17 PM »

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2241 on: Jul 04, 2015, 07:10 PM »
Good evening I hope everyone has had a great day so far. Light rain here in the morning giving way to a sunny afternoon relaxing at home after working earlier in the day. Raquettedacker I'm not to good with posting links to You Tube videos but here are a few more songs that are fitting for today. Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the U.S.A.", Charlie Daniels "It's a flag not a rag" and Jimi Hendrix's "Star Spangled Banner from the 1969 Woodstock festival" . Plus all of John Phillipp Sousa's marches.
Ice Wanderer congratulations on catching the brook trout. I'm not much of a stream/brook fisherman either mostly stick to lakes.
Steve

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2242 on: Jul 04, 2015, 08:59 PM »
Nice Brook trout. My mom always likes to eat trout for breakfast, that's weird. I usually enjoy summer activities but this year I can't get into the swing of it. Had to come to IS.  Have a good one.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2243 on: Jul 04, 2015, 09:10 PM »
Just stood at the end of my driveway up on the hill and listened to all the grand  finales (fire works) going off for miles away..  Looked like lightning off in the distances..
 The best part was the lightning bugs..  Boy there sure is a lot out there.... ;D
Great natural fire works.............

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2244 on: Jul 05, 2015, 05:23 AM »
Good Morning Fella's,
Hope everyone enjoyed the 4th of July!
Watched the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest yesterday, new champion this year.....Matt Stonie.....62 dogs and buns in 10 minutes!! I'd imagine he's having a hang over of some sort this morning....maybe for the next few days!   ;D
It's suppose to go up into the 80's today, no rain. Nice day for a barbecue and hanging out with the family later this afternoon....might even try to get a few casts in after seeing that brookie.
Cawfee's brewing....going to get the garbage run ready and weed whacking done before the heat kicks in.
Have a great day guys!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2245 on: Jul 05, 2015, 06:10 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
               I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. The rain held off, the sun came out a few times also. We went out to dinner
        and then to the Lake George fireworks. There sure were a lot of boats on the water, and the people were every where.
               Not much going on today, maybe a little garden work.
               WS, how is your brothers visit going?
               I hope everyone has a good day either at work or at play.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2246 on: Jul 05, 2015, 06:57 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good morning ER's!  :bow:

Thanks for asking IW, the visit is going great :thumbsup: We have had a couple of long nights of catching up with last night taking us right up to 2 am. We always spend the better part of a week together in November chasing deer, other than that it is only special occasions. When I am off in the winter he is at his winter home in Texas. He will be leaving in a couple of hours for summer home in Green Bay WI. I will probably catch up with him there in a couple of months for a weekend visit.

Hope everyone had a chance to enjoy some fireworks last night. There was a lot of celebrating going on all around us.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2247 on: Jul 05, 2015, 07:17 AM »
Had a good 4th. Laid pretty low. BBQ'd some ribs. Didn't get much rain, but it was cloudy most of the day. Today it is beer can chicken. We have an all day trip to NYC on Tuesday, so Monday will be a rest up day. I really do need to go fishing. It has been almost 3 weeks. Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2248 on: Jul 05, 2015, 07:54 AM »
61* this morning but I got up late. Our Assn fireworks were on Friday night. But there were enough private ones around the lake last night to make getting to sleep a little difficult.

I watched the whole of  " The sons of Liberty" last night. Being a history buff it was well worth watching. It reminded me of the series of books that started with "The *****" It follows the history of the Kent family that came to America from England just before the revolution on through the civil war and beyond. I guess I will have to get the books back out this winter and reread them.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2249 on: Jul 06, 2015, 02:37 AM »
Good morning early risers looks like everyone had an enjoyable Fourth of July. Business was slow at the store where I work on Sunday guess people were out enjoying the beautiful weather. I received some sad news when I got to work my department head's father has been battling cancer for the past year he lost the fight yesterday. So I will see what happens to my work schedule.

Everyone have a good day at work or leisure .
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.