Author Topic: conditions at the mile? or open water at rampart?  (Read 799 times)

Offline Cub Fan 719

• IceShanty Rookie
conditions at the mile? or open water at rampart?
« on: Mar 18, 2014, 03:27 PM »
Anyone know about either?

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: conditions at the mile? or open water at rampart?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2014, 07:28 PM »
I look forward to Thursday because eleven mile marina posts their report every week. That's the best I know unless you are going fishing before then.

Offline Cub Fan 719

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Didn't know that. Thanks!

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Going to the mile in the morning. My boy and i are taking my father in-law and brother in-law ice fishing for their first time. Hoping to catch anything even those stockers that seem to be around. Has anybody had any luck recently? If so I could always use suggestions. Wish me luck on my search for hungry fish.

Offline Cub Fan 719

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Thats all we've been catching up there lately. Nothing but stockers. Was just curious about the ice. Ill be heading up Sunday. Let me know how it goes for ya. Good luck!

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2014, 04:01 PM »
Made it on the ice at 8:00 fished till 11:30 each person caught one stocker. The ice was 18+ inches had a light breeze and was sunny. I was glad that my in-laws didn't get skunked but somehow they managed to brake one of my rods. Lucky for me sportsmans has 30% off on all left over ice gear and I replaced my pole for $15. Let me know how you do on Sunday. Good luck!!!

Offline Cub Fan 719

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2014, 07:45 PM »
We fished most of the day. 6 fish between 2 of us. Saw lots of big trout and a few huge pike. The ones we caught we all 15 or less. Not many people up there today. Was kinda of surprised.  Fun day though! As we were getting off the ice lots of the shore had started to open up. Wont be much longer until we break out them Iong rods.

Offline CavScout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Fished the mile on Sat, iced 12 bows. Iced 10 Stockers and 2 good ones in the 17in range. Ice was still 20+ inches, but the shore is getting soft. Seen lots of pike, think they are in the shallows getting ready in their pre-spawn mode.  Was fishing in 6ft of water.
US Army Cavalry Scout 2007-Present 

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"-Edmund Burke

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.