The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Check out my new boat I am definately ready for the ice to melt  (Read 1899 times)

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
1990 Mako 260. This a wellknown offshore hull, I'll be chasing cod,stripers and Giants soon after almost year I finally found her

Think this is enough Horses  ;D ;D

Come on get on the ice fish!!

Offline seayaknh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Awesome

Offline Xfs

• IceShanty Rookie
Sweet!  Bet you can't wait to get her in the water.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice ! :)

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
Pretty cool I am excited. I have lots of room for fisherman on the boat I'd like to take some ice shanty guys out to sea for days of fishing, cod/haddock trips, striped bass, and giant tuna wishing. If you are interested PM, Im not looking to make money but would like help feeding the two heavy drinkers on the back.

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice boat Wes!  I will definitely be in touch about fishing this summer. 

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
She's a beaut !! Nice set of twins !! :woot: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
Very nice .. makes me miss my charter Boat.. :'(
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
That is going to be a blast this year.  I've only gone stripper fishing once off of Nauset beach.  In about six hours we pulled in about 40 huge strippers.  One of the best fishing experiences of my life.  My friends and I were talking about bringing kayaks down this year and trying for them.  Maybe we can meet up one day.  I don't think many people on here can appreciate what a fantastic offer you have make.  Tight lines!

Offline dave bartlett

• Team IceShanty Regular
         Congrats.I just bought one last year.Doesn't look it's age.Was a new motor in 2007 and a new kicker Merc in 2011. 83 Grady White 21 ft.It came with everything.GPS didn't work.I tried everything.Called the company 3 times. Went out 7 times.had a ball.Still trying to learn how to use the downriggers and planer boards.I just bought a Lowrance Elite 5-HDI GPS/Sonar/.Have to find someone to hook it up.Cant wait to use it.It will pick up a boot on the bottom of the lake.From what i understand.I am real shaky loading on the trailer still but practice will make it better.Good Luck to you.Dave

Offline bigcat61

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Check out my new boat I am definately ready for the ice to melt
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2014, 05:54 PM »
hey dave
 if you ever need any help loading it back on the trailer i will be more than glad to give you a helping hand, just as long as you turn me on to some fish.  lol.. 

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2014, 06:12 PM »
That is awesome!!! May the waters give you smooth rides. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2014, 11:26 PM »
Beautiful Boat!!!!!!
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Offline dave bartlett

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:38 AM »
       Bigcat61,
  Lets plan it now.We will go atleast one day out of a every weekend weather permitting.I will be looking forward to it.My operation might set me back a few weeks but by the end of may i should be good.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:52 AM »
Sweet Boat

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Apr 01, 2014, 08:39 AM »
Awesome rig!  I love Yamaha outboards, too.  Had great luck with them, but it's been many years since I had a boat.  Where do you usually fish out of for stripers, etc WMHUNTS?  We always spend a week or 2 in the Hampton, NH area in August and would love to take my son out for some striper fishing sometime.

Offline dave bartlett

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Apr 01, 2014, 09:48 AM »
     wmhunts,
 I do like your boat.Actually i like it better than mine.I love that style.Looks clean to.I'm sure you will have a blast.I take it it's a 26 ft?

Offline shippeevt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:25 PM »
Nice boat!!! I cant wait for my annual trip out in maine!!
A bad day of fishing, is always better than a good day at work!

Offline troutcrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:55 PM »
Nice looking boat, congratulations!  Lol "heavy drinkers" :)

Offline jthurs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Apr 02, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Nice ride!

Offline Green Mountain Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Apr 02, 2014, 05:04 PM »
Nice Pair - a fishing beast built for the big lake - Champlain! 

I went over the bridge this afternoon and for the 1st time in a long while there's open water below with a few guys fishing on the backside of Chimney Point.

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #21 on: Apr 02, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Sorry scrambler I cleared it out. Ive been trying to save personal messages with good info, but I guess there is a limit. Try to pm  me again
The boat is actually almost 30 ft. I don't know why its called a 260 its 28ft to the pulpit and the pulpit is another foot and a half. I was just in her dreaming. Knock on wood for 25 yrs old I'm amazed how everything I mess with is still working. So excited I'd like to take everyone fishing. If you pm me about fishing please include your phone number and I'll save it to my phone and be in touch when I'm lookin for mates.
 The boat will be staying in Gloucester MA for the season unless I find better fishing elsewhere. Cape anne is a great place to keep a boat because its a big point that sticks way out in the ocean making the runs to fishing grounds closer.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2014, 07:42 AM »
         Congrats.I just bought one last year.Doesn't look it's age.Was a new motor in 2007 and a new kicker Merc in 2011. 83 Grady White 21 ft.It came with everything.GPS didn't work.I tried everything.Called the company 3 times. Went out 7 times.had a ball.Still trying to learn how to use the downriggers and planer boards.I just bought a Lowrance Elite 5-HDI GPS/Sonar/.Have to find someone to hook it up.Cant wait to use it.It will pick up a boot on the bottom of the lake.From what i understand.I am real shaky loading on the trailer still but practice will make it better.Good Luck to you.Dave

Dave .. get a hold of me and we can do some fishing!! I was charter captain for many years and i can show you allot when it comes to fishing with downriggers, planner boards, etc. I still have a ton of gear and lures. trolling is an art form in my book, and having the right electronics is key. What kind of riggers do you have??
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.