Author Topic: Accesories Marcum should make, Now with pics of new arm.  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
As you guys know our ice season is not very long and  is spotty here in Kansas but that is no reason to not own a good flasher. I have been going to boat docks just before dark. Even though there is no structure on the bottom the fish move in every night. The ice is not good enough to set my LX5 on now so I put it on the dock and maybe rig a floatey for the transducer which brings to mind the first idea. There needs to be a longer arm for the ducer since there is plenty of room in the soft case for it. Second thing would be a low power LED light that could mount in the opposite hole for the arm or a tab to one of the gimble mount screws or thumb nuts. The light would allow you to make adjustments to the unit in the dark. Third would be a tinted snow shield or variable brightness for the display.
Since I have used this unit my catch has increased by 75% on Crappie and Walleye fishing from these docks, so these things are not just for sitting on top of the hard water. If more locals where aware of how good they work for this method sales would no doubt increase. Since I know people will say whats wrong with just using the float? There are two reasons, if there is any breeze/waves it moves around and makes it hard to read the display. Second thing it's easier to move to another spot with the arm since it supports the ducer straight down and don't pull the cable out of the storage compartment.
So for now I'll study up on low power small LED lights to find a suitable one. The arm, I can program a CNC mill to make a longer one then maybe some window tint on a spare snow shield.

Offline ready2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Accesories Marcum should make
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2014, 11:46 AM »
some good ideas

Post pictures when your done

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2014, 09:59 PM »
how about a sunshade built in the front flap of the flashers softcase like they do on cameras , they could sew two flaps that swing out and Velcro into place to make a nice sunshade for the flashers.........

Offline huntsfurfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2014, 02:07 PM »
I would like to see them make a mount to a cannon ball (downrigger mount)for their cameras .  Could video while trolling.  Would be @) cool.

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2014, 12:47 AM »
vexilar flex light works great in other hole

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:49 PM »
Thanks Chris. I did see one with the Vex light mounted to it and it seemed to fit fine so I may get one. Just need to decide hard wired or internal battery type.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:50 PM »
 A Vexilar  Stopper/float works too
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

gman51

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2014, 01:44 PM »
how about working on and fixing the real important issues they are having with their digital units first before they put them out for the consumers. then maybe move on to the cosmetic things.

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Accesories Marcum should make, Now with pics of new arm.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:22 PM »
[image][/img]
The new arm is finished. 1/4" 6061 AL T6 with some go fast ball mill stripes.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2014, 02:25 AM »
How does the longer arm do vs the leverage. Does it get tippy?

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2014, 09:08 AM »
I just got home from using it early this morning. It has plenty of weight in the unit and is very stable with the arm fully extended. Caught about 10 crappie and a walley.

gman51

« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2014, 09:02 AM »
wow it helps you catch fish to?? ....... amazing

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2014, 11:29 AM »
Yes it does by getting the transducer away from the dock without risk of the whole unit falling off the edge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.