The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Times running out  (Read 2829 times)

Offline rlgs312

• Team IceShanty Regular
Times running out
« on: Apr 21, 2014, 02:20 PM »
Only 4 weeks till the banquet and very few have signed up! :(
Any day in the woods or on the water is better than ANY day at work.

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hell Ain't a bad place to be!
Re: Times running out
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Yeah, it's not lookin to good...

Offline rlgs312

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2014, 06:19 PM »
Glad to see a few more people have paid to go to the banquet, hopefully we get enough for this to happen. :) :tipup:

Offline hookngal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2014, 12:10 PM »
With all the expenses, it's not looking good  :-\ 

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Tiny , is there a minimum amount of people we need to make this happen??  I know not many have paid yet(which is needed to make this successful) but in years past some pay at the door. :-\     

Hoping more people will step up and HELP make this happen!  Donations are accepted ;D
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline jaimebeth9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2014, 09:56 AM »
I really wish we could make it, I'd love to meet you guys!  Unfortunately, we've got little league games that day and my fiance is the coach and I volunteer in the snack shack. 

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Tiny , is there a minimum amount of people we need to make this happen??  I know not many have paid yet(which is needed to make this successful) but in years past some pay at the door. :-\     

Hoping more people will step up and HELP make this happen!  Donations are accepted ;D
I'm really hoping more that said they would go will pay yet. As of now I haven't collected enough to cover the hall and trophies and the hall comes first.  :-\

I really wish we could make it, I'd love to meet you guys!  Unfortunately, we've got little league games that day and my fiance is the coach and I volunteer in the snack shack. 

Danny has a game that day too, but it's at 11:30, so we'll be done in time.

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 08:37 AM »
So Tiny,  Is the Banquet going to be able to happen or not? :-\ 

Still don't look like enough people paid already..... to pay for the Hall and Trophies.

I'd like to volunteer next season to take part in Fund Raisers and to make a 2015 BANQUET everyone will want to attend!! ;D

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 09:35 PM »
The Banquet is cancelled.

Sorry to everyone, but we did not collect enough to cover the hall, so I have to cancel so they can try to book that date. If they do fill the slot, they will let us use the deposit for next year, which they don't have to do.

I have ordered most of the trophies (All the kids). All payments made will be carried over to next years banquet.
I don't have much of an option there, as most of the $$ has been used for trophies or the deposit on the hall. Not to mention I'll need to ship the kids their trophies, and in the long run all that will come out of my pocket.

I am very sorry for the kids who worked so hard this year and I know were really looking forward to the banquet to receive there trophies.

PM me with any issues and we'll figure it out.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 09:42 PM »
So Tiny,  Is the Banquet going to be able to happen or not? :-\ 

Still don't look like enough people paid already..... to pay for the Hall and Trophies.

I'd like to volunteer next season to take part in Fund Raisers and to make a 2015 BANQUET everyone will want to attend!! ;D

I'm sorry I failed this year Brenda, I just had to many personal issues going on to give it the attention it deserved.
I'd take all the help I can get in the future.
I was hoping to at least have a derby next winter to try and generate some funds.  ;)

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 10:21 AM »
I understand that you have a lot going on...my life has been pretty hectic too. :-\  (Think everyones is)

I do however have one question for you,  What was the reason we couldn't get the Augusta Hall?

I'm just thinking that having it in Auburn next year,  Really isn't fair to the guys who have to travel from the Northern part of the State.
As it was, some traveled 3-5hrs just to get to Augusta., if you move it to Auburn they'll be adding more traveling time.

I think we should try to get the Augusta Hall back or one up in that area. This is just my opinion, BUT I hope others will have some input!

Maybe even form a committee with a few members would be a good idea......  :thumbsup:

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 11:22 AM »
Just so we are clear, those that paid this year will not be reimbursed, their payment will be used to attend next years banquet.

I am ok with this as long as I can get some sort of receipt. Is that possible?

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hell Ain't a bad place to be!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 01:52 PM »
Can we at least see the results?

Offline rlgs312

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Too bad we can't just have a get together like at a pizza hut or something like that to give the kids their trophies if you have them. Hope the adults wouldn't mind if they don't get theirs. We have a small pizza restaurant in town with a small room just for these kind of things. I think the kids would like that better than getting the trophies in the mail.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 07:46 PM »
I'm sorry to read that the annual Team Maine banquet will not happen this year . Since tiny Tim announced the cancellation many good suggestions have been posted. Here are a few more from a I.S. member who resides in south east New York. Have a raffle of some type price the tickets so they cover the cost of item being raffled and also make some profit which could be put towards future years banquets. If the adult members are willing to give up adult beverages for the night you should get a cheaper rental price. This also would let you consider Church social halls/rooms as a place to hold the banquet. I agree with Ice Women/Brenda try to find a centrally located site to hold banquet so it is as equal driving time as possible for members from all parts of the state. Also form a committee to organize and hold the banquet so one person does not have to handle the work load. Like Rusty Crab posted in another thread many other members wish their state/Provence held a similar event.
I hope to see a banquet in 2015 and know you have enough good people in your state who can organize some type of banquet. Just my humble opinions.

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 08:29 PM »
I'm missing pictures of Flatty in that Skunk Hat... :roflmao: :whistle:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 10:39 AM »
I understand that you have a lot going on...my life has been pretty hectic too. :-\  (Think everyones is)

I do however have one question for you,  What was the reason we couldn't get the Augusta Hall?

I'm just thinking that having it in Auburn next year,  Really isn't fair to the guys who have to travel from the Northern part of the State.
As it was, some traveled 3-5hrs just to get to Augusta., if you move it to Auburn they'll be adding more traveling time.

I think we should try to get the Augusta Hall back or one up in that area. This is just my opinion, BUT I hope others will have some input!

Maybe even form a committee with a few members would be a good idea......  :thumbsup:
Brenda, they sold the building we had used in Augusta. It was tough to find a place that would allow us to bring our own food. Most places want you to purchase their food, which was anywhere from $25-$45 a plate! ::)

After we had the interest thread, I looked closer to Auburn as it a lot closer for almost everyone who said they would go.

Just so we are clear, those that paid this year will not be reimbursed, their payment will be used to attend next years banquet.

I am ok with this as long as I can get some sort of receipt. Is that possible?
Yes, I will send out a receipt and/or a certificate for next years banquet.

Too bad we can't just have a get together like at a pizza hut or something like that to give the kids their trophies if you have them. Hope the adults wouldn't mind if they don't get theirs. We have a small pizza restaurant in town with a small room just for these kind of things. I think the kids would like that better than getting the trophies in the mail.
Good idea, just wonder how much of a challenge it would be to do a day most could attend.

Can we at least see the results?

I will post the results.

Offline hookngal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 02:23 PM »
Thanks for posting the winners (in the IFOY )    :thumbsup:     

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Thanks to everyone who voted!!