Author Topic: Ted's Lake Or Shirley Lake  (Read 1755 times)

Offline dsab

• IceShanty Rookie
Ted's Lake Or Shirley Lake
« on: Mar 28, 2014, 10:56 PM »
Anyone been out to Ted's this winter? Thinking about going on Sunday. Any info is appreciated.

Is Shirley better?

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ted's Lake Or Shirley Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2014, 05:18 PM »
I was out at Ted's in January, ice was sketchy. Anywhere from 6" on the west side to a foot, with slush under the snow and overflow coming from all the holes.  Fishing was great though, caught about a dozen trout with 7 being good keepers and the biggest at just over 21". If you get out, let me know how you do. Good luck

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2014, 03:00 AM »
I would also like to know what it was like if you ended up going to teds.  I was thinking of maybe getting out once in april, maybe on easter weekend if the ice would permit it...  Not sure if that is highly unlikely?  I know a lot of the big lakes were still frozen over by may 5th in the south last year.  Not sure how the small northern lakes would fair though.

Thanks

Offline dsab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2014, 11:54 PM »
We tried Snell for the morning (8-11:30am) on March 30th.  After not a bite, or even one mark on the flasher in 3.5h we pulled the pin and hiked the mile or so into Ted's.  It was our first time there - beautiful.  And surprisingly deep and steep. 

1:00 to 6:30 we caught 4 nice rainbows.  Should have had 2 or 3 more, but we lost them at the hole. Were using barbless, as we were fishing catch and release anyway. 

Overall great day on Ted's.  I would definitely go again. Here are a couple pics of the two nicest rainbows.

Offline sandman66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2014, 09:19 AM »
Shirley has good sized Rainbows. Ice fished it once and dragged flies there on several occasions.

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Hello teds lake fisher people! By chance are any of u from the sod farm in shell brook?

Jigg on.
Jig on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.