Author Topic: Transporting HT Polar Therms  (Read 3010 times)

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
Transporting HT Polar Therms
« on: Apr 22, 2014, 08:43 AM »
 I've got one of those HT Polar Therm tip ups with the 500' foot spool and i can't find a good way to transport it. I usually put it in a 5 gallon bucket upside down with the spool facing up. It worked for a whole but it never fitted very well and it even starting leaking grease. How do you guys store/transport your HT Polar Therm tip ups if you have them?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Transporting HT Polar Therms
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Trophy Angler ice makes a case (holds 5 round tip ups) .....I use to use the  bucket ...but that takes up alot of space ...with the bag/case l can place it atop things ...hang it ....end of season stores on a shelf all contained . But if you only have one Polar Therm ....some sort of zippered case might be a good option ...
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2014, 12:03 AM »
HontnFished I just looked at HT Enterprises website under tipup accessories . They make a storage case designed for the round Polar Them tipups. I would contact them to see if you can purchase the case directly from them.
Steve

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2014, 09:45 AM »
To store them, it is best to have them lying horizontal to limit the grease leaking out. A smaller plastic tote works perfect for that. I personally don't care if it leaks out, I regrease every year. Best I've seen is PVC in a milk crate. I forgot the size, but it fit 9 in a milk crate.
-Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.