New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Mods  (Read 874 times)

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mods
« on: Mar 24, 2014, 08:44 AM »
Well if your going to delete my post and not pm me or atleast move my thread to another location you could give me a heads up. Some of us are generally pretty new to this forum and for you to delete my write up and not say a word to me is silly.

FISHFORPIKE

Re: Mods
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:10 AM »
Well if your going to delete my post and not pm me or atleast move my thread to another location you could give me a heads up. Some of us are generally pretty new to this forum and for you to delete my write up and not say a word to me is silly.
They would be so busy sending PMs to folks that they would not have to moderate the forums  ;)
Read the rules and you will understand.

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:22 AM »
A quick pm does not take more then a minute. Im just trying to help out fellow fisherman its not like i offended anyone. But if i did write an offensive thread im sure a mod would take there time to tell at me.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:46 AM »
If it was a serious offense, you definitely would have gotten a pm, but because it was minor and seeing as you've been a member on here since 2011, we thought that you would know how busy we can be. 

That being said, I went back to see what posts of yours were removed. I see the reason they were removed is they violated Iceshanty.com policy for items for sale. If you want to sell something, please read this first:

For Sale Policy

Thank you.
Roy
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:48 AM »
truth  is  when  ever  i  had a a  post  deleted   or  a  threat  lcked  or  moved  it  was  pretty  clear  why  ....  been a  few  mistakes  in the  past  but when that  happened  they  fixed  it  .....

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:53 AM »
I have had 2 replies to posts deleted and have no idea why one was in the po'ed wives and girlfriends and the other in the good lake trout recipe!!!! I just figured it was a mistake after the first one but on the second one I'm starting to wonder.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:55 AM »
Thank you Roy for clarification .  The only reason I had posted it on the New York thread because I was only trying to keep it semi local.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2014, 06:21 PM »

I know why mine get deleted and with that I sometimes get a warning , opps I use the old senile get out of jail free card  ;)or it's the other voice telling me to do that  ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2014, 06:39 PM »
You've had posts deleted????????? Bad boy gotta be nice.... Only hooligans get deleted.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Usually happens when some one pouts.   I stopped typing pages of info because all it takes is one feeling to get hurt and twenty minutes of typing gets removed.  So I removed most all of the useful info I posted through the years.  Had over 500 long posts.  Lmao. Now I'll build it up with " nice fish " comments.  Some things I understand, other things make no sense.  Seems the moderating got out of hand when Adkroy took some time off. And others became mods.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2014, 08:06 PM »
Trust me when I say this, If I or any mods were doing a bad job, then the owner of this site would get rid of us. He's done it to former mods.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.