Author Topic: End of season  (Read 1372 times)

Offline coltcurtis

• IceShanty Rookie
  • pike hunter
End of season
« on: Mar 30, 2014, 06:52 PM »
Well that time of year is upon us.....:(     Hope everyone had a safe, successfull, fun winter season !!! Was gonna head out this morn from Saskatoon to blackstrap to run out rest of gas from auger and catch a few, but decided it was to windy for me to venture out today. Hope everyone took the kids out for a education of ice safety and fish handling. Thanks to the c.o's for keeping us yahoos in check. Thanks to the big boy trucks for making us a path to get on the lakes. Thanks to the 3 big jacks that took my 3 favorite hooks that I've had forever r.i.p ... U will be missed dearly . Thanks for the beers,laughters and knowledge I had with others I came across this winter. Thanks to the fishing hole,canadian tire,wholesale sports for there tackle ..and the odd gas station along my journeys that sold overpriced minnows ... Most of all thank u too my beautifull wife who understands that I must do what I gotta when it's winter ( she is deathly afraid of the ice, but always out with me in the boat in summer). Thank u my dear ..kept the lines tight and will do in summer as well. Catch ya all on the the summer site !!!!

Offline ProV1X

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: End of season
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2014, 07:17 PM »
Very well said. And also a thank-you to Mother Nature for making things so damn tough!! Cause if it was easy, everyone would do it!!!!!!

Offline saskarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2014, 07:33 PM »
Very well said.  We're out on big shell trying to get a few more burbot before the season is over

Offline coltcurtis

• IceShanty Rookie
  • pike hunter
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Thank u guys. If anyone is out margo lake way this  summer, can always make room for 2 extra people to enjoy a nice night of trolling  !!!

Offline slenderspoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2014, 12:21 AM »
Had a great last day today on pelican lake a few miles south of Margo lake. Landed my new personal best for walleye through the ice with a 5.1 lb or 23.9 inches. And had a large pike try take my sonar down the hole when he tried to latch on to my transducer!!! That was the craziest thing I have seen all winter! Have a good summer folks!!

Offline coltcurtis

• IceShanty Rookie
  • pike hunter
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:55 PM »
my wifes uncle sheldon was at pelican on the 30th and caught a nice 7.1 lb walleye .. i fish pelican most the time in summer,one of my favorites for trolling around..boat launching has sucked for years there,but always worth it

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2014, 10:07 PM »
Is this the lake you guys are calling pelican? (Usinneskaw Lake, as per google maps)  Or could someone please describe which one it is?  Thanks!

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Usinneskaw+Lake/@51.7878869,-103.3660293,2819m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x52e2b7725daacd1d:0x4cac958608171218

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2014, 11:29 PM »
Pelican is actually called Whitesand Lake, it is across the road from Usinneskaw or otherwise known as Stoney Lake!

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2014, 01:27 AM »
Thank you

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2014, 12:34 PM »
No problem! ;D

Offline golf560

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2014, 02:21 PM »
Very well said. thanks!
I finally decided to get a FX4 , now have to adjustify why we need it- to buy a boat for summer !  :)
see you on the open water!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.