The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Salmon fishing new bee  (Read 601 times)

Offline icerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If your bobbers gone put on another one
Salmon fishing new bee
« on: Apr 10, 2014, 01:49 PM »
Hello all of you great Wisconsin fisherman and fisherwomen.  I am sorry to bother ya, but I am in a very interesting and exciting position.  I have been invited to go on my first Lake Michigan salmon fishing trip I believe we are going to two rivers on memorial day weekend.  We are going to start fishing on a pier.  I never fished salmon off shore before. I was hoping for some advice on what lures or bait I should bring with. I live in southern Iowa, ice fishing has been long gone. spring crappie and striper fishing is just picking up.  I am so looking forward to fishing in your state and become addicted to another species of fish. Thank you Rod. ;D

Offline mark/wi

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Salmon fishing new bee
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2014, 09:07 PM »
I wish I could help you, but I have never fished salmon. Sorry, Mark

Offline walleychaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2014, 11:59 PM »
A little Cleo is all you will need. Try a rainbow trout pattern or blue and silver. That's all I use when shore/wader fishing them. Also try a bobber with spawn bag.

Offline icerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If your bobbers gone put on another one
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Thank you guys, I sure appreciate this.  I hope you guys have a great spring.  I will try some cleos. Thanks again tight line to yas.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2014, 11:05 PM »
I used to guide salmon and trout on fly and spinning gear on the Milwaukee river. Get a mh 7ft spinning rod, a big 4000 series size reel and as much 10lb test line you can get on it. No firewire or spider wire. I believe they can see and smell it. Buy yourself 100.00 worth of Mepps #3 spinners, without hair and your golden.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.