Author Topic: Relocating  (Read 706 times)

Offline COboundoutdoorguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "High Fives" and "Tight Lines" For All !!!
Relocating
« on: Apr 13, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Hey everyone or anyone that has any info for me about the Ice Fishing in Colorado ? I am going to be relocating out to CO to Loveland and any info on the Ice Fishing ( I know it is done for this year) but for next season I mean
Also anyone that lives near Loveland where I am moving to that wants to hook up and show me the ropes out there I would appreciate it immensely . I own 2 shanties : a Frabill Commando ( 1man) and a Eskimo Eskape 200 a 2 man shanty , Vexilar FL22, Jiffy 8 inch Propane Auger .....ect !!!!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Relocating
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2014, 11:35 PM »
From your gear list it sounds like you take your ice fishing seriously.  Loveland is a nice town...lots of outdoorsmen up there.  I'm not sure where you're coming from or what you like to fish for but there are plenty of places to ice it here.  The species you want to target, the quality of the fishery and the distance you are willing to travel will be factors.  Boyd Lake is in your back yard and offers a variety of species but like most front range impoundments the ice season can vary greatly.  Other front range reservoirs like Aurora, Cherry Creek and Chatfield are all good (some years great) but the quality and duration of ice varies greatly from year to year.  Good fishing for larger trout can be found in the high country at Lake John, Delaney Buttes, Eleven Mile and Anterro Reservoirs.  If Lakers are your thing look to Granby and Green Mountain Reservoirs.  If you have a few days and a few $ for a hotel my favorites are Taylor Reservoir and Blue Mesa which are down in the Gunnison/Crested Butte area.  Taylor can be brutally cold with very deep snow and difficult to access.  I'm over 50 and won't fish it without a snowmobile anymore but the Macs get very large and you'll never fish a place that's more scenic.  In recent years I've really enjoyed fishing "The Gaps" on the west slope.  Perch and Pike fishing at Rifle Gap and Harvey Gap state parks are currently my favorites but it's a drive from the front range. 

It's not comprehensive list by any means.  Just my 2cents...and I can't help you with the I-70 ski traffic but the fishin is good here!  Welcome to Colorado!

Offline COboundoutdoorguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "High Fives" and "Tight Lines" For All !!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2014, 06:46 AM »
Sorry for not saying so in the first post but I am relocating to Colorado specifically Loveland CO from NW. Indiana.
Where we target anything from Bluegill, Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, Perch, Walleye ect.

Offline KsIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2014, 10:23 AM »
Hit me up next November and I can show you around a little...
"I've spent most of my life fishing.....the rest I've wasted. Lifes too short to only fish on weekends."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.