Author Topic: Quick opinions on Eskimo 767  (Read 363 times)

Offline DFresh75

• Team IceShanty Addict
Quick opinions on Eskimo 767
« on: Apr 15, 2014, 09:35 AM »
Guys I have a chance to get a screaming deal on a 767.  I have stayed away from Eskimo due to the hubs, but I was less than impressed with the materials (mostly the interior holes) in my 2nd Clam Bigfoot XL2000.  Long term I might get a thermal, but is this a decent 2-3 person shack for 1/2 price of a Bigfoot or am I getting myself into trouble with the hubs?

Offline Dakota Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fisherman walk on water
Re: Quick opinions on Eskimo 767
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2014, 09:58 AM »
I would have never said I would love a hub at the beginning of the year but when I was with a buddy and he had one well that's all it took. Sold the flip over and went with the Jason Mitchell from a smoking deal off ebay brand new in the box with free shipping. It was from the twin cities so I had in 2 days. Its a full thermal and has tons of room I can stay mobile with it and it isn't bad putting up in wind.

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2014, 10:06 AM »
Guys I have a chance to get a screaming deal on a 767.  I have stayed away from Eskimo due to the hubs, but I was less than impressed with the materials (mostly the interior holes) in my 2nd Clam Bigfoot XL2000.  Long term I might get a thermal, but is this a decent 2-3 person shack for 1/2 price of a Bigfoot or am I getting myself into trouble with the hubs?

The new hubs are all metal, including the pole ends.  I'm loving my 949!

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Probably just fine for 2 and a little cozy for 3.  Don't even think of 4.  If that suits your needs then jump on it. 

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2014, 08:15 PM »
If it's manufactured in 2012 or after it will have the new hubs and your golden.  The year can be found on a tag inside by one of the windows; last two digits are the year.

Even if it's not, I've done a bunch of research (bought a used one myself) and the repair for the hub issue pre - 2012 is only a tube of glue and 30 minutes to fix permanently.

Offline wesak81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2014, 02:59 PM »
I have a 767I     I LOVE it, i have the instulated version  never had problem with it,  i paid full price at cabelas for it,   it keeps me warm
NOTHING IS BETTER THEN BEING ON THE WATER

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.