New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Leland's Pond  (Read 826 times)

OneidaAngler

Leland's Pond
« on: Mar 10, 2014, 03:37 PM »
Anybody have some advice for this body of water? Never fished it before, planning on fishing the upper pond, targeting browns and some crappies. After looking at the contour map, I'm thinking the 40 foot flat would be a good spot to start for the browns and maybe the crappies if they are suspended? Any help would appreciated.

OneidaAngler

Re: Leland's Pond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2014, 10:18 AM »
bump...

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2014, 11:27 AM »
Backside of the farthest point along the south shore line, Ive always done well in that area for browns perch crappies etc etc.. Kind of a mixed bag.. The browns you will find anywhere from 2 feet below the ice to 15 feet below the ice... Sometime right on top of shore, it drops off quick over there
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

OneidaAngler

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Thanks I will give it a shot!

Offline DDeMarco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:09 AM »
was the upper lake froze  on Tuesday 3-11 creek coming in at top was flowing and didn't look safe thinking of trying today

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:18 AM »
was the upper lake froze  on Tuesday 3-11 creek coming in at top was flowing and didn't look safe thinking of trying today
Stay away from the North east corner where the inlet is. Always thin ice there. Try it off the point just West of that area  (out from where houses are on North side. )

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Some great fish in lelands for such a small fishery. I second the advice above the thin ice. Lelands is always a mixed bag and always a lot of fun! My pb best came from there. 6 1/4 lbs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.