New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NY open water forum?  (Read 2469 times)

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
NY open water forum?
« on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:34 PM »
I am by no means ready to be done on the ice, but our laws say otherwise. I was wondering if there is a good open water forum such as this so I can keep up with you all on the off season!?!
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: NY open water forum?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:37 PM »
We have a sister site named myfishfinder.com there is a link at the bottom of the page.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:59 PM »
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2014, 08:00 PM »
It depends. If you are a bass fisherman and like me, only ice fish to pass time then I will send you to a local bass forum with a big group of great guys.

If you want to deal with alot of BS, join the sister site. Myfishfinder.com

Offline BillyChuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2014, 08:34 PM »
SSmokinn,
I would be interested in that Local Bass Forum.
If you could send me the link, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2014, 09:15 PM »
Thanks guys. I don't usually fish for bass but I'm also not looking for bs! So maybe I'll take you up on the offer
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2014, 05:45 AM »
Theres 1/3 the amount of BS on FishFinder than there is on here...   ;D ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:01 AM »
X10 on that Raq.....hunts2long
Northville, NY

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:40 AM »
It depends. If you are a bass fisherman and like me, only ice fish to pass time then I will send you to a local bass forum with a big group of great guys.

your right.....no good guys on myfishfinder  ::) I'm sure there's no bs on the Bass forums...give me a break!  :roflmao: :roflmao:
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:05 AM »

more BS on Ice Shanty , cause guys and gals can communicate and walk on water no boat needed, and far as and MFF , I find that some of the boat guys are spun a little tight , I enjoy fishing and a little BS never hurts , and nobody is putting a gun to anyones head to join MFF or IS just my .02 ,   

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:11 AM »
MFF was a lot more active in 2013 then the previous year. Think when the guys are not on the water there is more to do. Lawn, garden, vacations and family stuff..  Still some information there..Like IS, you learn what posts to skip and what to read..    I enjoy it..Seems to be fewer complaints of others fishing to close and a lot less about where to go. Maybe the MFF visitors read back for info ???

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:18 AM »
your right.....no good guys on myfishfinder  ::) I'm sure there's no bs on the Bass forums...give me a break!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

never said there wasnt any good guys.....just alot of BS I have noticed on that forum that I personally do not want to deal with.

::) ::)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:10 AM »
never said there wasnt any good guys.....just alot of BS I have noticed on that forum that I personally do not want to deal with.

::) ::)

AND YOU SAY NYBASS IS BETTER?  REALLY??  I don't know about that, man. I completely disagree with you...and I was "angler of the year" once over on NYbASS (that should really have been strike one against them).

I had a guy from NYbASS personally call me and threaten me because I told him his hooks suck.
Hookerz hooks by the way, and they do INDEED suck!   Garbage actually...   Lets see, how about winning Earthworms contest, but then "not winning" because he didn't like me cause i fished for fish other than bass.    Screw that place.   Good people there yes (mike D, John G, BBrian, Richie, Camrynekai to name a few), but the a_holes ruin it.

i will take regular folks that fish for anything and everything over BASS wannabees ANY DAY.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:33 AM »
Just joined FishFinder yesterday.  My handle is Norsk.  I love the Salmon River thread.

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:36 AM »
AND YOU SAY NYBASS IS BETTER?  REALLY??  I don't know about that, man. I just completely disagree with you...and I was "angler of the year" once over on NYbASS (that should really have been strike one against them).

Oooh, Is that the place that has all the good bass recipes and videos on how to properly filet bass and threads about favorite live bait techniques for smallies ;D   Those big largemouths from Round Lake make a great addition to my compost pile and they are suckers for big minnows under floats ;D

Offline ThisGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Getting a little hostile over here I see!
This house is protected by the good Lord and a gun

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:55 AM »
Oooh, Is that the place that has all the good bass recipes and videos on how to properly filet bass and threads about favorite live bait techniques for smallies ;D   Those big largemouths from Round Lake make a great addition to my compost pile and they are suckers for big minnows under floats ;D

You should see my Laker compost pile ;) 

Just kidding I feed em to the cats..  Leftovers that is.  I prefer Steelies.

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2014, 12:31 PM »
I like the garlic/herb broiled haddock at Canal View

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2014, 01:45 PM »

I hope that comment about LM  from round  is a joke or a lame attempt at digging ssmokinss. Either way I doubt he or anyone else gave it the time of day. if you infact DO take  LM  out of there for for compost that's somethi g that would affend and quite frankly piss a lot of people off.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2014, 01:54 PM »
I hope that comment about LM  from round  is a joke or a lame attempt at digging ssmokinss. Either way I doubt he or anyone else gave it the time of day. if you infact DO take  LM  out of there for for compost that's somethi g that would affend and quite frankly piss a lot of people off.

Cmon Jimi!  This is a long running joke on here (like 12 years running).   Some people even refer to them as "green carp" :sick:  I mean, lets be honest, I don't think bass would make very good compost anyway  ::)   but thats why I like a site like this, we can joke around and have a good time, just need to bring your sense of humour with you @).   Even slipbob has been known to angle for a bass or two (good luck getting him to admit that though :) )

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:11 PM »
Yeah Ss is pretty protective of that mud puddle. 

Some of you bass guys need to thin the Largies out of Glen so they don't eat all the stocked trout this year.  The stupid rainbows schooled up and some massive bass were getting two at a time til I caught one and told it to stop.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:15 PM »
Yeah Ss is pretty protective of that mud puddle. 

Not in the beginning.  I tried to warn him.  He learned the hard way unfortunately.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:21 PM »
Lazy/ opportunistic people like me love to find a new fishing spot with google.  I learned a thing or two as well.  Send em all to Harris Bay for perch  ::)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:37 PM »
Not in the beginning.  I tried to warn him.  He learned the hard way unfortunately.

I am not worried about it. The lake is NOT a easy lake to produce consistently.

Its pretty amusing tho having people follow me around constantly, and try to copy me while im putting 6lbers in the boat and they dont understand what they are doing wrong.

every joe shmoe does the same thing in the lake. Lets beat the banks, and the lily pad edge...and then when we are done with that lets move to the milfoil bed's which is 60% of the lake....

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:38 PM »
AND YOU SAY NYBASS IS BETTER?  REALLY??  I don't know about that, man. I completely disagree with you...and I was "angler of the year" once over on NYbASS (that should really have been strike one against them).

I had a guy from NYbASS personally call me and threaten me because I told him his hooks suck.
Hookerz hooks by the way, and they do INDEED suck!   Garbage actually...   Lets see, how about winning Earthworms contest, but then "not winning" because he didn't like me cause i fished for fish other than bass.    Screw that place.   Good people there yes (mike D, John G, BBrian, Richie, Camrynekai to name a few), but the a_holes ruin it.

i will take regular folks that fish for anything and everything over BASS wannabees ANY DAY.

I was not around for the only NY bass days...However, one of my good fishing buddys had alot of issues on the forum when you did as well. Its cleaned up now. They removed all the junk. Never even heard of those hooks.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:43 PM »

people come out of the wood work's to bash me whenever round lake and me get brought up. Not sure why...

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #26 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:46 PM »
Even slipbob has been known to angle for a bass or two (good luck getting him to admit that though :) )

Okay like maybe once or twice ::)   I still have a small stash of sluggos and man did they work back in the day and still would @)

FrankM

« Reply #27 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:55 PM »
"Is it Bass?"   Man In the Wilderness

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:59 PM »
Okay like maybe once or twice ::)   I still have a small stash of sluggos and man did they work back in the day and still would @)

sluggo's? people still use those things?  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 14, 2014, 03:08 PM »
just lookin out for a buddy didn't realize the joke.  he sure does get ripped any time round gets brought up. maybe if stopped pulling giants out of there all summer long people would lay off. I wouldn't though, I just keep drilling for info when i see the pictures hit facebook. on another note, I seem to do pretty well on those banks and lilies. not all season but they have there time. as for people following you around...I need a faster boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.