Author Topic: Marcum LX6,7,9 motors??  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
Marcum LX6,7,9 motors??
« on: Mar 20, 2014, 05:37 PM »
so I stopped in a cabelas to look at some flashers last night and got talking with one of the employees. he starts telling me to get a LX5 but I wanted an LX6 or 7 since I've had problems with the motor on my LX5 in the past. he then tells me they all have the same motor. is this guy way out to lunch or do LX6,7and 9s have a motor in them as well? ???

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Marcum LX6,7,9 motors??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2014, 09:10 PM »
First Off I would never buy a flasher- Why would anyone in there right mind want to sit and watch a Red, Yellow or Green Line bounce all over the screen..

If you want something that will last forever get a Hummingbird 570 or higher model- They have a Real Time Sonar Screen and when a fish shows up on the screen you see it as a "FISH" not a bouncy colored line.. And you can see the tiniest jig show up with no problem..

But to each there own..
Marvin

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2014, 09:20 PM »
so I stopped in a cabelas to look at some flashers last night and got talking with one of the employees. he starts telling me to get a LX5 but I wanted an LX6 or 7 since I've had problems with the motor on my LX5 in the past. he then tells me they all have the same motor. is this guy way out to lunch or do LX6,7and 9s have a motor in them as well? ???
No motors in the the LX6/7/9 they are 100% digital.  flat screen display with tons of options to choose from - want a flasher? it'll put an image of a flasher on the screen just as well as a graph or a vertical display or any combination of those.  You get to see what you like.  I don't have to see an image of a fish on the screen to know that it is a fish I'm seeing down there.  Those machines that put fish on the screen? well they are just images of fish; anything the sonar sees, above bottom, it will represent as a fish.  The Cabelas sales guy needs a lesson or two, I'd say.  ;)

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2014, 09:52 PM »
No motor in them.

but really, first off I would never get a sonar why would want a little icon of a fish or an upside down arc in real time?  I use a camera and when there's a fish I see a real fish!!!!!!!! not some little <>< scrolling across the screen.....  ::) ::)

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2014, 05:00 AM »
My lx9 has no motor and I have never used the flasher mode on it. Forgot there is one on there. I watch a graph with bottom vertical zoom. Thinking elk hunter might want to do some research before commenting.

gman51

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2014, 09:25 AM »
x2 you can sure tell who has very little experience on anything to do about fishing electronics when they post a comment like that.if your not sure what your talking about do your research. then say your piece. and avoid coming across like an idiot.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2014, 10:43 AM »
First Off I would never buy a flasher- Why would anyone in there right mind want to sit and watch a Red, Yellow or Green Line bounce all over the screen..

If you want something that will last forever get a Hummingbird 570 or higher model- They have a Real Time Sonar Screen and when a fish shows up on the screen you see it as a "FISH" not a bouncy colored line.. And you can see the tiniest jig show up with no problem..

But to each there own..

lol
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2014, 01:03 PM »
x2 you can sure tell who has very little experience on anything to do about fishing electronics when they posts a comment like that.if your not sure what your talking about do your reserch. then say your piece. and avoid coming across like an idiot.

I was kind of hoping he was joking...

I prefer a flasher over graph mode but that is my opinion and I have never used a graph mode type fish finder, i have only seen others use them.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

gman51

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2014, 01:13 PM »
well if you never used a graf type electronics yourself for fishing summer or winter you really cant say you prefer flasher style until you tried it. imo

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2014, 01:23 PM »
well if you never used a graf type electronics yourself for fishing summer or winter you really cant say you prefer flasher style until you tried it. imo

I have used them in open water not ice fishing.    ;)

And why can I NOT say what I prefer?? Regardless if what I have or have not used??
 ???

I would prefer a ferrari but I have never driven one.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

gman51

« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2014, 03:39 PM »
cause i said. lol

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2014, 05:00 PM »

Offline Burt Lake Ron

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2014, 12:28 PM »
No motor in them.

but really, first off I would never get a sonar why would want a little icon of a fish or an upside down arc in real time?  I use a camera and when there's a fish I see a real fish!!!!!!!! not some little <>< scrolling across the screen.....  ::) ::)
Yep those cameras that see every direction are great.  What camera did you get?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.