Author Topic: Scott Reservoir  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
Scott Reservoir
« on: Apr 07, 2014, 02:06 AM »
went to scott reservoir for first time yesterday. got skunked. not a nibble. but nice little place. parked at top of hill and walked down. 36 inches of ice. solid but definitely getting softer and slushy. nice ice fishing when its +10 and sunny

got checked by CO for first time in years. purchased liscence in the morning but printer was out of ink so didn't have it on me, but he looked me up on computer or w/e was good to go

"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Offline AngusMacHuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Scott Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Were there any others out that we're having luck? I like to fish Scott in May/June before it turns into pea soup, but some friends of mine saw some pretty significant summer kill last year in August. Not sure how thorough it was but definitely affected a good number of the larger fish. Was hoping to hear some positive reports through the ice...

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2014, 01:20 PM »
no one else was out there. there were some other holes recently used though. and garbage. I had my camera down and didn't see a fish all day. there was life though, bugs of sorts, crayfish or shrimp i couldn't really tell - didn't have the shack so lighting wasn't great for visibility with the camera. also water was really dirty. CO said people usually do good there but i didn't ask how recently or anything specific.

"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Offline wally wacker49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2014, 10:54 PM »
 was a summer kill in august on some of the larger trout. They  forgot to turn on the aeration pump and it got bad for a bit. Fished it in early november just as the ice was beginning to form on the lake. There was piles of small trout up by the dam, we couldn't get them to bite but the few we caught were right full of fresh water shrimp. so unless there was a winter kill there should still be lots in Scott

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.