New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York Gathering  (Read 405 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
New York Gathering
« on: Mar 19, 2014, 04:44 PM »
Is there a NY gathering this year?  When? 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: New York Gathering
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2014, 03:38 AM »
Kb around the end of February there was a combined Jake's Fish for a Cure/annual Lake George outing . I know you follow the SENY thread the plan for members in that part of the state was to meet at Lake Huntington in western Sullivan County on Jan.19 this date was canceled. The back up was to use the Mahogany Ridge Hunting & Fishing club contest on Highland Lake(western Sullivan County) this contest was held on Feb.15 some members made the contest and fished in what had to be hard conditions. Winter storm Pax went through the area on Feb.14 and dumped 20 or more inches of snow. There may have been other regional outings I would have to go back through the NY.community/board to find the threads/posts about them. To my knowledge there has not been a state wide outing in the last few years. Due to computer problems and limited income I missed the 2009-10 through 20011-12 ice seasons here on Ice Shanty. Back in 2009 I co-organized a outing/gathering on Oneida Lake we had a limited turn out around 13 members if my memory is correct. We live in a large state surface area wise and not many people are willing to drive multiple hours to fish.
Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Re: New York Gathering
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2014, 04:10 AM »
Last year there was a get together on lake George toward the end of the season, and I had read some where that there was interest in doing it again this year. I just wasn't sure if there was another one planned for this year.

Locally many lakes and ponds will probably not be accessible because of the shorelines melting away. This was the last chance for many of us to get on the ice for this season.

This weekend I'm working, but I might drive north next weekend.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.