The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Avatar Help  (Read 493 times)

Offline 44 Degrees North

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« on: Apr 05, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Well, thought it was time to add an avatar. My wife and I can't seem to figure it out. Need help.

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hell Ain't a bad place to be!
Re: Avatar Help
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2014, 06:23 PM »
You need to use the direct link from the pic (html) and also you will probably have to downsize the pic a lot.

Offline saltyshores

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Here is what worked for me about 5 years ago. Don't know if anything has changed on Photobucket:

To post pictures to the site...for avatar

1. Follow the Instructions on Photobucket upload your pictures to your Photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Place your cursor over the picture and a drop down menu will appear.Click on "Direct Link" and the link will be automatically copied to your "clipboard".
4. Paste the copied link to your post on MyFishfinder.com.

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2014, 07:00 PM »
The pic has to be downsized to like 100 x 200 or somewhere around there.

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2014, 07:36 AM »
Avatars should be no wider than 120 pixels so as to not distort the page. Some members also have long no-spaced names and they also can wreak havoc with the page. Example of a long non-spaced name is: "Thebigonethatdidn'tgetaway"

Posting pics, I like to resize them to no more than 800 pixels wide but the newer forums automatically add a scroll bar these days so the page does not get messed up. What I don't like about oversized pics is when someone posts a bunch in a row (or column) making it that you have to go down to the bottom, find the scroll bar, slide it to where you want it, then go back up to the pic you wanted to see, all the while not ever being able to see the entire shot at once. So if one wants to share a big pic, just provide the link to it so people can view it outside of the forum threads.
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Offline 44 Degrees North

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2014, 06:21 PM »
Thank You BA, SS, & NE. My wife has it figured out, now she has to try and teach the old goat. Thanks again.

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Cool avatar :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.