Author Topic: great year  (Read 1572 times)

Offline weekdaywarrior05

• IceShanty Rookie
great year
« on: Mar 09, 2014, 06:43 PM »
This year has been the best year I have ever had you can't complain when we are on the ice for more then 3full months but with this weather I fear IM done, after tomorrow morning, it was a very tough bite at points this year but overalls had a very good year and already looking forward to the cold next year
LX-9

Offline Bartx3

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: great year
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2014, 09:19 PM »
I hung up my gear a couple days ago. Now I'm waiting impatiently for the open waters and counting down the days till next winter!

Offline Fishin4eyes30+

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2014, 11:55 PM »
I'm with u man best ice season for sure! Some days were frustrating but I always caught fish! This would be my first year I fished on ice in March and I'm sad to see the ice go!!!! Can't wait for next ice as well lol

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:00 AM »
Washed my sled out yesterday and set it up to dry.  Packed er back up and I'm going storage right now!  Not gonna lie but I hate doing it .  Although it really has been a great year.  I took my kids fishing a bunch.  After last year my 8 year old said he didn't like ice fishing anymore , well I got him out first trip and he caught a couple pike on tip ups.  He's hooked.  As long as I was running tip ups he was in the truck. Then one of the last trips he wanted to do some jigging.  Well there goes my vex.  Gonna need another by next winter.  He doesnt like to share.  And I'm not at all dissapointed. Lol.  Great to see his enthusiasm now.  Yep!  Great year!

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2014, 10:06 AM »
Yep great year here too. Caught some awesome fish, fished some great fisheries, saw some great country, made some new friends and got to fish with some old ones. Putting the gear away today and already thinking about my bucket list for next season. Will seem like a long time, but it will be here before we know it. Will continue to check the boards and dream of big fish for next year.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline Fishunter77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2014, 10:24 AM »
This was the first year I've been on the ice since my grandpa/ice-fishing buddy died. That was in 2002, and he didn't go much in the previous few years prior to his passing. So I will guess it's been a solid 15 year stretch. The first time out on the ice I realized how much I missed it, so even if I hadn't caught many fish (and I caught quite a few over several trips) it has been a great year just for the fact that I've rediscovered my love for ice fishing.

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Fun season for me on the ice too. Now time to get ready for open water.
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2014, 10:31 PM »
     Yes, sad as it is, all good things must come to an end.... :(   at least until the water turns hard nine months from now.   Nine months....almost like a pregnancy.... :o   it will need to get worse before it will be better.   ;D   Oh well, I enjoy fishing in the streams and lakes in the mountains.  ;)
     Thanks to everyone on Ice Shanty for their replies and input during the ice season.   Stay safe throughout the liquid months to return for another Ice season next winter.   HAPPY TRAILS !   :)    Dennis Hutt

Offline DonW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Hated to see this season come to a close. It was a great year! Got my son and my youngest daughter out for the first time, they had a blast! Best of luck to everybody during the open water season.

Tight Lines,
DonW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.