Author Topic: What Vex Transducer ?  (Read 1100 times)

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
What Vex Transducer ?
« on: Mar 26, 2014, 08:44 AM »
I upgraded from a fl8 to a fl 20 this year.My 20 has the 19deg. transducer.I want to upgrade my transducer.I can get the tri beam for $90 or proveiw for $119.What would you buy?Saving a little cash would be nice but not if it is giving up much performance.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What Vex Transducer ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2014, 09:01 AM »
I upgraded from a fl8 to a fl 20 this year.My 20 has the 19deg. transducer.I want to upgrade my transducer.I can get the tri beam for $90 or proveiw for $119.What would you buy?Saving a little cash would be nice but not if it is giving up much performance.

I have an 18 with the 12 degree and it is lacking in water greater than 100'  ......   i have looked into it a little and it seems like the proview is the way to go.  Search on here and you will find a couple of very informative posts.

Since we are just about done i am going to use the summer to search for a deal on ebay or craigslist   ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline BURBOTISM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2014, 03:45 PM »
Im using proview and really like it, jigging 200 FOW no problem

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:37 AM »
I  have the proview on a fl20 and it works great.i like fishing with the gain on zero so im fishing for the fish that are directly under me.but if im not on fish I crank the gain up a bit to see whats around.

Offline Jodipuma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2014, 11:09 PM »
How old is your 19? I'll buy it if you want to get rid if it

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2014, 08:56 PM »

if you bought the FL 20 new it would of came with either the 12 degree transducer or the Pro View Transducer. if it had a 19 degree transducer it must have been a used unit or you took the 19 degree from your FL 8 and put it on the FL 20. the 12 degree and 19 degree transducer look the same but the 19 will be a hair narrower like 1.5 inch diameter and the 12 will be like a 1.8 inch diameter. it should say on the side of the transducer by were the cord goes into it.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.