Author Topic: WARNING ..LAKE WPG PICTURE OVERLOAD..  (Read 3968 times)

Offline mikeypikey

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing
WARNING ..LAKE WPG PICTURE OVERLOAD..
« on: Mar 18, 2014, 02:08 AM »
Kinda don't know where to start this.... i do know that Lake WPG is one of the best walleyes fisheries in the world...

sorry to the guys who are struggling to catch..  cold weather has plagued the province of Manitoba.. think cold weather is to blame for crappy fishing.
 the fish are there ,,,  there's  invisible forces that are making these fish have lock jaw.. 
well the cold weather is letting up and the walleye bite is turning on... i mean ON.... 

i did two back to back fishing trips to lake wpg with my two Americas friends,
they asked for alittle help so i gave them a few tips and pointer and was glad to show these great guys are back yard fishing pond(lake wpg

FIRST DAY was epic.  colder that $%@&.. but we came out to fish... we travel purden creek trail.... holy crap worst creek trial in the world..
im sure a few sleds shocks are shot after riding that joke of a trail..   (never again) 
the cold forced us to anchor down to one area and we stayed put....  man that was a good call .  massive school came swimming by and took out all the fishing lines..  we were all yelling for help , but no one could help cause we were all fighting  a fish...  stupid fun lol... 

rattles baits caught a few , but seem to scare off more then caught,  jigging spoons did alright..  but JIGS AND MINNOWS were the dynamite

rest is history.  pictures will explain the rest.

DAY TWO- ST PATRICK DAY...  well whats better then to catch MONSTER GREENBACKS on st patty day...
 4 of us set up shop on a spot we studied on our navionics  maping app..  its a must get!!  so we meet up , shoot met up with a local celebrity BIG CHINA (garth)  cool dude .. talk with this guy if you see him..   
anyways we worked our spot for a bit with no luck.. we were just about to move when the magic button turned on... our flashers lit up and we all went quiet and worked our  secret lure( jig and minnows.)
FISH ON.... OH WAIT , FISH ON HERE..  OH BIG MARK .. BIG BIG MARK , HOLY CRAP HUGE MARK... FISH ON..   
this was what we said for 5 hours straight .... 
we hit the mother load of piggy pig walleyes..   nothing under 24"  (we ate that one, smallest we could get) 

DON'T GIVE UP GUYS..  IF YOUR NOT CATCHING ,BUT MARKING  . STAY PUT!! AND CHANGE YOU LURE PRESENTATION ..  work your tackle box out.. try this and try that,  if all else fails, deadstick jigs and minnows , then when you see a mark on the flasher slow lift and lightly jiggle it..

today was a great day weather fish and great laughs , plus the great shore lunch we had .. fresher then fresh....   
wish i could type everything ,   tired..

biggest fish wasnt measure , measuring tape was to far away to get. we didnt want to kill the fish and release her as fast as we could..
we think 33" or you be the judge.  but most people limit out,  today we MASTERED OUT ..  woooo .  high five to my brothers today ... 
Wednesday lets do it again...

[URL=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/Mikey_Smith1/media/IMG_4081_zps4363c695.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Where ever you go.. There you are!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: WARNING ..LAKE WPG PICTURE OVERLOAD..
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2014, 07:02 AM »
Congrats on a couple awesome couple of days, great pictures!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline ShoreTeam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2014, 09:41 AM »
JEEBUS H CRIPES ON A POPSICKLE STICK Mikey....that's insane!!!!!!!  What a day......a day your American buddies will NEVER forget. 

As always, thanks - appreciate the detailed report with up to date information to really help.  Just awesome!

Offline Osmerus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2014, 12:21 PM »
Another great post to invigorate those of us who only have little bit of time to get out.   I really like your posts - very detailed and geared to those that are like-minded - ie. willing to put the energy in but resource friendly.   I come from an earlier time when providing a lot of info often would ruin a spot and over-pressure the resource (a time when releasing little fish was the regs, not the big ones, and telling a friend would soon lead to fighting crowds) - nice to have someone out there sharing some ideas, as a real time saver.   

Hopefully your buddies aren't MAs and return the favour in some way.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2014, 01:38 PM »
congrats.....i have this sneaky suspicion your US friends are going to want to purchase a home in Winnipeg and become Canadian citizens...lol

Offline mcdee

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • w
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2014, 04:12 PM »
 :clap:

Offline avidangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2014, 04:59 PM »
Great post...great pics...great fish...  thx again 

Offline avidangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2014, 05:03 PM »
Just remember Mikey...the people who enjoy your posts far outnumber those who don't...Looks like you were straight out from the mouth  congrats again

Offline mikeypikey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Just remember Mikey...the people who enjoy your posts far outnumber those who don't...Looks like you were straight out from the mouth  congrats again
BINGO

Offline dkozyra15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2014, 05:29 PM »
Good Job Bro!!! Stick it to the haters!!!
A bad day of fishing is still better then a good day @ work!

Offline mikeypikey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2014, 05:34 PM »
in one of the pictures you see my bro scott lip the walleye.  lmao , hes not american ;D ,  scotty my friend ,its not a bass, its has teeth lol
ouch. had to much fun that day with ya guys..

Offline Florian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2014, 06:58 PM »
I see you guys are using the otter tents.  I was planning on buying one and am just Wondering how your experience has been with them?

Offline clm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2014, 07:13 PM »
Holly cow.  Way to go guys!!!

Offline mikeypikey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2014, 07:15 PM »
;D

Offline reel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Great report. We were close at one point to your group Monday, but we did very poorly.

Offline ChannelKat8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2014, 10:24 PM »
Nice pics mikey. How many FOW are you in?

Offline Bowkes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2014, 09:12 AM »
Thats awesome! Looks like a fantastic day what better then fishing and friends! Gets me all jacked up seeing this to get out a couple more times.

Offline The_Big_Cat_Canada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2014, 10:20 AM »
UNREEL!!! Great post and awesome picks Mikey Holy #%&^ I'm thinking your gonna have to change your handle.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2014, 03:34 PM »
WTG guys  :bow: :bow: :bow: Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline swampdonkeyice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2014, 08:33 PM »
I see you guys are using the otter tents.  I was planning on buying one and am just Wondering how your experience has been with them?
The otters were very nice for this trip.....thermal insulated and very warm......Easy to use......and comfortable......great fishing with you mikey......see you next year......already counting the days till we come back

Offline Florian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 2014, 06:03 AM »
Ok thnx a lot for the input and thnx mikey for the post. Great pics!

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2014, 02:52 PM »
Every pic had me wishing I was there , congratulations on some great fish.

Offline swampdonkeyice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Here is a link to the video I put together, with some downhole underwater footage.  I am still a bigtime rookie videographer, but I will get better!

Thanks for the great times Mikey, see ya next year

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2014, 04:30 PM »
thats the exact same music i get when the auto parts store puts me on hold for like..20 min.  A little more practice and id say your ready to do a chainsaw masicre full length. Girls in bikinis would really help sell this video ya know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.