The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: It was a slow night On Bomo for smelt; but a fun night.  (Read 526 times)

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
I have been ice fishing for 5 days straight so to top  things off i went Smelt Fishing; Probably for the last time this year. The bite was very slow, The smelt were all over the flasher, especially just after dark but for some reason I could not get them to bite and i only ended up a Dozen Smelt. But now i believe the smelt are going to start to stage up near the creeks to spawn and they will start to leave the deep water and head for the shallow water , once they do spawn they will  make their way back out to the main lake and hide deepest parts of the lake where the water is the coldest.

One of the best things to happen to Bomo this year was the Smelt Population and i am glad some of you guys from the Forum got to experience the Smelt Boom on Bomo.

While i was out there , Ice team pro James.V made his way out and it was fun to hang out with him , Talk Ice fishing, and also get in on some picture taken for a Couple of different magazines that will be coming out next year. Maybe you will see my mugshot in the magazines along with James.  I got see The Fl-28 from vexilar in Action tonight and all i can Say is i want one next year.  ;D  i think it time to sell my Fl-20 and Fl 22 and buy the fl-28. I also got to see the hydro glow in action tonight and That light is so dam bright!! it will blow your mind!! Definitely getting one of those next year also.  ;D

Since i am done with smelt fishing for the year, time to focus on the big slammer perch that will start to come into the bays for late ice.  ;)
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
Re: It was a slow night On Bomo for smelt; but a fun night.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2014, 05:34 AM »
BW.don't forget you got a spot in my boat this summer whenever you want

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
Re: It was a slow night On Bomo for smelt; but a fun night.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2014, 08:05 AM »
BW.don't forget you got a spot in my boat this summer whenever you want
[/quote

Awesome and i am counting on it.. I love trolling the lake for salmon and lakers or whatever. i still have a ton a gear and lures from fishing chartering days. I look forward to it..
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.