Author Topic: Refurbed Black Go Pro  (Read 899 times)

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Refurbed Black Go Pro
« on: Apr 10, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Just pulled trigger on this with a couple different mounts.  any Go Pro gurus out there willing to pass on pointers?
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Refurbed Black Go Pro
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2014, 07:57 AM »
I don't own one so I can talk about the more unique mounts (snowmachine, bodywear, etc.) but as an amateur photographer and after watching many videos out on the ice I have to say that some of the better fishing videos have all been done with a full size tripod.  Especially if you're out of the shelter chasing flags or wanting to help a buddy land a fish or want to speak to the camera, etc.  You can simply snag the tripod from where it stands, run to your location set it down and good to go.  The wide stance of a full size tripod along with a load of varying adjustments make them ideal.  Make sure you get a quality one though as the cheaper versions will break with the slightest amount of abuse and lets face it, this pastime of ours is anything but "easy" on our gear  :).

Also battery power is cut down drastically when on the ice so make sure you bring a couple extra battery packs and keep them warm.  Not much worse than missing that perfect sequence b/c the battery went dead.   

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Refurbed Black Go Pro
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2014, 09:42 AM »
I just drilled two holes in a 5 gallon bucket and used the bicycle mount/pipe mount ...seems to be a good height for my portable ice house video( just place outside the open door and film away )  ...I keep my bait bucket in the 5 gallon bucket so the set up dosen't  tip/fall over . I don't have a Go Pro ..own a Vivatar but most of the mounts are interchangeable . The Go Pro head mount with hat clip seems to be very comfortable to ....also picked up the flex mount ...that'll be in use during my turkey hunts . Good luck.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.