The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Update in Flathead Valley lakes area  (Read 626 times)

Offline Golden Trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Update in Flathead Valley lakes area
« on: Mar 16, 2014, 07:45 PM »
I don't know where to find the section on where to update stuff, so ill post it right here.  Made it out to McWenneger yesterday (sure was hard with the shore line being gone) and caught about 20 Crappie.  Ice is going fast and very unsafe.  Also fished Shady Lane Pond and caught a couple 12" rainbows with the ice holding good at about 12".  Fished Bitterroot today with no luck but the ice is at about 13" or so, Cad Lake with a couple 12-14"Rainbows and ice at about 14", Little McGregor with ice at about 13" or so and a couple small perch. 

Anybody else doing any good in Flathead Valley? 

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: Update in Flathead Valley lakes area
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2014, 10:08 PM »
Friday...Middle Thompson...ice about 6-8" but getting SOFT...

McGregor...ice pretty consistant from Boisverts out to Mac Point...6-8" good and hard.  Lots of wierd looking areas from past pressure cracks, but I got close to plenty of them (in the Wilcraft) and they all drilled out the same.  All the Macs you want in 80-100 FOW around Mac Point. Fish any tube jig on the bottom.

Bitterroot ice in best shape it's been all year, except for a little water on top after todays rain.  Gonna be well below freezing at night all week and the kokes are hitting.

I hear Swan is Tip Top conditions.

I am out again Tues and Wed with clients so will advise again mid week.

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.