The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: thanks!  (Read 1098 times)

Offline mtbigred

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks!
« on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:35 PM »
Thanks guys for a good year of talking ice fishing!!  Hope to see everyone here again next year safe and sound!

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
Re: thanks!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:20 PM »
You too. Switch over to myfishfinder.com, that's where we go for "soft water" season. Tight lines!

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2014, 04:14 PM »
thanks for saying thanks!

just cause the ice is gone for you, doesn't mean we have to be too
there's ice some where and fish

been trying to get myfishifinder michigan board rolling, but its slow like this board
have many of the same topics up that this site has up

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Hey 3300, I will try & do my part, as soon as I can get rid of this cold. Just tryin to check the ice conditions on Gull, after work, is a chore. Planning on getting the Toon ready this Friday. As soon as this place shuts down, I will be on MFF.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2014, 07:59 AM »
thanks smeltbuster!

you know, for all that you do for this site and its users and one of the most fished lakes around the area, you sure deserve a good life! maybe even a pay check.
when they give away stuff to try to keep people here, the ones who pick names, should look a little harder at yours
maybe a donation fund for the garbage service you started to keep folks on that lake that were littering and about to close down parking spots because of it. the bags and garbage disposal aren't free. i never have fished there, but i do see the big effort you put out there. Thanks!!

if we ever meet, i want to buy you a cold one
until then, cheers!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2014, 08:09 AM »
Hey 3300, I will try & do my part, as soon as I can get rid of this cold. Just tryin to check the ice conditions on Gull, after work, is a chore. Planning on getting the Toon ready this Friday. As soon as this place shuts down, I will be on MFF.

I am still chopping up the snowbank to get it to melt so I can get my toon to the drive so I can prep it for the season. I was at the boat launch yesterday. The lake is still locked up solid so I guess there is no real hurry.

Offline Nwfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2014, 03:30 PM »
  As a newbie, i would like to thank you all for your advise and help this year!!!!  Still looking for those night crappies, but there is always next year, just hope its as good as this year!!!:):)

Offline dangle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2014, 03:43 PM »
I to would like to thank the folks on this sight. I have learned and laughed a lot.

dangle

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:39 PM »
Hey 3300, Thank You :). No reimbursement needed, or wanted, fact of the matter is, others have been helping keep the garbage emptied on South Bay & 2nd. bay, this season. To them I say Thank You.  I am just glad that people are using them. Hoping this idea takes off at other lakes. Pretty simple,. put a weighted garbage can at an access point ,w/ a sign asking people to use it & not leave trash on the ice. Then just keep it emptied as needed. If you would like to fish Gull sometime, there will be a spot on my toon for you.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2014, 09:31 PM »
same goes for you if you want to fish the kzoo river downstream of albion
fast action and shallow waters make for a blast
my boat is only 14', perfect for river fishing and comfy chairs
lots of bass and pike and gills and crappies

i'll try to plan a trip your way this summer and will pm you when we can try to set a day for it.
my folks had boats (both made of wood, a cabin cruzer and a chris craft), way back when we were kids (60"s) and would put in at gun and gull lakes and let us swim at sand bars.

thanks for the invite!

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2014, 07:03 PM »
Hope you have an awesome summer. !

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2014, 07:34 PM »
thanks smeltbuster!

you know, for all that you do for this site and its users and one of the most fished lakes around the area, you sure deserve a good life! maybe even a pay check.
when they give away stuff to try to keep people here, the ones who pick names, should look a little harder at yours
maybe a donation fund for the garbage service you started to keep folks on that lake that were littering and about to close down parking spots because of it. the bags and garbage disposal aren't free. i never have fished there, but i do see the big effort you put out there. Thanks!!

if we ever meet, i want to buy you a cold one
until then, cheers!

By the way the giveaways use a number created by a random number generator, I usually help Scott with them. I have signed up for every one and never won Nuttin!  ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.