Author Topic: I feel one more trip possible, but will probably require a plank...  (Read 1141 times)

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
..and maybe some water wings! ;D

I will be giving it one more try, but not without my safety as a first concern.

I figure that I can drop off the ice gear and maybe bring back the kayak in prep for the upcoming season.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not even a plank would have worked this weekend.
With shores open 5 feet out and thin ice at the edges I am calling it.
I will get my open water gear ready and get the kayak ready!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Made it out Friday morning to a local pond for a few hours. Was able to get on but by 11:00 it was a mess with 6" of water on top. Got home, cleaned my gear and put it away.

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
Higher elevation ponds and lakes are still quite fishable, very messy and very wet, but plenty of safe ice. I saw guys on Lake Morey (vt) yesterday. I too cleaned up my equipment for the season for the season. I leave my box open in case any residual moisture needs to escape. That keeps the mice out too.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Made it out Friday morning to a local pond for a few hours. Was able to get on but by 11:00 it was a mess with 6" of water on top. Got home, cleaned my gear and put it away.

Good job extending the season, Denny.  :)
Everything around here is either open or very close to open.
Wish the big lakes would give it up.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The ice is just starting to go grey in my neck of the woods. I'm hoping there will be some open shoreline this weekend at a couple of my favorite spots.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Was fishing on Winnipesaikee near Moultonborough, and although the main body of ice is still probably over a foot thick, the edges are pretty much gone out to about 10 feet from shore. Add to that the ice at the edge is also going fast, and we will probably be seeing floating ice sheets all over the lake.
The good thing with that is that once the ice can float freely, the wind and wave action will tear it apart in no time.

next will be the wait for the water temps to rise.

and then the fish will rise!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.