Author Topic: Kingston Harbour fishing?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Kingston Harbour fishing?
« on: Mar 09, 2014, 06:45 PM »
I know the winters with good Lake O ice are few and far between but this is one of them so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried Portsmouth or Lake Ontario park?  Would love to get a brown or bow through the ice.
@jzuliniak

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Kingston Harbour fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2014, 07:56 PM »
I used to fish at the Olympic harbor, perch,  just outside the breakwater/wharf, just out from the coast guard building, in about 15 feet of water, lots of perch there.   You can park at the parking lot and access just behind the coast guard building.
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2014, 01:00 PM »
thanks Sig, I have fished this area quite a bit during open water and cant wait to see how the ice fishing is.
@jzuliniak

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2014, 06:35 AM »

At the Olympic harbour just out from the breakwater where it starts to bend by the flagpoles. about 100 meters out there is a weed bed,  the pike lay in there (big ones) great spot in the spring,
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:49 PM »

At the Olympic harbour just out from the breakwater where it starts to bend by the flagpoles. about 100 meters out there is a weed bed,  the pike lay in there (big ones) great spot in the spring,

thanks again, I checked it out today and the access looks easy by the coast guard building, going to fish there sunday or at least punch a couple holes to see what the ice is like.  I also took a look at Lake O park, unfortunately they dont plow the roads down to the lake so its a bit of a hike through the park but I saw someone out there today.  Hopefully they got something because it would have been brutal there with the wind.
@jzuliniak

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.