The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: had enough  (Read 1145 times)

icewagon

had enough
« on: Apr 10, 2014, 03:45 PM »
I have already had enough heat bring on winter , 4 seasons -early winter, mid winter, late winter and next winter !

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: had enough
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:44 AM »
I agree with you completely.   I could ice fish every day of the year and never get tired of it.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:23 AM »
I'm not ready to jump on the "ice wagon" yet, but I sure do miss the ice! ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:33 AM »
Mayflies and no see ums are in full swing .....kinda miss the bug free environment ...plus l would like to try my new Striker Ice Climate parka and bibs ....so yeah I may have had enough .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2014, 08:41 AM »
yeah, I'm tired of the mud and skeeters. Bring on the ice  :tipup:

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2014, 07:59 AM »
Im still enjoying the great weather we are having.Catching lots of fish.The ice will be on us sooner than you know it.I like to take 1 season at a time.We gotta get bow season in before icefishing,COME ON. :)

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2014, 08:46 AM »
We gotta get bow season in before icefishing

who says!  ;)

I remember a few years back I was watching a fat 6pt coming down the trail past my stand on a hot, early October evening. He was about 20 yards away and about to step into the opening when a cloud of blackflies flew into my face. The went right into my eyes and nose and I instinctively waved at them ... the buck turned himself inside out trying to get away! A little ice woulda been a good thing then too  ;D

icewagon

« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2014, 04:35 PM »
Im still enjoying the great weather we are having.Catching lots of fish.The ice will be on us sooner than you know it.I like to take 1 season at a time.We gotta get bow season in before icefishing,COME ON. :)
Your right Chez one season at a time ,if I remember right that was an unusually hot day for that time of year and had hand raked 6 tons of black top.  :P

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Aug 04, 2014, 07:52 AM »
WE are getting too old to be hand rakeing Blacktop brother.Never mind 6 yards.That sucks.
I enjoy the fall season,Shroom picking ,bow hunting,leaves changing,and the great SMALLMOUTH BITE,on CANNONSVILLe RES. in NY. mid SEP. to OCTOBER END.
Winter. i love,Deer and small game season,THe walleye bite on the river,A early ice season is great.LOng winter ice like last year.We were well on the ice till mid march.could of snuck another weekend on too but,was too busy.Was a great year.
Spring ,The panfish bite i live for.Along with the bullhead bite.And the CHANNEL CAT bite on the river last for atleast 2 months.We get out a lot for those guys.
Summer is the least popular season with me.I do like the heat,cookouts,swimming and all the beer drinking.LOL.But the fishin gets slower,i do a lot of topwater fishing for bass,and find myself in NY,on CANNONSVILLE or DOWNSVILLE fishing trout and smallies.I guess you gotta make the best of all seasons.MAYBE we can meet on the ice this year and have a few PABST.See ya on the ice. :)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2014, 03:02 AM »
I was out and about today and noticed a few leaves on two different maple trees have already started to turn colors.  This year it took a while for the temps to warm up, the summer hasn't been consistently hot, and they said the summer so far has been on of the coldest on record so maybe this winter will come early and stay long like last year.  Hopefully we'll have a cool or cold fall so it primes the water for making early ice when winter finally comes.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.