Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1625246 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #1920 on: May 25, 2015, 05:02 AM »

1 Guest 4 Users

Good morning ER' s
                     It's 59* here on my hill and cloudy, a chance of showers today. Yesterday was the nicest day, warm low humidity, just an all
            around nice day. #2 son and his family came for some ribs, corn on the cob, and potato salad. you should have seen his 9 month
            old son suck on a rib bone, really funny.
                    I hope the rain holds off until after the Memorial Day ceremonies are done, I go every year to pay my respects to all those
           fellow military persons that made the total  sacrificed for our freedom!
                    I wish everyone a great day.

IW

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1921 on: May 25, 2015, 05:06 AM »
Morning Jeff.   Just starting to rain here... Only supposed to last a couple of hours... 60*  now up to 80* later.. Off to water plants..  Everyone have a great Memorial Day..
1 Guest, 6 Users (0 Buddies)
Raquettedacker, pokholes, budwinslow, Perchfever99, Fishrmn, ICE WANDERER
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1922 on: May 25, 2015, 05:42 AM »
Good Morning IW,Raquettedacker. Morning everyone!

Yesterday was an all-day rain, we needed it. Light drizzle this morning then sun is supposed to come out a little later this afternoon.

Take care and stay safe especially if you have to travel!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1923 on: May 25, 2015, 05:51 AM »
Happy Memorial Day everyone may you all have a great day. Yesterday was my first day back on the job always seems the co -workers in my department neglect certain chores when I'm on vacation. Nothing like working ten and a half hours your first day back ,I'm off today so wanted to get certain things done so I do not come back to a bigger mess.
Going to get a few hours sleep then watch the NCAA division 1 men's lacrosse championships . The Univ. Of Maryland versus Univ. of Denver. If Denver wins it will be the first time on college not located on the east coast will be the Champions. On the NY. high school lacrosse scene the sectional winners from my area now play against the section 2 winners (Albany/Capital district area) . We have to see if one the teams from my area advances past this round of play. These games will be played on Wednesday. The class A team form my section has a perfect season going so far this year.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1924 on: May 25, 2015, 05:55 AM »
Morning Guys,
Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Just started to sprinkle here as well, 60* with a high of 81 expected.
I read an article yesterday that Memorial Day was originally known as Decoration Day. I'd just like to say Thank You to all of you guys here who are Vets for protecting our country... :bow:
Hope you enjoy the parade and the weather cooperates Jeff! The Mrs. and I are going to a small local parade here as well this morn.
Have a great day everyone!   :thumbsup:
PS....got the garden started yesterday...made a small 4'x8' raised bed, nice and easy. Now the Mrs. wants one for an herb garden, looks like I'll building another one today... ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1925 on: May 25, 2015, 06:42 AM »
Everyone have a great day. No rain here, yet. Cloudy and upper 50's. Not looking forward to the HOT weather this week. Way to early. Got the garden in yesterday....h2l
Northville, NY

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1926 on: May 25, 2015, 10:11 AM »
Never got more than a whole bunch of sprinkles here.. Suns coming out and getting warm...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1927 on: May 25, 2015, 10:53 AM »
Never got more than a whole bunch of sprinkles here.. Suns coming out and getting warm...

Sprinkles?! You've got yer nose in the ice cream again, haven't you?  ;D

Happy Memorial Day, all! Let's remember those who gave it all for us.....

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1928 on: May 25, 2015, 02:11 PM »
Good to see you posting Rebelss hope everything is going well for you. The weather in my area really has not been making me want any ice cream. glad to see your humor is still intact.
Steve

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1929 on: May 25, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Sprinkles?! You've got yer nose in the ice cream again, haven't you?  ;D
Happy Memorial Day, all! Let's remember those who gave it all for us....(Image removed from quote.)

Welcome back mister..       :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:
 And I have had an ice cream cone or a sundae every day this past week... :P :P
Might go for a full blown banana split tonight.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1930 on: May 25, 2015, 07:38 PM »
Welcome back Sir.... ;D :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1931 on: May 26, 2015, 03:24 AM »
Good Tuesday Morning everyone! :bow:

Hope you all made the most of the long weekend whether with family, friends or at work if that was needed.

Temps to hit 80 by Wednesday :clap:

It is back to the Jungle for me, looking forward to to a short week.

Take care and stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1932 on: May 26, 2015, 03:57 AM »
Morning Whopper, Morning Fella's
69* this am with a high in the mid to upper 80's expected...it's gonna be a hot one again!
Be careful in the jungle today Whopper!
Got a nice e-mail from Reb yesterday...said to say hello to all you boys, he's been keeping busy around the house and getting the boat ready for some fishing soon. Hoping he comes back on to liven things up!  :thumbsup:

Iceshanty Users Online
    1 Guest, 4 Users (0 Buddies)
masoneddie, Fishalot, budwinslow, Ice Bobber

Well back to work day again...cawfee's brewing.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day, be safe, best of luck to those wetting a line!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1933 on: May 26, 2015, 04:16 AM »

Good morning WS, Eddie Good morning ER's,
                    Yesterday after all turned out pretty nice, we never got the rain that was forecast, I went to the local ceremony
        commemorating our fallen soldiers that made that highest sacrifice for our country. Then it was a take easy day.
                    For those going back to work today, be safe and have a good day.

IW 

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1934 on: May 26, 2015, 04:31 AM »
Morning all..Going to be hot today.68* now going up to almost 90*
I'm so glad the month is almost over..  Things at work should slow down a little..So I took today off to get my garden done.. ;D
I hope everyone has a great day..
1 Guest, 4 Users (0 Buddies)
Raquettedacker, Hoosier, StonecoldCat, ICE WANDERER

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1935 on: May 26, 2015, 06:24 AM »
Good Morning everyone. Reb, glad to see you back. Yes it is going to be a "warm" week. If I get out on the lake it will have to be early morning.
Have to go down and change the water in the tanks at the bait shop this morning. Won't be long and I will be there a couple days a week.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1936 on: May 26, 2015, 06:49 AM »
Reb Glad to see you back like every one else.

Road trip today to go pick up the bosses new yorkie pup. 2+ hour trip each way.

We had to get a baby sitter for the pup part way home as it is a granddaughters 21st birthday. I do not think we could get away with taking the pup into the restaurant. Grand daughter just finished her third year at GVSU in the 5 year music education program.

Last spring the head of the department wanted to see her in his office. She was terrified as to what he wanted. He bumped her ahead in one part of the curriculum to the 5th year class. Exceptional, dedicated young lady.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1937 on: May 26, 2015, 11:43 PM »
Greetings everyone hope you all had good Memorial Days. The summer weather has returned to my area high in the mid eighties yesterday,currently 71 outside . Last Friday we had overnight low in the mid forties .Rebelss good to see you back on Ice Shanty ditto Mason Eddie's comments always enjoy your humor.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1938 on: May 27, 2015, 02:26 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean Good Morning everyone, welcome to Wednesday! :bow:

Yesterday was a wet one here. The forecasters said rain would be in the southern part of the state after 4 pm; however we could expect clear skies most of the day until then. By 11 am it was coming down pretty good. I had left my rain gear in the car back at the shop being there was no worry of rain, by the time our day ended I was a drowned rat. :%$#!:

Today is supposed to be a beautiful sunny 80 degrees. I plan to pack my thunderwear, along with a sweatshirt and warm gloves; I give up on our meteorologists :cookoo: 

Time to light up the Buick, I need to be at the job site by 4 am so we can cone off an office building and start trimming in the dark. I always look forward to seeing how I did once the sun comes up ;D

Take care and stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1939 on: May 27, 2015, 03:47 AM »
Morning Whopper, Morning Guys,
63* on the Hill this am, high of 80 expected. We never got any rain yesterday but chance of a thunder storm again today....we really need some rain.
Tom...that was a great gift for your granddaughter, she sounds like a very gifted young woman! Congratulations!
Whopper...be safe in the jungle and carving in the dark!

1 Guest, 3 Users (0 Buddies)
masoneddie, budwinslow, IFH

Well, back to resetting cobble stones again today around the Capitol Building and admiring some of the scenery.   ;D
Hope everyone has a great day, be safe, good luck to those fishing!   :thumbsup:

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1940 on: May 27, 2015, 04:15 AM »
Good morning all..
Good day yesterday...  Got moms new mailbox post up that I have promessed her since Mothers day..
And got my last garden box made and all 10 filled with sheep poop and compost..
Now I'm ready for planting... ;D
Congratulations to your grand daughter Tom at Grand Valley.. :clap: :thumbsup:
Everyone have a great day.. I have to go see how dry everything is at work since I wasn't there yesterday to do it...
Have a great day....
1 Guest, 3 Users (0 Buddies)
Raquettedacker, Baetis62, masoneddie

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1941 on: May 27, 2015, 04:37 AM »

Good morning Steve, WS, Eddie, Dom and ER's,
                     Congrats to your daughter Tom, to bad they wouldn't let you bring the puppy in, yeah I know Board of health?
                     My fiance and I got her garden planted yesterday, it looked pretty shabby until I watered it. Then I mowed my lawn.
           It was a great day all around. We need some rain, I've watering my lawn, it looks good but time consuming, moving the sprinklers.
           Everyone that comes here always remarks how good my lawn looks, if I wasn't retired, it wouldn't look as it does.
                     Eddie, you really seem to enjoy your new job, I always said when I worked, "You might as well work at a job you like." There
           a lot working at jobs just for the money and hate their work.
                     I hope your day goes good Dom, get water to those plants! LOL
                     WS, I hope you can get a lot done before those Yuppie workers get there and complain, they have no idea how the real world
          works. ???
                     I hope everyone has a good day.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1942 on: May 27, 2015, 06:47 AM »
We got 1/2 inch of rain yesterday. As hard as it came down a lot just ran off.

We ended up at Stella's lounge last night for the granddaughters birthday. Supposedly the best burgers in Gr and the USA. Not my type of burgers with all the stuff they put on them. They made me a plain old one. Good time.

The labs still have not figured out what this new little pup is all about. Whining to go out so that is a plus. The place Sue found the pup was not well run so I am glad we got the pup out of there. A real menagerie from rabbit to goats that were eating the siding on the house plus dogs and cats.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1943 on: May 27, 2015, 06:47 AM »
Going to be another hot one but they are saying some rain today. I would take that 2/3 day rain over the showers. Eddie your eyes must be tired by the end of day. I spend a few lunch hours "working" there. Would like to see it cool off, I want to get out on the lake, but not in this heat. Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1944 on: May 27, 2015, 06:19 PM »
Whats growing?  I'm sure RG has tomatoes on his plants already... ;D

My cascading bleeding hearts in full bloom....

Got all of my garden raised beds in and all full of sheep poop and compost......

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1945 on: May 27, 2015, 06:41 PM »
When we bought this place a few years back there were some over grown and died back plants that the boss was ready to pitch in the garbage. I would not let the boss do it, telling her to wait until next year to see what they are.

One ended up being a bleeding heart that was behind the landing at the back door where no one can see it. It needs to be split but I do not know where to put it so it will prosper and not die.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1946 on: May 28, 2015, 02:54 AM »
Good Morning early risers still warm and humid here in the Mid Hudson river valley. We had a thunderstorm yesterday lasted maybe one hour. I learned that I have another thing to watch at work there are fire exits in the building the outside storm drains by two of them were blocked had a large amount of water come under the doors. Thankfully was able to use the floor scrubber machine to vacuum up the water.

On the lacrosse front history was made at the Men's N.C.A.A. division 1 championship game the Univ. of Denver won the game first time a team from a state that does not touch the Atlantic Ocean is champion. In the NY. public high school playoffs the boys class c team from my section has advanced to the next round of play. My memory was wrong this is the second time a team has made it past the first round of state playoffs  last time was back in 2006.

Tom Turkey all the best with the new puppy. Congratulations to your granddaughter.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1947 on: May 28, 2015, 03:31 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean, Good Morning everyone! Thursday my favorite day of the week :bow:

Beautiful pictures Mr Raq! :thumbsup:

Perfect weather on this part of the map. It sounds like more rain is in the offering toward the weekend, but that’s good.

Yesterday everyone was happy not sure why, either it was the moon, barometer, or drugs,  I wish everyday was like that ;D

Eddie you have a camera on your phone so you can share some scenery? I did that at a smelt fry last year and got busted :whistle:

Take care and stay safe, yep off to the jungle :woot:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1948 on: May 28, 2015, 03:57 AM »
Good Morning Mr.C, Whopper, Morning Guys,
64* here at the moment with another 80* day on the way, possible afternoon shower again.
We had about the same rain fall  here as well Mr.C, maybe an hour's worth of rain with some lightning. Hope your team continues to advance!  :thumbsup:
Raquette...great pictures! The bleeding heart is awesome and I'm certain the raised beds will be bountiful. Keep us posted on the results!
Tom...my peepers must have been half open yesterday when I read your reply about the pup. I thought it to be a gift for your granddaughter...my bad. Hope the new addition to the family is fitting right in, nothing quite like a new puppy in the house.
Cawfee's brewing....strawberry rhubarb pie on the counter, first come first served!  ;D
Hope everyone has a great day today!

Jeff...I always enjoyed working with my hands in the trade, and you're right...a lot of people aren't happy with their jobs and just in them for the $. Man, that's got to make for very long days.
H2...you know what lunch time is all about down at Capitol... ;D.....yesterday the winds picked up and many of the lovely dresses being worn...eh, well, I'll leave it at that!  Have a great day guys!

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1949 on: May 28, 2015, 04:26 AM »
Good morning all..
Going to be another nice day. Not as hot as yesterday.  Rain went all around us and we only got some big rain drops...
Everyone have a great day...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.