Author Topic: off topic need help  (Read 3525 times)

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
off topic need help
« on: Mar 31, 2014, 10:39 PM »

I hope I do not upset anyone with this off-topic post, but there are a lot of good people on here and any help at this point would be appreciated. On Tue. the 25th, our two yellow Labradors wiggled out of there 20x20 kennel. Due to the ice build up we had the door strapped tight because it would not latch. These dogs are part of our family and my kids especially are having a hard time right now... We live in the town of Freedom and we do know that they wandered over to the Effingham falls area on the night they wandered off. We have put up many flyers, facebook postings, and posted their pics on granite state dog recovery. We have and will take every measure possible in order to try and find them, even if we discover bad news.... We have contacted all the local law enforcement agencys, dog officers, and also shelters. The dogs were not spotted at all after the first evening they disappeared.

I am not sure what that means, and one can only speculate why they have not been spotted. Their names are parker and buddy. Parker is buddys dad and he is 80 lbs. and six years of age. Buddy is 3 years of age and is 60 lbs. They stay together at all times and would never separate. They were wearing an orange collar at the time, and had town dog tags on. I have burned more than two tanks of fuel searching for them, and have given out my number to countless good folks in the general vicinity of their disappearance. These dogs are as friendly as they come, and very curious by nature.

If by chance, anyone would happen to see them, or hear of someone possibly finding them, A generous reward will be offered for your help in bringing our dogs home, or even just knowing what may have happened to them.

Thank you,

jimmyrig
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: off topic need help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2014, 10:45 PM »
I hope you find them and in good shape. I live in mass so I don't think I will see them but I will keep an eye out for them just the same. Hopefully it wont belong they will be back with You.
PB

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2014, 03:59 AM »
Sorry about your pups..being an owner of two labs myself I can imagine how you feel..good luck and I hope you find them ....
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2014, 04:13 AM »
Over the years I have had several dogs , some which found ways to disappear. Do not give up hope. I had one that found his way home after 11 days and 70 +- miles with a 6 month old pup that left a jobsite with him.
On 2 differant occasions I called local authorities and several shelters and after describing my boy was told "no dog like that here". As a long reaching last ditch effort ended up going to shelter to find my animal. One time was right at NH humane society. Go to shelters. They are mostly volunteers trying to help , mistakes happen.
Labs follow their nose and could end up anywhere, follow up every lead. Contact every possible shelter, vet office. Dogs get hurt , good people bring them in for help and could stay under vets care before they go on to a shelter. My labs wear out and lose the tags on their collars pretty easy, so there might not be a trail to follow.
Good luck man , my eyes will be open wherever I travel.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:29 AM »
If you have pictures, please post them. It may help.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:42 AM »
Good luck man. I can't imagine what you're going through. Having a few pups myself, you're in my thoughts. Granite State dog rescue is a great resource and they get photos out to lots of people.
Again, best of luck to you finding your dogs

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:49 AM »
If you are on Facebook post it there ......   someone around here posted they found an old lab and he was reunited within a day
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2014, 09:47 AM »
Probably heading to Ossipee Thursday - Sunday.  I will keep my eyes open.  Hope you find them!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2014, 10:05 AM »
Really sorry to here this, I can't imagine what I'd be like if my dog was lost. I hope they are found safe and sound. An old hunters trick is to put your jacket or a shirt with your sent on it at the last place they were seen. With any luck they will find it and wait there for you. Good luck man.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2014, 10:34 AM »
definitely go to the pounds,  one had my dog years ago for days and kept denying it til i went out front and blew his whistle and heard my dog, then they wanted to charge me for 4 days. its pretty easy to identify an all blonde german shepard if theres only one in the whole town, they were scamming me

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:05 PM »
definitely go to the pounds,  one had my dog years ago for days and kept denying it til i went out front and blew his whistle and heard my dog, then they wanted to charge me for 4 days. its pretty easy to identify an all blonde german shepard if theres only one in the whole town, they were scamming me
That was kind of what happened to me with one of mine, I pulled in the parking lot of a holding shelter and I heard my dog from behind closed doors. He heard my truck and was unmistakingly howling to let me know he was there. I don`t believe it was done on purpose , but sometimes communications in an organization that is made up of volunteers can be tough.

Offline kl3377

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Very sorry to hear, I pray for their safe return.
A watched lake never freezes.

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:43 PM »
My heart goes out to you and family. Sure hope you get the labs back safe and sound.   :(

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2014, 01:00 PM »
Facebook as said earlier!! If you give me a picture of each dog and maybe a quick write up of the back story of each dog I will post it to my Facebook and I have over 200 friends, a lot from the Lakes Region. I have reposted 2 lost dog pictures and stories lately. If every one of those friends has 100 friends that means it will be seen by literally tens of thousands of people.

Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2014, 01:12 PM »
Sorry to hear...   Hope for their safe return.  Some good tips suggested but not sure I seen this one.  As we all know people for the most part suck.  Check Craig's list and any other publication that might sell animals.   Some one might have picked them up or even sole them from your yard  and are trying to sell them.   Good luck
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2014, 03:34 PM »
Facebook as said earlier!! If you give me a picture of each dog and maybe a quick write up of the back story of each dog I will post it to my Facebook and I have over 200 friends, a lot from the Lakes Region. I have reposted 2 lost dog pictures and stories lately. If every one of those friends has 100 friends that means it will be seen by literally tens of thousands of people.

Thanks Doctorgee,

I will work on getting some pics, been busy looking and making phone calls etc. My wife did put a pic on the granite state dog recovery page. I will not give up until I find out something....

Thank you everyone for your support, the general concencus amongst the people I have spoken with is that someone must have picked them up on the evening of the 25th....

They are yellow labs, both males, with faded orange collars. One is 8 and 80lbs. the other is 3 and 60 lbs. They will not seperate unless someone does this deliberately.

No spottings in over a week now since the first night. That is strange in an area where so many people are looking out for them. I know that they could have traveled far by now, and that is why I put out this message.

thanks again,   Jimmy

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Seriously post a picture on here and I will share it on my Facebook page
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Seriously post a picture on here and I will share it on my Facebook page

This is the best I have right now guys. Thanks.

[imhttp://s1295.photobucket.com/user/jimmyrigg/library/Mobile%20Uploadsg][/img]

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Apr 02, 2014, 07:56 PM »
This is the best I have right now guys. Thanks.

[imhttp://s1295.photobucket.com/user/jimmyrigg/library/Mobile%20Uploadsg][/img]

Tried to fix your pic, but your URL wasn't complete. So I went to your PB album and found this one. Hope it helps.

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Apr 02, 2014, 07:58 PM »
Tried to fix your pic, but your URL wasn't complete. So I went to your PB album and found this one. Hope it helps.

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Apr 02, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Very nice of you to that Wyoutdoors.  :clap:
Jimmy, I feel terrible about your situation. It's a horrible thing for you & your family to go through.
Hopefully they will return shortly. A friend lost a golden in the lakes region last year. Did the Granite state thing and all that you have done. He and a number of friends were on the look out every day in the woods & on the roads. By chance he found the dog himself quite a ways from home, I think 8 days later.

FWIW, I think its a good idea (today) to have dogs chipped.
Hopefully they weren't picked up & sold. But regardless, chips often times match them up with their owners.
Just the other day, a dog was being shipped from NC  & met the new owner (from Portsmouth) in Maine. During the hand off the (somewhat traumatized dog) slipped his collar. He was found later on, and was seen by a vet in ME for injuries he sustained. Vet saw the info from the chip, contacted NC and the dog was instantly reunited with the new owner in Portsmouth.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Apr 02, 2014, 09:49 PM »
I posted the pic on my Facebook page and asked everyone to share...it's a long shot on my part but you never know...keep us updated if you could

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2014, 03:50 PM »
Very nice of you to that Wyoutdoors.  :clap:
Jimmy, I feel terrible about your situation. It's a horrible thing for you & your family to go through.
Hopefully they will return shortly. A friend lost a golden in the lakes region last year. Did the Granite state thing and all that you have done. He and a number of friends were on the look out every day in the woods & on the roads. By chance he found the dog himself quite a ways from home, I think 8 days later.

FWIW, I think its a good idea (today) to have dogs chipped.
Hopefully they weren't picked up & sold. But regardless, chips often times match them up with their owners.
Just the other day, a dog was being shipped from NC  & met the new owner (from Portsmouth) in Maine. During the hand off the (somewhat traumatized dog) slipped his collar. He was found later on, and was seen by a vet in ME for injuries he sustained. Vet saw the info from the chip, contacted NC and the dog was instantly reunited with the new owner in Portsmouth.

Very good advice indeed, I wish I would have done that...... I have not heard anything at all, It is beginning to look like the dogs were picked up by someone. I can understand someone picking up the dogs out of concern, but to not contact the town and inquire about the dog license numbers..... that is more like stealing. In todays day in age, people are always watching, filming, texting, etc. We should have had a sighting somewhere by now.

The only other theory I have is maybe coyotes? If that is the case, I will hopefully find the collars or something in the woods or maybe a fellow sportsman will find them someday.

thank you all,

Jimmy

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Apr 03, 2014, 08:31 PM »
Don't lose hope Jimmy!  They will come home

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2014, 02:36 AM »
Jimmyrig do not give up hope there was a short story on last nights WNBC news out of NYC of a dog being reunited with his owners after missing for 17 months.
Steve

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2014, 11:32 AM »
I would contact Harvest Hills Animal Shelter in Fryburg too ~ you're pretty close to Maine

http://harvesthills.org/contact-us/

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2014, 02:09 PM »
I would contact Harvest Hills Animal Shelter in Fryburg too ~ you're pretty close to Maine

http://harvesthills.org/contact-us/

Thank you,  Sinnian

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #27 on: Apr 10, 2014, 08:27 PM »
Rig  I saw the new post hoped it was good news I hope the best keep us in formed

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Apr 11, 2014, 07:42 AM »
Rig  I saw the new post hoped it was good news I hope the best keep us in formed

No news, I will keep informed.

Thanks, Art

Jimmy

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 09:03 PM »

Unfortunately, not good news. Our younger dog "buddy" was found on the bank of the Ossipee river by a fisherman, about a mile and a half from where they were last seen on the night they wandered. He was delivered to us by the animal control officer yesterday, and was there for quite some time. We have his collar to remember him by....

Must have  fallen into the river which was moving at its fastest last month. I cant imagine they would go in the water deliberately....must have slipped while getting a drink or something. Hopefully he did not suffer. We have not found his dad "Parker" yet, but I am sure they stuck together until the end.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the support, and pass it along.

Jimmy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.