Author Topic: Parkland Trout Also...  (Read 1030 times)

Offline 57mustang

• IceShanty Rookie
Parkland Trout Also...
« on: Apr 17, 2014, 08:32 PM »
remember last wednesday... the only real warm day we have had this spring ??? volksdriver and i were lucky enough to be on the ice on one of our favorite lakes... left at 5:00 to be on the ice shortly before 8:00am... sun was out and already warming up... had to get rid of a layer of clothes shortly after getting holes drilled...

we weren't fishing for long when ron got his first brown trout of the day... not a big one, but got the ball rolling... in no time he had jigged up 3 trout, (all brown) and i thought i was in for a fishing lesson... (again)... very few lookers at my jigging spoon, but luckily i had set up a deadstick in shallower water... that suddenly was the action spot with a number of missed bites... (blaming the long run)... then suddenly they were absolutely crushing that artificial bait !!! didn't have to watch, just listen for the drag to start screaming and then run!!! had some crazy fights, long runs, and managed to land a good number of trout , the largest being a 22 1/2 inch bow and a 22 inch brown!!! the brown sure was skinny... kind of a torpedo shape... beautiful coloring though... i removed a black and silver fly from the rainbows jaw... somebody else almost had his picture taken with this beauty !!!

was an amazing day... (wind got rather out of control in the afternoon!!) both of us landed a good number of fish... think we got the last possible day of snow machines out there because it was pretty slushy by the time we left... don't know if the big wind moving in shut down the bite or if they just don't bite in the afternoon, but we left mid-aft since the action had slowed right down...and wanted to make sure we could get the sleds off the lake!!!  hoping to get out there for an early ice-out excursion in my boat... one of my favorite fish to target... heading south with the boats to fish the rainy for sturgeon next week!!!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Re: Parkland Trout Also...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2014, 02:38 AM »
Way to go guys, those are nice looking rainbow and brown trout. @)

WW

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2014, 08:58 AM »
 Good pics ! Nice Fish !  :woot: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline volksdriver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2014, 10:22 PM »
it was a great day ..... always a blast to get together with you and catch a few fish! Should be fun this weekend on the Rainy River.... 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.