Author Topic: Lowrance Elite 4 questions  (Read 1035 times)

Offline 870expressmag

• IceShanty Rookie
Lowrance Elite 4 questions
« on: Mar 10, 2014, 12:31 PM »
I am a new member here, been reading posts for a while and learning a lot.  Me and my dad have been getting back into ice fishing this year for the first time in a long time, due to the very extended season this year in Michigan.  My question is, i already have a lowrance elite4 in my boat, i see they sell a ice fishing kit with the bag, battery, and charger.  Is this worth getting over a flasher unit?  and also will my unit do just the graph?  or does it have a flasher mode built in to it?  i see the elite4 ice machine has a flasher on the screen but mine was purchased for the boat so i wasnt sure if my unit would do that.  advantages/disadvantages?  i am a newbie, never used a flasher, only seen a buddy using one, still learning sonar, as i just mounted it in my boat last year.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
Re: Lowrance Elite 4 questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2014, 01:51 PM »
Yes the ice kit is what you want. The E4 has flasher mode if your on ice mode setting but once you use the graph in spit screen with the left side in zoom 2 or 4X at any point in the water column you choose you'll never use the flasher. I have used a lx3 and vex and I hate them. All you need to do is take the head unit from the boat and mount it in the bag, change your settings for ice mode and ice view and go fishing. You will love it, No need for another unit for ice fishing.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline 870expressmag

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2014, 02:25 PM »
thanks for the reply, i was hoping to get positive thoughts about it as it would be less expensive and i can have it in both hardwater and open water instead of one 400.00 unit sitting during one season, and if we dont get good ice one year i havnt wasted money on a dedicated ice unit. 

Offline Douger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2014, 04:14 PM »
If you have access to your boat you can fire up your 4 out of the water and put it in ice mode and check it out.

Offline 870expressmag

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2014, 04:23 PM »
getting to the boat is a little difficult at the moment, pretty big snow drifts yet around the barn, but if i can get to it i will give that a try.

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2014, 09:46 PM »
you will like the graph mode once you start using it but it does have the flasher.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.