Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: thinking about a snow moble with reverse for ice fishing  (Read 883 times)

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
anyone use these ?
Never to many short poles

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: thinking about a snow moble with reverse for ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Yeah, I don't have reverse on mine.  I would say the only time it would be nice were if you want to back your snowmobile off of a trailer.  Other than than doesn't seem like a necessity.  If you have a trailer that you can drive off of the front I wouldn't think it would be something you would have to have. 

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 03:17 PM »
Reverse is a very cool nicety  :P  Backing off the trailer, backing out of a "predicament", etc.  Saves your back, especially as you age  :o  Would not be without it.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:41 AM »
My sled is easy on an elderly gentleman. It has reverse, electric start, hand and thumb warmers. I went with new and maintain it for reliability. As said, reverse is great for backing off the trailer. Also sleds don't turn on a dime, especially in popular parking areas, reserve comes in handy there too.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 09:59 AM »
My sled is easy on an elderly gentleman. It has reverse, electric start, hand and thumb warmers. I went with new and maintain it for reliability. As said, reverse is great for backing off the trailer. Also sleds don't turn on a dime, especially in popular parking areas, reserve comes in handy there too.

Good points.  As an older gentleman myself, this is why I am looking for a sled with these features.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 10:23 PM »
I've got the atv but if I had a sled  some points were brought up that I never thought of.  Good post.

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 04:14 AM »
I have reverse on mine and i wouldn't buy one without it personally.  Its a PIA moving a big 2up sled with a 180lb shanty/auger hooked in tow in a foot of snow.

Offline sparkee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 09:37 AM »
I started using a snowmobile a little last year, loved the mobility, I bought a cheap very old sled & a drive on -- drive off trailer. One thing I didn't think of was getting stuck on the lake on glare ice, it did have a few inches of snow but spun that out & there I set, sooooooo make sure you have studs or cleats in your track  would be my addition to the set up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.