New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Please post the date of your final trip  (Read 5742 times)

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
Re: Please post the date of your final trip
« Reply #60 on: Apr 06, 2014, 06:58 PM »
March 29th, definitely my latest trip ever here on lake George.  i don't swim in the summer, and don't want to in the winter either...Barebow

JJ

« Reply #61 on: Apr 06, 2014, 11:10 PM »
April 5th on LG.....unless i decide to make a 2 mile trek into a backwoods pond with perch sunfish and pike  ;)

Pike season is closed.  ;)

Offline waterwalker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Apr 06, 2014, 11:58 PM »
last date was april 2.  plenty of good ice although it was softening, but also enough rotted ice in spots to get me to put my gear away. put my spudbar through with one hit in a number of spots but ice was fine in other areas. finished with perch in the morning and crappies in the afternoon.

Offline yarn em in

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Apr 07, 2014, 02:14 PM »
April 4th on otsego lake, there was still 14" once out on it.

Offline teddyd1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ya you can find us where the Jiggins at
« Reply #64 on: Apr 07, 2014, 02:29 PM »
How do u post pics??
Bustin balls and framin walls

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Apr 07, 2014, 06:42 PM »
photobucket account to upload pictures.  CAPTJJ im fishing for the perch  ;)

Offline fishfetcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:27 PM »
4-7-14  lakeview pond

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:34 PM »
got out today but with the rain and warm temps the next few days i think thats about gonna do it for me.not gonna pack the gear away yet just in case.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

JJ

« Reply #68 on: Apr 07, 2014, 08:17 PM »
photobucket account to upload pictures.  CAPTJJ im fishing for the perch  ;)

Cool.  @) Some people think it's OK to target fish when they are out of season and say things like: " I can't help it if they bite."  ;D

Good luck.

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #69 on: Apr 08, 2014, 07:02 AM »
April 5th for us on Lake George, it was great getting out in April!

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Apr 08, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Cool.  @) Some people think it's OK to target fish when they are out of season and say things like: " I can't help it if they bite."  ;D

Good luck.

Unless he goes to Champlain. Pike open all year, according to the DEC website.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Apr 08, 2014, 08:38 AM »
Champlain is definetly a year round pike lake..

JJ

« Reply #72 on: Apr 08, 2014, 01:00 PM »
Champlain wasn't even mentioned, it's not a backwoods pond you hike into.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #73 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:43 AM »

well 4/9/14 for me could ice fish some more but it's time to hit the streams for browns  ;D

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Apr 10, 2014, 08:46 AM »
I think I might hang it up and call it at 4/7.
I'd have to drive double the distance to find ice that I would to find some biting brookies.
My freezer is jammed with perch. No complaints this year.  ;D
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

JJ

« Reply #75 on: Apr 10, 2014, 11:14 AM »
Speared  ;D, no arrowed two more turkeys in Nebraska and I'm tagged out.

This morning:

Last evening:

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:18 PM »
april 7th 2014

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #77 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:27 PM »

well done JJ

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Speared  ;D, no arrowed two more turkeys in Nebraska and I'm tagged out.

Not sure if that guy ever came back into this thread.  He may forever think you're tossing javalins for Turkey  ;D.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #79 on: Apr 10, 2014, 09:39 PM »
I think I might hang it up and call it at 4/7.
I'd have to drive double the distance to find ice that I would to find some biting brookies.
My freezer is jammed with perch. No complaints this year.  ;D

What about those slabs at @#$#^&* ? I thought we agreed that you would try to get on ice somewhere in May, just to say that you did. But I do understand, more than just about anyone  ::) what a drag it is to drive a long way to ice fish. It is easier to call the season when you open your freezer and see 8 months of fish dinners stacked up in there.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Apr 11, 2014, 06:31 AM »
What about those slabs at @#$#^&* ? I thought we agreed that you would try to get on ice somewhere in May, just to say that you did. But I do understand, more than just about anyone  ::) what a drag it is to drive a long way to ice fish. It is easier to call the season when you open your freezer and see 8 months of fish dinners stacked up in there.
I lost the drive the moment I floated a worm down the "Butterbowl" that you and uncle K brought me to when I was a kid.  ;D
My last limit of perch was my biggest limit and last day on the ice.  ;D
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Apr 12, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Update:  Yesterday(4/11) I made the 2 mile trek to a backwoods pond in search of last ice.  It wasn't easy walking with most of the woods having a foot more of snow but I enjoyed it regardless.  It was a bittersweet walk out knowing this time would be the last.

Offline hardwaterB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Apr 12, 2014, 06:12 PM »
was on a small lake in Piseco this morning,1perch,1pickerel and 1 sunny.ice was solid but shorelines are going fast.last trip this year. :'( :'(

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #83 on: Apr 13, 2014, 06:44 AM »
Update:  Yesterday(4/11) I made the 2 mile trek to a backwoods pond in search of last ice.  It wasn't easy walking with most of the woods having a foot more of snow but I enjoyed it regardless.  It was a bittersweet walk out knowing this time would be the last.

Berkley, you are hardcore man. Thanks for the pics and you got at least 8 perch I see, so a good trip and a good hike. A true Adirondack adventure - you are living the dream. I am envious I did not do any backwoods fishing in a long time.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Apr 13, 2014, 04:53 PM »
Last day for me was today.  Fished Blue Mt. Lake, did well for this lake, 4 lakers, largest 29 inches, 7 lbs.  Losing ice all day. There was betweekn 10-20 inches of ice, with water running all over. 

Offline Crash1433

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Apr 14, 2014, 11:32 AM »
Last trip for me was the 10th. Upper saranac lake. way over 24 inches of ice when I got there in the morning at 830. Caught smelt all morning. From 9 until noon it was as fast as I could get it down. Then at noon it slowed up and by 130 the bite was non-existent. Packed up my stuff at 1:45 and had 180 smelt. The top 6 or 8 inches was very honeycombed when I was walking off and the shore was slush over my ankles when I got there. I was going to go yesterday but the weather forcast ended that . I've been up there enough to know that late season fishing is going to be slushy at best and 25 to 30mph winds take all the fun out of being on the ice. I would rate my season up there at a 6 or 7. Start of the season was rough. We had a few days where we struggled to get 50 each. The last 3 times I went I had over 160 fish so that helped.  Ice fishing in April was a first for me.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Apr 14, 2014, 12:02 PM »
Warrior on Ice thank you for the compliments. it doesnt seem to matter what season of the year it is, whether hunting, fishing or hiking theres always that "pull" coming from the big woods of the Adirondacks and I considerd myself very lucky to call this place home. Adventures like this often take me to places where I often ask myself " I wonder if anyone has ever stood here." Its an exhilarating experience and the mysterious suspence of never knowing whats around the next corner, or over the next ridge that keeps me coming back and will until the day I die.  Ill be back at it this coming weekend, but ill being looking for "ice out" instead of "safe ice".  Its time for some Brookies

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Apr 14, 2014, 12:32 PM »
Last weekend on the "K" in Moultonborough, NH
Managed 4 white perch that were prepped and eaten.
Knowing what fish are in some of the ponds I fish may present me with potential fish dinners for entire year.

Now if I can get my kayak ready for action, I'll be all set!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #88 on: Apr 14, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Warrior on Ice thank you for the compliments. it doesnt seem to matter what season of the year it is, whether hunting, fishing or hiking theres always that "pull" coming from the big woods of the Adirondacks and I considerd myself very lucky to call this place home. Adventures like this often take me to places where I often ask myself " I wonder if anyone has ever stood here." Its an exhilarating experience and the mysterious suspence of never knowing whats around the next corner, or over the next ridge that keeps me coming back and will until the day I die.  Ill be back at it this coming weekend, but ill being looking for "ice out" instead of "safe ice".  Its time for some Brookies

Berkley, don't ever lose that fire within you to own outdoor experiences. Your health, and the joy that comes from persuing your passions, are both things that money can't buy. I once hiked Mount San Antonio in California on a whim. I spent 6 hours without seeing another soul, and managed to stand at 10,046 feet on the summit just taking in the view. I felt like the only person on planet Earth. It was eerie but at the same time a very powerful feeling. Every man has some level of desire to master his environment, and the greater the challenge in doing so, the stronger the feeling of reward. WARRIOR  OUT

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #89 on: Apr 14, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Last day for me was today.  Fished Blue Mt. Lake, did well for this lake, 4 lakers, largest 29 inches, 7 lbs.  Losing ice all day. There was betweekn 10-20 inches of ice, with water running all over.

wec, that is a very good laker, congrats man! Also, you as an April 13 entry seem to stand a good chance to be the latest date for NY. Let's see if other posts come in with later dates, but as of right now you are the man that went deepest into April. This topic is getting very interesting now. Let's see who, if anyone can top Mr. wec.

APRIL 13, going once, going twice ...............

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.