The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Fishing regulations  (Read 561 times)

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fishing regulations
« on: Apr 10, 2014, 05:43 PM »
To simplify --- Why can't we have the same format as the depth maps by county . It would be so simple.

Offline hardwater12

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing regulations
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:21 PM »
If you want to pay for a system such as that out of your own pocket, I am sure the state would be more than happy to do that. The cost for a new system would raise the cost of licences and registrations, and people such as yourself would continue to blame the state. The current book is simple, every lake is different and should be treated so; if you can not understand the law book, give the MDIFW a call, they will be more than happy to help you. 

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:31 PM »
When a program is simplified it should be a cost saving process. Lower fishing and hunting licenses .more people able to use a system should make it a win win process for everyone. The depth map format has been in operation for years  at no extra cost,

Offline hardwater12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:36 PM »
Where do you think the money from your license goes, and how would a new system reduce the cost of licenses?

Offline polarbear86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:43 PM »
It is called know your lake! Depth it yourself keep track of bottom scape and learn how to fish it lol    Would be nice a state map that is true but Im good on keeping lic prices same or lower  its nuts how much I spend a year on fish and meat between gear fish hunt lic etc 
A bad day fishing is better than any day working

Offline Ohiocatfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's always a bigger fish
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2014, 09:32 PM »
When a program is simplified it should be a cost saving process. Lower fishing and hunting licenses .more people able to use a system should make it a win win process for everyone. The depth map format has been in operation for years  at no extra cost,

Why is this so hard for people to understand? New simple system=less operating cost like being on the phone with a confused fisherman.

With the current rule book, the more confusing they word and write it the more fines they get to pin on fishermen. The worst part I find with the book now is the special regs are separate from the normal body of water classifications....sho uld be easy to read. It isn't

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.