Author Topic: Fishcrafter JOKE!!!  (Read 2743 times)

Offline FishADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold Hands
Fishcrafter JOKE!!!
« on: Mar 12, 2014, 09:26 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-FISHCRAFTERS-Mass-Ice-Fishing-TIP-UP-RIG-with-Brass-Reel-Blue-Flag-/261375231531?pt=AU_Vintage_Fishing&hash=item3cdb2d862b
Who new your gramp's old fishcrafters could be sold for $65?????
What a joke!!!!!!!!   :wacko:
Guess I'll have to head back to the antique shops, if I'm going to get some more. :'(
The seller is an Ausie, I wonder if he used it to go ice fishing at the south pole! ;D
All together it will cost about $90.
I feel sorry for the poor sole that buys it.....
-DISCLAIMER-
Everything written above is entirely false. All posts were fabricated by analysing the posts of others. All pictures were stolen from the internet. I have never gone ice fishing in my life.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishcrafter JOKE!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2014, 09:56 AM »
Oh, nice! I have about 20 of those in the garage- I'M RICH!!!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2014, 07:01 PM »
Wow, Wow, Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 5 like brand new that look to have never been used in my basement. Bought in a split wooden basket with a thin metal handle. Like a galvanized coat hanger. They have a small spring that helps push the trip mech against the spool. Have to wait till next season to sell I guess since the season is about to end for me. I am not advertising  to sell at the moment................ .
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline FishADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold Hands
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2014, 08:01 PM »

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 5 like brand new that look to have never been used in my basement. Bought in a split wooden basket with a thin metal handle. Like a galvanized coat hanger. They have a small spring that helps push the trip mech against the spool. Have to wait till next season to sell I guess since the season is about to end for me. I am not advertising  to sell at the moment................ .
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Starting bid: $5
You putting on ebay or shanty store?
-DISCLAIMER-
Everything written above is entirely false. All posts were fabricated by analysing the posts of others. All pictures were stolen from the internet. I have never gone ice fishing in my life.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2014, 07:18 PM »
Please read above as I don't want to violate IS rules and regs. There is a name tag on the TP's that have a woman's name. Looks as if they never had line on them. Buried right in basement right now as I have 40+ TP that I have "collected" over the years..............
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline FishADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold Hands
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2014, 01:27 PM »
Just a joke. I don't actually want to buy them yet....
-DISCLAIMER-

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2014, 10:54 AM »
  Even though the US-Australia exchange rate is pretty close,  Australia has some pretty big inflation issues and the minimum wage there is $15.30 now, pretty much twice the US minimum wage.  If you look at it that way then the $65 dollars doesn't look as bad.  Throw in the fact that since ice fishing is not really a viable option in Australia, there are probably not very  many tip ups in the country and the ones that do exist may command a higher price due to the limited supply and the demand of the antique collector which the ad is targeting.  You might say "I've got tons of them here and they're worthless so I'll just ship them to Australia and make a fortune".  Once you find out that the cost to ship one tip up over there could cost more than the $65 asking price the price doesn't seem so bad again.

Offline FishADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold Hands
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2014, 08:55 PM »
Well if your talking about minimum wage-
aus = $65 cost of tip up/$15 min. wage
$4.33/$1   
m= US cost
m/$8
m=8*4.33
m= $34 in terms of minimum wage
That is still a lot for a tip up.
BTW that fishcrafter is missing the flag and appears to be the one of the later models. Prob from the 70s or 80s.
-DISCLAIMER-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.