New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LOST ON OTSEGO 3/19!  (Read 634 times)

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
LOST ON OTSEGO 3/19!
« on: Mar 20, 2014, 09:36 AM »
If anybody on here happens to find a HT tipup case with 5 older wooden tipups in it please let me know. They belong to the guy that took me out fishing yesterday. They are not super costly tipups, but he has used them for many years and we all know that feeling when any of our tackle is lost.
  His name is on the flags of all five tipups. Leave a note here or PM me if found,,,,,,,Thanks

BIGJim223

Offline DrGreene

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LOST ON OTSEGO 3/19!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2014, 07:12 PM »
We were out of 3 mile yesterday from 20 to 100  feet I did not see any tip ups

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2014, 07:36 PM »
We fished from 5 Mile north to Glimmerglass, Sunken Island, and Gravelly Point. I was keeping a very close eye on the sled as I was riding side saddle on the wheeler, never saw the case come off. Being it was black and no snow cover it should have stuck out like a sore thumb on the glare ice!
  I am going out to look for it tomorrow with my wheeler. You never know.....
I gave my buddy 5 of my backup tipups, but like he said- It's the sentimental value of tackle you have used for years and caught plenty of good memories with!

BIGJim223

Offline DrGreene

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2014, 08:04 PM »
Drove by there on the way home I only saw a blue hut out there good luck you should find them

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2014, 07:54 AM »
The blue Clam was there when we left. We stopped to talk to him on our way in to see how he was doing. There were also 2 guys that were on Pegg's Point that whet out when we did in the morning. They were from outside Albany and have been hitting Otsego regularly this winter.
  Hopefully someone finds the tipups today or over the weekend.

BIGJim223

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.