Author Topic: showdown shutdown  (Read 997 times)

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
showdown shutdown
« on: Mar 15, 2014, 05:17 PM »
I was using my ice stroller today and it just stopped working.
The main unit turns on but it no longer reads anything.
All the buttons work, based on the fact that each function is displayed when that button is pushed.

I am thinking that it's the transducer, but I can't say for sure.

My question is this: Can a transducer be repaired, or will it need to be replaced?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: showdown shutdown
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2014, 06:55 AM »
I would call Marcum and see what they say. Are you sure the battery /batteries are fully charged? DId you do any damage to the Transducer or cable?
<===Lefty===

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2014, 08:48 AM »
They can't be repaired,check the plug, on mine I have to push it in real hard to get it all the way on,and don't use rechargeable batteries in it,they don't seem to have the power of a regular battery and don't last very long at all

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2014, 10:37 AM »
Check the connection to the battery.  Mine (on LX-7) came loose several times a day until I crimped the female part a little.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2014, 10:56 AM »
I put in fresh batteries and will give it a try today.

When I first experienced the problem I did check and the transducer was "clicking" as it should, but I was not getting any display info beyond the basic screen display. I'm thinking (if the problem persists) that it could be the wire connection for the return signal, the cable itself, or "I don't know!"

The simulation mode does work as it has before, so it doesn't look like it's the main unit.

I check again today and reply later.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2014, 04:11 PM »
Tried again today with no success. The unit will turn on but it doesn't display any readings.
The screen displays what would be shown if the transducer was attached.

I guess I need a new one (transducer).

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2014, 10:27 PM »
I don't think it will read anything if the transducer is not in the water.Not sure if you were trying it out not in the water so just thought I would ask.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2014, 04:45 AM »
This is a long shot, but did you somehow get grease or something on the transducer?  That will screw them up good, wash with soapy water if so.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2014, 07:35 AM »
I read somewhere that someone used a fine piece of sandpaper and sanded the bottom of their transducer and it started working again. Don't do this and then blame me if it doesn't work.
<===Lefty===

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:13 AM »
It looks more like the main unit isn't receiving any signal/feedback from the transducer.
When I plug in the transducer, place it in the hole and turn the unit on the screen just shows a generic screen chart going down to 20 feet.
It worked on Sat for awhile, but just cut out after showing alot of static on the screen, and then nothing.

I just think I need a new 'ducer.

Thankfully I haven't become completely dependent on using the showdown, and I haven't forgotten how it "used to be done".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.