Author Topic: yesterday at the "K"  (Read 768 times)

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yesterday at the "K"
« on: Apr 07, 2014, 10:27 AM »
Hit the "special K" in Moultonborough yesterday for a day on the ice.
Was able to walk right outy from the ramp, but you could tell that what was solid in the AM was going to be sloppy in the PM.
Hoofed out about 1/3 mile out into the 20-30 foot depth hoping for some perch.
I found some.
I found lots of them. (Of course they were all pike-bait sized 3-5 inch peckers.)

And in between I managed to jig up 4 hefty 12-13" white perch. brought home and filleted for a dinner this week.

The only bad part of the day was the top coat condition. The pond had approx. 2' of ice, but the top 4-6 was frozen slush.
As the day wore on, that top layer started to break, so that walking around and walking back to the ramp was a chore.
The only open water was to the right of the ramp near the wzater outlet. The only "wetfoot" I got was the last 10 feet from the ramp where the slush was wet.

The next week or so will probably destroy the edges completely, and only the most die hard anglers will even consider trying for one more trip.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: yesterday at the "K"
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2014, 10:49 AM »
Had the same thing happen to me with th ice conditions yesterday. Lots of whiteys in that place.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.