The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: One more time? ice near middlebury??  (Read 446 times)

Offline shippeevt

• IceShanty Rookie
One more time? ice near middlebury??
« on: Apr 10, 2014, 05:10 AM »
so im headed to middlebury this weekend, and hey maybe one more time??So anybody no of any ice any near middlebury? bomo? glen lake? or in the mountains?? maybe i'll just go soft water for opening day?
A bad day of fishing, is always better than a good day at work!

Offline Green Mountain Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: One more time? ice near middlebury??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2014, 07:07 AM »
The ice is going fast. 

With caution, there's opportunities on southern champlain, dunmore and bomo. 

I may venture out on the northern end of bomo myself on last time conditions permitting.

For open water, there's the "Otter Creek Classic" two day fishing tournament and "Fly Fishing Film Festival" Friday night held in Middlebury at the "Town Hall Theater" - both are organized through the local down town shop "Middlebury Mountaineer".

Good luck.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
Re: One more time? ice near middlebury??
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2014, 11:43 AM »
I was on the northern end of Bomo yesterday and the fishing was Awesome caught 20 nice perch with in 3 hours.. all slammers. see my other post on here. anyways the ice pack on bomo is still thick .. you can acces the ice on the northern boat launch , and over by the golf corse on the east side . i dont believe the green dump area is safe to get on any more. so fish the northern part of Bomo and you will be ok.. See you out there..
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.