Author Topic: Roll call  (Read 5128 times)

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
Roll call
« on: Apr 28, 2014, 12:33 PM »
Anyone still checking this every once in awhile?

I tried to sign up at myfishfinder and the activation never went through.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Roll call
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2014, 04:21 PM »
I log-in year round over all Ice Shanty seems more active then My Fish Finder. Try contacting one of the moderators here on I.S. about your problem with M.F.F. many of them moderate on both websites.
Steve

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2014, 08:10 PM »
It's a daily thing fer me & has been since sign-up/join date. Really need to keep up with the grumpy/not grumpy thread. Oh yeah, the jokes, too.    :woot: :roflmao:

For example :  Grandma leaned over and whispered to Grandpa in church, "I just let a silent one, what should I do ?"

Grandpa said "Change the battery in yer hearin' aid"

Oh, roll call.   Here !      ;)2

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2014, 08:32 PM »
I'm here.  Last year by this time I was not, but I am waiting for the gates to open for us to populate the Reports and Conditions section.  I should register at MFF, too.  MFF is much more readable than BFT, we should get some traffic going there.  First trip in the boat planned for Saturday!
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2014, 09:20 PM »
Im still here  Check in once in awhile busy chasing turkeys and working and thinking of fishing

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2014, 01:03 AM »
I roam the site pretty much all year round. Not much of a MFF kind of guy.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2014, 09:02 AM »
I've dug my fingernails in & I'm probably going away kicking & screaming! :unsure:
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2014, 12:59 PM »
good to hear people are still around, seems like MFF just dosen't have the same pull as IS yet.  Hopefully it picks up.

I've finished some wood handles for the ice rods, just can't let go of the ice yet!

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #8 on: Apr 29, 2014, 01:52 PM »
good to hear people are still around, seems like MFF just dosen't have the same pull as IS yet.  Hopefully it picks up.

I've finished some wood handles for the ice rods, just can't let go of the ice yet!

:o Man, that looks amazing!  :thumbsup:
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Apr 29, 2014, 02:27 PM »
Thanks I put the man in manicure.

Oh the handles...yeah they turned out alright, it's amazing what you can get done with a lathe and a poplar dowel from the hardware store.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Well done Sir !

Those handles are definitely beautimus !    ;)2

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Apr 29, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Nice job FL....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2014, 06:37 AM »
I check in every few days or weeks.

Nice handles. You give me idea as my fishing partner has a wood lathe, everything i have is for metal. Been thinking about building my own rods but still not sure about wood over cork.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Apr 30, 2014, 05:44 PM »
I would love a metal lathe, just don't have the space, wood is great for making nice looking this, but a metal lathe has so much utility.  I could really use one for making some mandrels and such for the wood lathe and also all the little parts and pieces for equipment.  I've seen guys turn some small aluminum stock on a wood lathe but i'm sure i'd poke my eye out.

The handle mounted well on my noodle tip project, always wanted to build one for a spinning rod, i'll post pictures when i get it wrapped.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 08:23 AM »
I have built a part or two for friend's wood lathe and I have turned wood in the metal lathe. I owe him big time now. I had a couple used red fur rough cut 2 x 12's that were in the rafters when I bought this place 20 years ago. I took them to him and he built my wife a 4 x 8 kitchen table.

Look forward to seeing you wrapped rods.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 01:54 AM »
Nice, that table looks awesome, I think the best part about working with wood is the inherent history/story every piece of wood has.  Unless of coarse you buy exotic or something.  I've done that a few times for burl handles or when something needs a specific look.

I could see this thread turning into wood photos pretty easily lol.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 09:08 AM »
Awesome job guys, I plan on splitting time on the ice and in the shop next winter. Finally going to put up a small woodshop/greenhouse as soon as I find the easiest way to power it. Cool handles fowl, how do you mount the reels?

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 01:25 PM »
bunch of talented guys on here for sure.... I check here every now and than through out the year....
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 01:26 AM »
Awesome job guys, I plan on splitting time on the ice and in the shop next winter. Finally going to put up a small woodshop/greenhouse as soon as I find the easiest way to power it. Cool handles fowl, how do you mount the reels?

Everyone needs shop time! Maybe a long 12 gauge extension cord for power? I've done that in a few rentals with detached garages.  It's amazing how many amps one of those can handle, just not all at once!

For my personal rods I usually just electrical or grip tape them on because I don't really move around reels too much.  But I've started giving out castrating rings and wood cones that I turn down to the diameter of the grip to get them on.  I've heard good things about them keeping the reels in place and they make it easy to move reels back and forth.

I have also started to cut retaining rings into each handle so the castration ring has a place to seat itself on the handle.  Laugh if you guys want but I got the C-ring idea straight from ice shanty lol.

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 11:05 PM »
Sorry guys, I've been too busy chasing walleyes in the new boat.  ;) Been some pretty good catching, too...

Hope all is well back in Idaho. I'll check in as often as possible.  :tipup:

Andy

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 03:07 AM »
Sorry guys, I've been too busy chasing walleyes in the new boat.  ;) Been some pretty good catching, too...

Aww man, I wish! Nice haul.

I went over to potholes WA last week to do that same thing, caught a mess of nice smallmouth, not walldos though.  Glad someone is catching them!

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Don't check in every week. But I'm dreaming of ice.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 08:07 AM »
Don't check in every week. But I'm dreaming of ice.

Boy as cool/cold as it has been one does not have to dream very hard. This wearing a winter coat every morning is getting old.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 08:16 AM »
That's for sure, looking like a beautiful week ahead though.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 09:35 AM »

Hope all is well back in Idaho. I'll check in as often as possible.  :tipup:

Andy

I know i'm jealous all those text's you keep sending me..... keep them coming thou....
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 03:00 PM »
Seconds to minutes to hours to days to months  :o Hope all you are having a great start to the summer.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 07:18 PM »
I normally check out the site every day but I'm up to my eyeballs with summer projects so I only get on here every day or two. 

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 11:10 PM »
Summer projects!

Yup!

Picked this boat up awhile ago from a surplus auction real POS took it out to shoot some carp the other day, leaked like a sieve, so I decided to turn it into a duck boat project, 2 thick coats of herculiner on her this Friday, should slow me down a little because of the added drag but I won't have to worry about running her in the sloughs.  Redid the benches and transom as well with 4 coats of spar varnish, not a bad boat and trailer combo for less than $500 I think.

Been busy on the rod building front too, got a few trolling rods done for a buddy this week and turned a new handle for a fly rod, "turned out" ;) pretty good I think, lyptus (blond) and hedheart.  FYI redheart or Chakte kok either or hard to tell, are a dream to turn on a lathe if you're a woodworker, the lytpus had a pretty high hardness, made turning difficult.  Hopefully i'll put it on a nice blank something like a sage or TL.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #28 on: Jun 01, 2014, 12:07 AM »
Those rods are beauties Fowl!!!  :clap:

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jun 01, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Those rods are beauties Fowl!!!  :clap:

I would have to completely agree.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.